Inactive [SEC] xAuth v2.0.10 - Extra Authentication [1.2.5-R1.3+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CypherX, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CypherX

xAuth v2.0.10 - (CraftBukkit build: [1.2.5-R1.3+])
    Download v2.0.10

lycano is taking over the development of xAuth as I no longer have the time nor the will to continue working on it. Please see the BukkitDev page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/xauth/

Thanks to everyone who has showed support for me and xAuth over the past 17 months. It's been 'fun'. If for any reason you need to contact me, stop by my IRC channel (irc.rizon.net #LoveDespite) or toss me a message at http://love-despite.com/forum. Until we meet again, stay gold. Bang.

------------------------------------------------------------------​

xAuth is a plugin designed with a single task in mind: protect a server and its players while running in offline-mode. The basic idea of this protection is allowing players to register an account based on their player name and a supplied password. When a registered player connects to the server, that player will be prompted to authenticate his or herself by logging in. If and only if a valid password is supplied, they will regain full control of their account until their session expires.

Features
    • Before registering/logging in, players cannot:
      • Chat, execute commands, interact with objects (levers, chests, etc.), move, or pickup items.
      • Break or place blocks
      • Receive or give damage, be targeted (followed) by hostile mobs
    • Inventory and location protection
    • In-depth setting and message configuration
    • Persistent login sessions through server restarts
    • Player name filter and password complexity configuration
    • Kick non-logged in (but registered) players after a configurable amount of time
    • Bukkit Permissions support
    • Kick or temporarily lockout the IP address of a player who fails to log in after a configurable amount of tries
    • Custom, highly secure password hashing
    • H2 and MySQL support
    • Authentication over URL (AuthURL) allows for connection to forum or website databases
    Changelog (click for full changelog)
    • Version 2.0.10
      • [Fixed] Exploit to completely bypass login system.
      • [Fixed] xAuth commands not working with Rcon
      • [Fixed] Exploiting login system to avoid fire & drowning damage.
      • [Fixed] NPE caused by player connecting & disconnecting during same server tick.
      • [Fixed] 'Table "SESSIONS" not found' error when a player uses /logout while session length is set to zero.
      • [Fixed] Exploiting location protection after dieing to return to the spot of death.
    • Version 2.0.9
      • Added several reverse single session configuration options.
      • Fixed registration.forced: false not working.
      • Updated version check and H2 download links.
    xAuth Importer
    xAuth Importer is a tool used to import accounts from previous versions of xAuth as well as other authentication plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Offline

actionforgames

READ THIS EVERY ONE !

We all get error from xAuth in console like:

Something about database, so please don't posting this error anymore.
    I am sure that developer will try to fix this problem. :)

3. Hello, i just installed xAuth on my modded craftbukkit server, and everytime a player logs in the items like quantum armor, nanosuit, mining drill from industrialcraft2 are uncharged, same goes for the backpacks, each time they log the items stored in the IC2 ( i think thoose backpacks are from ic2 ) are gone, any way to fix it please?

Thanks ;D

PS : Also would it be posible to kick non premiums if a premium member wants to join? Thanks.

4. Offline

shaPP

PHP:
    15:00:09 [SEVERE] [xAuthFailed to insert player data into database!
    java.sql.SQLExceptionColumn count doesn't match value count at row 1
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1073)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3593)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3525)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1986)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2140)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2626)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:2111)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2407)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2325)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2310)
    at com.cypherx.xauth.PlayerDataHandler.storeData(PlayerDataHandler.java:94)
    at com.cypherx.xauth.PlayerManager.protect(PlayerManager.java:160)
    at com.cypherx.xauth.listeners.xAuthPlayerListener$1.run(xAuthPlayerListener.java:287)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.examine.TimedWrapper.run(TimedWrapper.java:27)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:533)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    How do i fix it ?

5. Offline

CookCraftHD

Hello,
    I have the same problem as many posted above.
    but how do I fix it?

6. I really need help fixing the Ic2 items charge problem, please.

7. Offline

rulorn

How to multiple servers with one database?

