Inactive [SEC] xAuth v2.0.10 - Extra Authentication [1.2.5-R1.3+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CypherX, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CypherX

xAuth v2.0.10 - (CraftBukkit build: [1.2.5-R1.3+])
    Download v2.0.10

lycano is taking over the development of xAuth as I no longer have the time nor the will to continue working on it. Please see the BukkitDev page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/xauth/

Thanks to everyone who has showed support for me and xAuth over the past 17 months. It's been 'fun'. If for any reason you need to contact me, stop by my IRC channel (irc.rizon.net #LoveDespite) or toss me a message at http://love-despite.com/forum. Until we meet again, stay gold. Bang.

------------------------------------------------------------------​

xAuth is a plugin designed with a single task in mind: protect a server and its players while running in offline-mode. The basic idea of this protection is allowing players to register an account based on their player name and a supplied password. When a registered player connects to the server, that player will be prompted to authenticate his or herself by logging in. If and only if a valid password is supplied, they will regain full control of their account until their session expires.

Features
    • Before registering/logging in, players cannot:
      • Chat, execute commands, interact with objects (levers, chests, etc.), move, or pickup items.
      • Break or place blocks
      • Receive or give damage, be targeted (followed) by hostile mobs
    • Inventory and location protection
    • In-depth setting and message configuration
    • Persistent login sessions through server restarts
    • Player name filter and password complexity configuration
    • Kick non-logged in (but registered) players after a configurable amount of time
    • Bukkit Permissions support
    • Kick or temporarily lockout the IP address of a player who fails to log in after a configurable amount of tries
    • Custom, highly secure password hashing
    • H2 and MySQL support
    • Authentication over URL (AuthURL) allows for connection to forum or website databases
    Changelog (click for full changelog)
    • Version 2.0.10
      • [Fixed] Exploit to completely bypass login system.
      • [Fixed] xAuth commands not working with Rcon
      • [Fixed] Exploiting login system to avoid fire & drowning damage.
      • [Fixed] NPE caused by player connecting & disconnecting during same server tick.
      • [Fixed] 'Table "SESSIONS" not found' error when a player uses /logout while session length is set to zero.
      • [Fixed] Exploiting location protection after dieing to return to the spot of death.
    • Version 2.0.9
      • Added several reverse single session configuration options.
      • Fixed registration.forced: false not working.
      • Updated version check and H2 download links.
    xAuth Importer
    xAuth Importer is a tool used to import accounts from previous versions of xAuth as well as other authentication plugins. Click here for more information.

2. If Dreamweaver is shitty then how come its the number 1 website developer?

3. Offline

CypherX

Because tools such as yourself require a program to build the website for you.

4. Offline

tincopper2

IKR? I was looking over the forums, looks like this guy may not have a life, or friends. :(

They don't build it for you, you build it with the tools provided, not like some beach bum trying to make a sandwich out of his jizz and sand. (referring to making a shit one from scratch)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  5. Offline

CypherX

Hey, if you have to use some easymode tool to help you build something as simple as a website, especially an incredibly bloated program, it just means you aren't a real programmer. Deal with it.

6. Offline

Hydrosis

I think it would make your life easier to put FAQ(Frequently Annoying Questions) on the first post :3
    Then just post the link when someone asks a question that's on there. Less time typing=more free time for you. :D

7. Offline

Jordydaman

Hey, is anyone else having a problem with players spawning in random places after they log in?
    Also my World Edit Client side addon disappears

8. Offline

Hydrosis

I am, too. See if HeroSpawn works for you.

9. Offline

aehoooo

But then the thread wouldnt be as funny as it is now.

10. Offline

LlmDl

Love this thread.

11. CypherX
    Are you crazy man? Do you want our servers have 0.4 TPS?
    Look at this:
    http://pastebin.com/RZKwqajW
    Why so many checks? onMoveEvent = check That will result in low performance!

12. xD i agree

13. Offline

droctogonapus

my console keeps spamming
    Could not pass event org.bukkit.event.block.BlockBreakEvent to xAuth

14. Offline

kremington

Does anyone else have an issue with people spawning at random locations around where they should spawn after registering? I basically am stuck using Robert_'s 1.2 fix until I can figure out why people don't spawn where they should after registering. They end up on the roof of the building or outside of the building, but never where the actual spawn is. This was never an issue with older versions.. Thanks for any help

15. Offline

CypherX

I'm looking into it now. Other issues took priority.

Edit: Looking at the code now and it does the exact same thing. Not sure what your issue is. Try the plugin SuperSpawn.

16. Offline

IamJJJ

My server gets errors of this sort:

26.03 16:30:24 [Server] INFO Stopping server
    26.03 16:30:24 [Multicraft] Terminating Minecraft via signal
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO [xAuth] Downloading required H2 library..
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO [xAuth] Enabling xAuth v2.0.3
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO [xAuth] Disabling xAuth v2.0.3
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO [xAuth] Download complete, reloading xAuth
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.onEnable(xAuth.java:60)
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    26.03 16:30:14 [Server] INFO at

17. Offline

CypherX

IamJJJ - Looks like your server doesn't like the method xAuth uses to reload itself after downloading the H2 library. Do you get it every time you start the server or just the first time?

18. Offline

IamJJJ

every time i try to start.

It keps me from connecting to server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  19. Offline

CypherX

Download this and drop it in the /lib/ directory located in your server root then start the server.

