[SEC] Orebfuscator 2.1.7 - Anti X-RAY [CB 1.4.5-1.7.10]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lishid, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Offline

lishid

Orebfuscator - Anti X-RAY:

Bukkit-Dev link here:
    All important information available here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/

FAQ
    https://github.com/lishd/Orebfuscator/wiki/FAQ

Configuration guide and performance optimizations:
    https://github.com/lishd/Orebfuscator/wiki/How-to-properly-configure-Orebfuscator

Download:
    Orebfuscator 2.1.7 for MC 1.4.5-1.7.10

Legacy versions:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/

Video:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CPU testing (open)

[​IMG]
    Engine modes (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Support the developer: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      217.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      131.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Offline

Platynowyy

Average of 15 players :p

3. Offline

lishid

You got problems... Try removing your plugins one by one (btw, do you have NoLagg or Spout)

4. Offline

codec

One thing I just noticed is that my orefuscator_cache folder contains over 120,000 files. Is this nomal? Other than that it seems to work just fine with spout now.

5. Offline

lishid

Yeah, it contains all the chunks being cached.

6. I'm using RB 1.0.1 and Orebfuscator v1.2.4 and getting this :
    Code:
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:223)
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:170)
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.handle(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:62)
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.run(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:54)
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:223)
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:170)
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.handle(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:62)
    2011-12-27 18:50:11 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.run(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:54)
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:223)
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:170)
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.handle(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:62)
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.run(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:54)
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:223)
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:170)
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.handle(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:62)
    2011-12-27 18:50:12 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.run(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:54)
    2011-12-27 18:50:13 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    It happens sometimes idk why.

7. Offline

lishid

8. Offline

AgentME

I'm using Orebfuscator freshly compiled from the most recent git commit (commit 3bb2e522 - which says it's 1.2.1, is that right?) and I notice that the Orebfuscator/config.yml file is reset on plugin unload to how it was when the plugin was first loaded. This is kind of annoying as I like to be able to tweak the config files while the server is running, and then restart the server to apply the changes.

9. Offline

lishid

Umm I haven't uploaded the newest version to github yet...

10. Offline

Greylocke

should we still be keeping it down to 1 thread?

11. Offline

lishid

Yes.

12. Offline

shauwk

hey this plugin works great except i can still see caves , is there a way to hide caves

13. Offline

lishid

Not really. It's hard to calculate whether a player is in the cave (or should see it) or not, thus we don't know when to cover it and when not.

14. Offline

bootfighter

how much disk space is needed for this?
    i have 4 worlds with an average of ~150mb.

how do i test if its working? do i really have to download x-ray or is there an other way?

which engine mode uses less CPU?

15. Offline

lishid

About disk space, It's theoretically less (around half) of the world size. It will gradually reach a certain percentage of the actual world size as the cache gets generated (when players walk around and loads certain chunks).

Engine mode 1 uses less CPU, but the result is not optimal. Engine 2 makes x-ray impossible, uses slightly more CPU.
    A new Engine 3 is coming, same as engine 2 but uses a different random generation algorithm that should take less CPU than Engine 2. It will be default on first install.

And to test if it works, you'd have to use some sort of x-ray mod.

16. Offline

bootfighter

thanks @lishid, i already installed the plugin, and it works really good :)
    disk space atm for all 4 world at 180mb after 5h running
    CPU has just raised from ~5% to ~9%, on engine mode 2, which is not very much ^^

i asked some players for downloading x-ray and trying to use it. result: no one of them could see the real ores

thanks much for doing such a great work :many diamonds:

17. Offline

lishid

Good to see someone reporting that it works lol. Many people only come here because they have problems running it
    -_-

18. Offline

Haloflooder

Your plugin is awesome! But I found a way so clear the obfuscation. There is a plugin called BananaChunk. Whenever I do the command /chunkme. The plugin resends the chunk and that chunk is not obfuscated! There is also a mod for the client that does the same thing. Is there a way to fix that exploit?