8. Offline

CookCraftHD

you make it to the same database :)

9. C'mon no1 knows how to fix the battery loss from IC2 items with xAuth?! :/

10. Offline

LlmDl

You can't really expect all plugins to work with non-bukkit mods. Supporting special items is something that the author has to add to their plugin, maybe you could ask nice and hope that CypherX isn't completely disgusted with the people posting in his thread.

11. I actually asked nice, once, but this is a pain in the ass, there are a lot of nonpremium craftbukkit servers around there, i bet i'm not the only one having this issue.

12. Offline

Max Black

Hey guys, thought I'd share this wordpress plugin I made real quick for xAuth. I'll probably update it and add and admin page etc, but for now it works fine.
    https://bitbucket.org/mazzzzz/xauth-wordpress-linker
    Feel free to pull and clean it up; and as I said, I'll add some more to it as it's needed.

Also, I ran into an interesting bug while I was working on this. It seems that I couldn't use the url 'http://blog.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php' for the authurl, it just wouldn't even try to connect. Because of this I had to create a file at 'http://blog.com/something.php' and have that file proxy over to the real one. I believe it's an error with the plugin, as it works with my work around, thoughts?

Max

13. Offline

guykaj

Hey, I've been using your plugin for a couple months now and its perfect, My server got corrupted and I needed to re-download all of the plugins. Now your plugin is not letting non-oped users to use the /login command. Please help me figure out the problem.

14. Offline

Zeiss

xAuth v2.0.10
    Bukkit-1.2.5 R4.1
    My server has different worlds, Creative, and Survival. If I for example. Survival in with / quit quit and I need to sign up must all of my items are in the creative world
    (sorry for my english)

15. Offline

bobitza

how change your pass critp to md5 :((((( i can make register with that encrypt you have

16. Offline

ShadowFury12

i dont have a github. so im gonna ask everyone. my friend registered and hasnt played for a while and forgot his password. And i dont know were to find the passwords! Plz someone help me.

17. Offline

shaPP

18. Offline

Kainzo

There an update for the PlayerMove event throwing errors?

19. Offline

bobitza

i can't apply that script i dont know how i dont understanding

or say me or editted you for me pls :X how change ecrypt password i wanted to md5 simple not hashed

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  20. Offline

Max Black

Hey CypherX, I figured out the issue with connections; wordpress requires the GET param 'action' to denote what function to call, but your function also contains that as one of its params (which overwrites the one wordpress needs). It'd be really nice if in the next release you allowed us to prefix all of your params with something. So when we retrieved them instead of just being action, it were xAuth-action or something, because it's impossible to change wordpress's params.

Max

21. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

Can you please make a way for me to always know what there passwords are? Because it is part of something else.

22. Offline

Max Black

Hi Isaih, how do you have your config setup? If you point it to a mysql server it will store the passwords there, allowing you to query them.

Edit: Fuck, the helpdesk jocky is showing xD

23. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

What if I can't have mysql?

24. Offline

Max Black

You could point the auth url to a webservice and use the webservice to manage the passwords, knowing them there. Other than that, it sounds like you need to find a better place to host your server if you want that type of functionality.

25. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

I just run it off my desktop :\

26. Offline

Hecke29

Temporarily solution:
    Execute 002 and 003 on your MySQL Database manually from his github repository. Then change the 4th line in the plugin/xauth/DBVERSION (it says playerdata=X) to "playerdata=3". Then start the Bukkit-server.

27. Offline

Thrax33

just downloaded this yesterday but ran into a problem where when people relog in and go back to where they were before, the land doesn't render fast enough and they just fall through the ground and die anyway to fix this?

28. Offline

LordTrevor

What's the status of the license of this plugin?
    You use some GPLv3 code (AuthURL), but the rest of the code lacks a header and you don't have a LICENSE file.

I'm assuming it's GPLv3 then, as per the terms of that GPL'd code you use?

29. Offline

CatsyLady

easy fix for that:
    install WorldGuard and set

teleport-on-void-falling: true
    teleport-on-suffocation: true

30. Offline

Jacob61916

can we import other offline-mode authitication plugins, like Authme, hashing files?

31. Offline

Soup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.