Serious Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by lloyd menzies, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lloyd menzies

I honestly have no idea what more i can do after many fustrating hours and days of trying to work out a way to fix it so players cannot lose their tools, weapons and armor when they die.

I have tried absolutely everything i can possibly think off and i am left with the bug that sometimes when a player dies they lose their items even though you have tried many auto repair plugins and have installed a plugin which stops items dropping on death.

I have spent over 3 months working very very hard on my server, it's my life and my chance to make some money.

It is absolutely vital that duribility in my server is kept at a distance as my server is evolved around completing quests and killing monters to obtain weapons, tools and armor. Crafting is disabled, it's an RPG, monsters, quests and classes server equiped with 3 months worth of storyline questing and custom dungeons i have worked so hard to make.

But with the bug that i have that sometimes when a player dies no matter how many auto repair plugins you have they can sometimes lose their items.

Right now EVERYTHING i have DONE is a complete waste of time and has been wasted all for nothing! I was ready to provide a new gaming experience in Minecraft but i cannot.

Im on my knees begging and it's the 1st time i've ever done this. Please someone help me, someone who has had this problem before give me the solution. Im not even going to give details with the amount of money i've spent in the last 3 months on this server...

Thank you for reading!

2. Offline

RumbleIV

Did you put in the permission nodes for the plugin?

3. Offline

lloyd menzies

It was 1 of the first things i did. What would be better is if there was a plugin that would completely disabled duribility.

Thanks for replying!

4. Offline

sillyrosster

lloyd menzies
    Ok, so I found a few plugins that allow you to control item dropping on death. One of them disables it all together, allowing the player to keep his items, hence its name KeepItems. The other one allows you to choose when the player should keep the items on death.

WorldGuard has an option to disable item durability completely.

Here are the plugins:
    DeathControl
    KeepItems

Remember to only use one at a time, as they can conflict with each other.

5. Offline

lloyd menzies

You been an incredible help sillyrosster I will certainly give WorldGuard a try.

Edit, it seems WorldGuard only works for tools... Duribility is still enabled on weapons and armor..

Im going crazyily angry mad!

There has to be a solution out there ;(

6. Offline

sillyrosster

I'll look later today.

Just a note, but it took me one quick search on BukkitDev to find those plugins. Try looking a little harder.

7. Offline

lloyd menzies

Atm im using RPGArmor which works it disables durability on armor, worldguard for the tools but i still dont have anything for the weapons.

Please help me find sometihng for the weapons thanks.

8. Offline

lloyd menzies

Solved thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.