19. Offline

AgentME

Can you? I like being able to see what's running on my server, and I do often submit bugfixes and improvements to mods I use and it's not so good if I have to work off of an old version.

20. Offline

lishid

Sorry, I got lazy these days since I do my coding on one computer and git is installed on another... I'll upload in the next few days...

Use the /chunk command instead :D It's provided in this plugin.
    Although I think the re-sent chunk should be obfuscated, since my plugin processes all the packets that goes out.

21. Offline

columb

Can't disable this plugin at creative world.
    Using /ofc disable world creative
    After /ofc status it shows "Disabled worlds: creative" but there still anti-xray protection. (Tested from another account without root access)

22. Offline

Haloflooder

Well, I need the BananaChunk plugin because it loads the chunk faster when I fly around in my server

A person in my server can still use xray on my server because he have a mod that tells/force the server to resend the chunk he's in. So the re-sent chunks AREN'T being obfuscated.

23. Offline

lishid

Chunks being sent are obfuscated, unless single block updates are required....

EDIT: is there a permission node for the /chunkme command? I'd sugggest restricting the use of it if possible...

24. Offline

Haloflooder

Nope. There isn't. But the person on my server doesn't use that command AT ALL. He have a mod that makes the server reload/resend the chunk. Whenever I'm around him when he use it, I can see the ores too.

25. Offline

Double0negative

it just freezes after about 15 minutes, we have tried using this from 1.7 on and it still does the same things for us :/ no errors or anything, just complete lockup

26. Offline

columb

My config file - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27770548/config.yml
    Plugins&Bukkit version:
    Show Spoiler
    >pl
    20:43:43 [INFO] Plugins: MineBackup, FalseBookIC, FalseBookCore, iConomy, FalseBookExtra, Christmas, Vanilla, Honeypot, MrFixit, NoCheat, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, MinecraftViewer, EndermanPickup, road, xAuth, Minequery, OKSpamSecurity, ChairCraft, FalseBookBlock, MobRepellent, TimTheEnchanter, OpenInv, AntiPortal, PermissionsEx, Multiverse-Core, CommandBook, Multiverse-Portals, Multiverse-SignPortals, Permissions, Modifyworld, ChestShop, CreativeGates, Creativity, Orebfuscator, WorldBorder, LWC, HawkEye, MobArena, dynmap
    >ver
    20:43:44 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-1.0.1-R1-b1597jnks (MC: 1.0.1) (Implementing API version 1.0.1-R1)

>

And my world list, if it could help:
    Show Spoiler

world_the_end
    creative
    world_nether
    world
    Christmas

Plugin version - 1.1.3
    Oops, I should update plugin...

27. Offline

lishid

:confused: found some mistake in the code, thanks for reporting!

Uploading version 1.2.6 which fixes the problem.

28. Offline

protey

i have this, while using Orebfuscator 1.2.6 with git-Bukkit-1.0.1-R1-23-g83d1251-b1645jnks (MC: 1.0.1) (Implementing API version 1.0.1-R2-SNAPSHOT):

and server not responding

29. i think it laggs ur server way 2 much so it lags out ppl :)

EDIT:

i wonder if this is 2 heavy plugin to have on my home hosted server?
    i have 6 Gib ram which 1 Gib goes to server. atm ive had 10 players without laggs and i got like 40 plugins ^_^

30. Offline

lishid

You should first try to see if it works on the latest RB.

In most cases, this plugin causes nearly no lag at all.
    But, in some rare occasions, for some reason, servers will lag the hell out even with minimal amount of players and very good CPU/memory. This guy has a i7 with 10GB dedicated memory, and has a hard time running 10 players, whereas most servers can run at least 50 players with that capacity.

I've only seen like 5 people reporting heavy lag though, not sure what's causing them.

31. Offline

protey

this is not lagging! server just not responding at all!
    a tried git-Bukkit-1.0.1-R1-b1597jnks and got the same (after 50 minutes)

my plugins:
    now Orebfuscator is Off