Inactive [SEC] PermissionsPlus v3.2.5p - Alternative commands to modify Permissions in-game now w/MWS [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DigitalTyrant, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Offline

DigitalTyrant

PermissionsPlus - Adds ability to modify Permissions in-game

Updated: 10/6/2011
    Version: 3.2.5p [jar]
    CraftBukkit: [b1337jnks]
    Description:
    PermissionsPlus adds commands to allow administrators the ability to modify their Permissions config from within Minecraft client. The most complete Permissions editing plugin for Bukkit. Supports Multi-World. Updated for MultiPlay!​
    REQUIRES: Permissions 3.x - Permissions Thread

Includes: P2Aliases updated 10/6/2011

Get updates on TWITTER!

Installation and Usage information and Permissions nodes
    are available at Mymchost.com

Information:

It appears that I am not the only server admin that stuck to Permissions v2.7.4 so, I have released PermissionsPlusLegacy v2.4. It is a RB1000+ compatible version of PermissionsPlus v2.3. You can download this in the change log below.
    • You can specify multiple worlds separated using a comma. Do not use any spaces after the comma.
      Code:
      w:World1,World2,World3
    • You can specify all worlds using an asterisk.
      Code:
      w:*
    • You can specify multiple groups using commas for the /user -addgroup command.
      Code:
      /user -addgroup u:Username s:Group1,Group2,Group3
    • All Usernames and Groups can be shortened. You will be notified if more than one possible match is found.
      Code:
      digital = DigitalTyrant, adm = Administrator
    • With 2.x+ you must add the info variable 'rank' to your groups in order to enable promote, demote and some group functions. You can set this variable from within the game using the command:
      Code:
      /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:rank s:1-100+
                           or
                         /rankset GroupName 1-100+ world 
      The higher the number the higher the rank. Make sure you use i:rank and not i:Rank it is case-sensitive.
    • You can now set Promote and Demote limits. The Promote limit is the highest rank they can promote to. Demote limit is the highest limit that they can demote from. You can set these using the commands:
      Code:
      /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:dlimit s:50
                         /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:plimit s:75 
    If you use want to Permissions + PermissionsPlus while using Essentials plugins, make sure you do not have FakePermissions or EssentialsGroupBridge enabled.

Not sure how long this will be useful with Bukkit's upcoming Permissions system, but it allows the Moderators of my server to give new members access without having to modify the .yml file directly. I will continue development until the new Bukkit Permissions system has widely replaced Permissions plugin.
    Thanks to Nijikokun, original author of Permissions.

Thanks and Enjoy!

2. Offline

Niklas

I have noe idea. Here is my plugins list:
    Backup v1.4a
    BigBrother v1.8-SNAPSHOT
    BlockHead v0.3.4
    BukkitTcpServer v1.2
    Cleaner v1.7
    CommandBook v47-wiz
    CommandHelper v5-wiz
    CraftBookCommon vnightly
    CraftBookCircuits vnightly
    CraftBookMechanisms vnightly
    CraftBookVehicles vnightly
    CraftBukkitUpToDate v2.5.2
    Bedrock v0.3
    Help v0.2.4.1
    iChat v2.2.3
    InvTools v1.2.1
    Landmarks v0.1
    LWC v2.31
    MCDocs v9
    milkAdmin v2.6-03.30
    MinecartManiaCore v1.1.9
    MinecartManiaSignCommands v1.1.3
    MinecartManiaStation v1.1.0
    RemoteToolkitPlugin v0.31b
    MoveCraft v0.6.8 Final Beta
    MyWarp v1.10.5c
    Noon v1.403252011
    Permissions v2.7.2
    PlayerCount v1.3
    PluginsManager v11.04.04
    RaveBlox v1.2
    TelePlusPlus v1.3.3a
    WorldEdit v257-wiz
    WorldGuard vnightly-263-wiz
    MinecartManiaAdminControls v1.1.4
    MinecartManiaAutocart v1.1.3
    MinecartManiaChestControl v1.1.3

3. Offline

cullyn

now for removing the world requirement when using /promote i run one world.yml but 6 worlds, i would like to promote players without having to type /promote player world

4. I want the previous version back, that was simple and worked, but I don't get anything of this, all I get with it is errors.
    As it seems like the old version is gone as I didn't save a backup of it, I will just have to deal with this new one, but could someone atleast help me?
    When I tried to use this /group -setinfo Guest rank 1, I just get the "An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command". Just what do I have to type into the Rank spot? I got no damn idea.

Eventually, I get this.
    "/group -<Action> g:[Group] i:[InfoVariable] w:[World] s:[Setting]"

When I try typing
    /group -setinfo g:Guest i:1 w:rp s:something
    I get the same "An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command" error again. I don't also get it what am I supposed to type to the s:[Setting] spot?