Also, learn what the edit button is and no one was talking to you about SuperSpawn.

20. Offline

IamJJJ

HAha thanks alot CypherX there was nothing in the folder but that fixed it! BTW, your plugin is super awesome!

21. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

What is H2 and how do I use it/Install it?

22. Offline

CypherX

It's a database management system that xAuth uses to store accounts, sessions, etc. It should be downloaded automatically the first time you run the server with xAuth.

23. Offline

kremington

SuperSpawn hasn't been updated since December 13th...

I've joined other servers using the new version of xAuth and noticed the exact same problem. I spawn in some weird location and then have to use /spawn to get to were I am supposed to be.

I use EssentialsSpawn to set the spawn points for different groups. Basically I have different spawn points for different user groups, so new players go to a tutorial area upon joining. The xAuth location for that world is the same for all groups obviously. Anyway, with Robert_'s fix for xAuth 1.2 (and all previous versions) new users register, and then they are teleported to the tutorial area since that is the spawn for their group. Everything works fine. When I was testing the updated version, the new players would log in at the xAuth location for that world, then be teleported to an area near where the actual spawn is. They end up outside of the room or on the roof, but never where they should be. This is somewhat of an issue since people might be confused as to why they spawn in the middle of nowhere on a roof.

I just don't understand why nobody else is reporting this issue, and why there are no issues like this with the older versions of xAuth. I've also submitted an issue for this on Github and got some response about how it is not xAuth that is causing the issue. I don't see what else could be causing it since the spawn points worked fine when I tested the server without xAuth. Would you be able to see if you can reproduce this with EssentialsSpawn? I know not all servers have different spawns per group, but some rely heavily on it.

Thanks for continuing the development of this plugin. I do have to say that although some people consider this plugin to encourage piracy, I think it has caused people to buy Minecraft that otherwise wouldn't have. When I first saw Minecraft on Youtube it looked really stupid. My friend got me to try it out on an offline mode launcher, and now I think it is one of the best games ever made. It led me to buy and convince others to buy it. Anyone else agree with me?

Anyway, I am willing to donate $15 if I can get this spawn issue sorted out (hopefully without another plugin). Thanks again.

24. Offline

CypherX

kremington - Thanks for the continued support, and like I said, I'm looking into the issue so if/when a solution is found, I'll push an update.

25. Offline

noelcjf

thank for the plugin cypherX it works fine now, i installed wampserver and it works well in it hahah

26. Offline

Adrenaline

How to convert AuthMe database to xAuth ? :)

27. Offline

CypherX

At the moment the only way is to manually transfer accounts but an importer will be made available in the future.

28. Offline

Adrenaline

[​IMG]

How to manually ? :|

29. Offline

CypherX

You can either copy and paste playernames and passwords from the AuthMe database into the xAuth database (not recommended) or export the contents of the AuthMe database to a .sql script, edit it for xAuth, and run it.

30. Offline

pokoser

I have errors on start after update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.3

Code:
    [INFO] [xAuth] Successfully established connection to MySQL database
    2012-03-28 01:34:00 [SEVERE] [xAuth] Something went wrong while updating table [playerdata] to revision [001]
    com.cypherx.xauth.database.TableUpdateException: Duplicate column name 'potioneffects'
        at com.cypherx.xauth.database.DatabaseUpdater.executeQuery(DatabaseUpdater.java:174)
        at com.cypherx.xauth.database.DatabaseUpdater.runUpdate(DatabaseUpdater.java:101)
        at com.cypherx.xauth.database.DatabaseController.runUpdater(DatabaseController.java:146)
        at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.onEnable(xAuth.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)
    2012-03-28 01:34:00 [INFO] [xAuth] v2.0.3 Enabled!

31. Offline

jlafuenti

I am getting an error when using a quarry from buildcraft with this the messages are
    Code:
    21:15:08 [SEVERE] Could not pass event org.bukkit.event.block.BlockBreakEvent to
    xAuth
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.
    java:1026)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:61)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:460)
            at buildcraft.factory.TileQuarry.positionReached(TileQuarry.java:418)
            at buildcraft.factory.EntityMechanicalArm.doMove(EntityMechanicalArm.jav
    a:173)
            at buildcraft.factory.TileQuarry.l_(TileQuarry.java:140)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1182)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    java:1024)
            ... 9 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.cypherx.xauth.plugins.xPermissions.has(xPermissions.java:57)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.PlayerManager.isRestricted(PlayerManager.java:203)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.listeners.xAuthBlockListener.onBlockBreak(xAuthBloc
    kListener.java:25)
            ... 13 more
    21:15:09 [SEVERE] Could not pass event org.bukkit.event.block.BlockBreakEvent to
    xAuth
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    java:1026)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:61)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:460)
            at buildcraft.factory.TileQuarry.positionReached(TileQuarry.java:418)
            at buildcraft.factory.EntityMechanicalArm.doMove(EntityMechanicalArm.jav
    a:173)
            at buildcraft.factory.TileQuarry.l_(TileQuarry.java:140)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1182)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    java:1024)
            ... 9 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.cypherx.xauth.plugins.xPermissions.has(xPermissions.java:57)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.PlayerManager.isRestricted(PlayerManager.java:203)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.listeners.xAuthBlockListener.onBlockBreak(xAuthBloc
    kListener.java:25)
            ... 13 more
    it loops constantly, but the quarry does work as expected and nothing actually goes wrong on the server, just the console gets spammed with errors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.