Inactive [SEC] xAuth v2.0.10 - Extra Authentication [1.2.5-R1.3+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CypherX, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CypherX

xAuth v2.0.10 - (CraftBukkit build: [1.2.5-R1.3+])
    Download v2.0.10

lycano is taking over the development of xAuth as I no longer have the time nor the will to continue working on it. Please see the BukkitDev page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/xauth/

Thanks to everyone who has showed support for me and xAuth over the past 17 months. It's been 'fun'. If for any reason you need to contact me, stop by my IRC channel (irc.rizon.net #LoveDespite) or toss me a message at http://love-despite.com/forum. Until we meet again, stay gold. Bang.

------------------------------------------------------------------​

xAuth is a plugin designed with a single task in mind: protect a server and its players while running in offline-mode. The basic idea of this protection is allowing players to register an account based on their player name and a supplied password. When a registered player connects to the server, that player will be prompted to authenticate his or herself by logging in. If and only if a valid password is supplied, they will regain full control of their account until their session expires.

Features
    • Before registering/logging in, players cannot:
      • Chat, execute commands, interact with objects (levers, chests, etc.), move, or pickup items.
      • Break or place blocks
      • Receive or give damage, be targeted (followed) by hostile mobs
    • Inventory and location protection
    • In-depth setting and message configuration
    • Persistent login sessions through server restarts
    • Player name filter and password complexity configuration
    • Kick non-logged in (but registered) players after a configurable amount of time
    • Bukkit Permissions support
    • Kick or temporarily lockout the IP address of a player who fails to log in after a configurable amount of tries
    • Custom, highly secure password hashing
    • H2 and MySQL support
    • Authentication over URL (AuthURL) allows for connection to forum or website databases
    Changelog (click for full changelog)
    • Version 2.0.10
      • [Fixed] Exploit to completely bypass login system.
      • [Fixed] xAuth commands not working with Rcon
      • [Fixed] Exploiting login system to avoid fire & drowning damage.
      • [Fixed] NPE caused by player connecting & disconnecting during same server tick.
      • [Fixed] 'Table "SESSIONS" not found' error when a player uses /logout while session length is set to zero.
      • [Fixed] Exploiting location protection after dieing to return to the spot of death.
    • Version 2.0.9
      • Added several reverse single session configuration options.
      • Fixed registration.forced: false not working.
      • Updated version check and H2 download links.
    xAuth Importer
    xAuth Importer is a tool used to import accounts from previous versions of xAuth as well as other authentication plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Offline

MichaelDarkBlue

From some of the reading here in the forms, it sounds like mysql is required now when with this new version?

3. Offline

CypherX

Yep, MySQL will be the sole datasource.

4. Offline

NotYetRated

dude chill out. the old xauth still works, just use it for now, or assist Cypher yourself. A ton of work goes in to this crap.

5. Offline

JJoHH

So can you tell what time will the test be released?

6. Offline

Hydrosis

Assuming from what he said, within the next 24 hours if everything goes as planned.

7. Offline

CypherX

Reporting in: Doing basic testing of most features now. Who knows how long it'll take. (I'm also the leader of a visual novel project and we've been in a meeting for the last three hours that's still ongoing).

Good news everyone! The test build is finally ready! Send me a private message to obtain a copy but remember that it is indeed a TEST build meaning that there will more than likely be bugs. Use this at your own risk.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  8. Offline

robxu9

/me throws it in his Jenkins and watches it work... and fail.
    Please, please, fix pom.xml:
    (bPermissions: de.bananaco, bPermissions, dev-SNAPSHOT, http://repo.spout.org/)
    (PermissionsEx: ru.tehkode, PermissionsEx, 1.20-SNAPSHOT, http://repo.tehkode.ru/repository/bukkit-plugins/)
    Or I will come knocking on your door >:

9. Offline

CypherX

10. Offline

robxu9

11. Offline

santeri3700

how can i change the commands? :confused:

12. Offline

Tomass

@CypherX

It's plugin work on 1.2.3 MineCraft version?

13. Offline

surechoice

I can't wait for this plugin to come out again. I hope someone makes a "how to" video showing how to configure it with a registration website, with MySQL and so on... I am new at this and I think many other people would download it if they new how to do it. ☺

14. Offline

ashimi

I hope so too xD

15. Offline

MrTimmy12

works on 1.2.3?

16. Offline

JJoHH

I cant run any commands on the test version~ Help me!!

17. Offline

Hydrosis

18. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Where is the importer tool?

19. Offline

sharkale

20. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Does somebody have the importer tool for me? Im waiting a long time for the test build, now the test build is there. I cant find the importer tool anywhere.. -.-

21. Offline

skiba

can i get beta version for tests?

22. Offline

CypherX

When I said PM me for a test build, I meant private message not profile message. Also, all test build issues should be reported here, not in this thread.

23. Offline

ChemicallyGodly

i would pm you but, i made an account to pm you and get a test version but, i cant find a private messege button. help. is it conversation?

24. Offline

FunCraft

i remember there was a bug where people who were not logged in could use the OP command and OP another account that was opened from the same computer
    does this new beta version fix that problem?I had to give up at this plugin because my server was hacked by a person who kept giving himself Op and I didn't know how he did it until last week when I found that bug

25. Offline

SupremeSurvival

The same exact thing was happening to my server, causing it to go down. I've had trouble maintaining it due to this plugin, I hope it is fixed with the update.

26. Offline

CypherX

A fix for this in the old version has been known for several months and it's also fixed in the test build.

27. Offline

CatsyLady

we have some mayor problems converting the old sql database, since we used the modded
    version from this russian guy, posted in this thread earlier:

Code:
    Importing data into new MySQL database..
    Something went wrong while importing data into the MySQL database!
    java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Unknown column 'playername' in 'field list'
            at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatchSerially(PreparedStateme

well, we work on this

28. Offline

CypherX

Link me to whatever version you're using.

29. I don't known how to sent for you Private Message, please kan you sent Xauth plugins for 1.2.3 version? Thanks.

30. Offline

CatsyLady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.