EDIT: I actually found the old one and am going to use it for now. However, as it will get outdated anyway, I will have to learn to use this new system, so if anyone would mind explaining this to me, I'd appreciate it.
    Also, heres a dl link for the old version if you don't like the new one either.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22433338/PermissionsPlus.jar

5. Offline

Jandalf

one question, is there an option so mods could only promote to vip and admins only promote to mods? so noone could give himself or another person a higher rank.

6. Offline

StCloud

Still, could you have it so that when broadcast is on it only displays once for the admin? It would appear more polished and it really is kind of annoying for the person changing permissions.

Great plugin, by the way!

7. Offline

piousminion

What the heck is "multiplay" ?

8. Offline

Phaedrus

When doing /group -setinfo g:Guest i:rank s:1 i get
    Code:
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'group' in plugin Permiss
    ionsPlus v2.0
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:273)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.lang.String.replace(String.java:2556)
            at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.sendMessage(PermissionsPlus.java:1097)
            at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.onCommand(PermissionsPlus.java:457)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    It still added a rank variable to the permissions file though.

I manually added ranks to all the groups but i am still unable to promote either from ingame or from the console.

Yeah, this is just weird. I think people would appreciate it if the plugin didn't mess with the formatting so much.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  9. Offline

DeanDip

I think it goes like this:
    /group -setinfo g:Guest i:rank w:rp s:1

10. Offline

DigitalTyrant

i
    It appears the command worked, there was an issue with sending the message. can you post the colors you have set in the config.yml and also the setting for info:setuserinfo

I haven't yet had a chance to work on saving settings to all worlds at once. if that's what you're asking. It is something I plan to work on.

All of the older versions are available in the changelog.

When using the group and user commands you must include g:Guest i:rank s:1. I have posted examples of all the commands. You are more than welcome to use the previous version though.

As long as you have your ranks all set for the groups, and the player is not an op, they cannot promote anybody to the same rank as them. Nor can they demote anybody from their rank or any ranks higher than them.

The dupe message was an oversight. I set my broadcast to off. There will be a fix soon.

The formatting isn't controlled by me. This is the way that SnakeYML writes yml to files. Although it has no bearing on the functionality, you could suggest it to them, snakeyaml.org. From what I have read, and seen in the Yaml.org examples, the indent should be there. But it is something that I am not going to worry about unless it has a effect on functionality.

@jasonzack @hnrch02
    ...and anybody else that may be having this issue. You need to check and make sure your messages are setup properly. Also make sure you have your colors defined correctly in the config.yml. There are new messages with 2.0, you can move the old messages.yml and the plugin will create a new one with current list of messages. Then you can replace the new ones as necessary. In future releases, I will automatically add new keys to the messages.yml

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

oschaus

@DigitalTyrant
    You are a gentleman and a scholar. And a stud. Lovely work, thanks very much.

DigitalTyrant likes this.
  12. Offline

flames

DigitalTyrant, if i need to have some "special" groups, that are not reachable by promote/demote, shall i set the rank to 0 (zero)?
    actually, since i was not sure, i set the rank for those groups to same like moderator, so mods could not accidentally promote a user to those groups.
    thanks

13. Offline

DigitalTyrant

I have not tested this but duping numbers would be my suggestion. Promote and demote don't go down a list they actually compare ranks and make sure that the ranks are higher or lower before actually setting the group - this is a change from 1.6 because 1.6 and below used to just cycle through your group list. If this does give you any issues though, let me know.

14. Offline

flames

no, there are no issues with duping ranks, just bit confusing. so a nice to have for some future version let the 0 (zero) be a special rank number for groups that are just not available for demote/promote.​
    also your description in the OP suggest that...​
    1-100+ != 0-100+, that sounds like 0 would be a nice value for special groups :)

edit: also the errors/warning of permissionsplus should be shown only to the command issuer and admin. not for the public. i guess this is what somebody meant with "duplicated messages" few post before

the rest is working just fine. nice plugin, thanks for that

15. Offline

DigitalTyrant

0 is the default return when checking for an int. It's how I determine whether a rank has been set. I could always cap the limit of promote ranks to <100 and 100+ be unaccessible via promote and demote. hmm

16. Offline

flames

current behaviour is PPlus claims about groups have no rank. probably when group has no rank = group unaccessible for promote/demote would be an idea, so any normal value 0-inf for promotable groups. its not that i plan to create more than 100 groups, this would just make sense. i dunno, its a suggestion/feature request, youre the boss, you feagure it out :)

17. Offline

Phaedrus

Good enough for me.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

18. Offline

Ranzear

Okay, this plugin sounded awesome when /group Username Group would add that user to a group. I was tired of AssignPermissions not reloading permissions after a change. I see that things have changed since the first page.

Now the syntax is horrendous for the same simple action (likely the most used and useful action for an open server).

But that's not what's torquing my lugnuts right now. Here's what's happening:

/user -setgroup u:username s:Trusted

and then reads me the syntax again like I screwed up. It says something different -- and perhaps more irrelevant -- when I don't give the right syntax but that's beside the issue. I can only figure this is right because of the change in message.

This is a user that indeed has a group already set, so this message makes even less sense. It doesn't change the user's group at all, even that it would imply moving them to the first group in the file.

There are zero errors in the log, just the same line followed by the 'urdoinitwrong' syntax reminder.

Just strange to me.

Promote/demote now works since I fixed the errant capitalized Info line, so I suppose that's what I'll use for my noobfilter quest.

19. Offline

StCloud

Okay thanks! Again, I love this plugin. It's a huge part of my server now.

20. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Interesting, I would be willing to use your permissions file to do some testing. I understand the complaint about the increase in syntax, but the code as it was before was too scattered and modifying one command meant updating 4-5 others as well. Now with the consolidated commands I am able to identify and fix issues more rapidly as well as having a better set of variables to check rather than trying to determine what would be a good order or have people post their error messages when they transpose the arguments. As for the duplicated messages, you can turn off broadcast for now. I am currently looking into a fix for this issue. The intention wasn't to give you, the command sender, a duplicate message nor was it to spam all of you currently connected users with messages, it was to allow for the ability to broadcast the outcomes of certain actions to let people know when someone has been promoted and such.

But long-winded explanation aside, I'd be more than happy to see if I can identify any issues and offer a local or public fix for them.

You're welcome. For everybody else that said thanks as well, if I haven't already addressed you, you're welcome as well. :-D

21. Offline

18cwatford

not to sound like an idot or anyting, but i put this in my plugins folder, and when i ran my server, it said:
    [PermissionsPlus] has been disabled.
    i dont get why...

22. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Do you have Permissions installed?

Broadcast issue fixed in 2.0.1

23. Offline

flames

big thanks, this was technically a small issue, but was annoing as hell and showed "security" related stuff to whole public :)

24. Offline

DigitalTyrant

yea, my apologies. I tried not to rush the release of 2.0 - no major issues with 1.6 - but after a few days of completion and no issues on my server, I went ahead and launched it. Unfortunately, I was testing the whole time with broadcast=false... oh well... fixed now :-D

25. Offline

piousminion

What the heck is "multiplay" and what do "rank"s do exactly?
    Are they like subgroups without extra perms? :confused:

Also:
    I am admin with "*" permissions and the following:
    /user -setgroup u:testguy5 s:Build
    simply tells me the proper usage. Both the user and the group exist in the Permissions file.

Ideas?

26. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Multiplay is a game server hosting company in England I believe.

The ranks are a way of defining a hierarchy.

27. Offline

piousminion

I think the timing on my edit above caused you to miss it. :/
    I am admin with "*" permissions and the following:
    /user -setgroup u:testguy5 s:Build
    simply tells me the proper usage. Both the user and the group exist in the Permissions file.

Ideas?

28. Offline

DigitalTyrant

fixed in 2.0.2 - you can also use -setgroup u:User g:Group

29. Offline

piousminion

It does appear to work now, but the username gets saved in all lowercase which means it's impossible to change the permissions and groups for existing players who's names contain capitals.

Should all usernames in the config be lowercase or is this a bug?

30. Offline

Jandalf

cool thank u:)

31. Offline

DigitalTyrant

It will save it as you type it if the user doesn't already exist. If the user does exist, it will match it. The capitalization of the username does not have to be exact for permissions to work. Minecraft.net will not let two users have the same name with varying capitalization so I don't expect this to ever be an issue.

After verifying with the code, I have written it to check username first with what already exists in the permissions file, if it exists, then it will match the capitalization that is already defined in the permissions file. If no user currently exists in the permissions file, it references currently online players. If a match is found it will use the capitalization that it reads from the online players list provided by bukkit which does match registered capitalization and with save the user with matching capitalization. If no user is pre-existing in the permissions yml and no match is found currently online, it will save the username as typed. Again, capitalization has no bearing on the functionality of the Permissions plugin itself in regards to the usernames.

mmm coffee lol

@flames
    An alternative to duping group ranks is negative numbers. I have done minimal testing but if a group is given a rank of -1 etc you cannot demote to it, nor promote as odd as that would've worked out...