[SEC] Orebfuscator 2.1.7 - Anti X-RAY [CB 1.4.5-1.7.10]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lishid, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Offline

lishid

Orebfuscator - Anti X-RAY:

Bukkit-Dev link here:
    All important information available here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/

FAQ
    https://github.com/lishd/Orebfuscator/wiki/FAQ

Configuration guide and performance optimizations:
    https://github.com/lishd/Orebfuscator/wiki/How-to-properly-configure-Orebfuscator

Download:
    Orebfuscator 2.1.7 for MC 1.4.5-1.7.10

Legacy versions:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/

Video:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CPU testing (open)

[​IMG]
    Engine modes (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Support the developer: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      217.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      131.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Offline

lishid

Impossible, it must have been another plugin since this plugin does nothing with data from the world, but only the packets sent to clients. You're more than welcome to check the code.

I have 4GB server with 2.00 GHz dual core server and it can serve around 20 people max...

3. Offline

Zidkon

Well usually servers uses more than 1 GB ram (like for starting, map cache and stuff) but more than 2GB for players and plugins actions mostly, 2 GHz should be good I guess, and I was thinking "out of memory" errors are memory only not processing speed (my bad), maybe the Cache of the plugin is affecting you, try to dissable it on config file?

Try checking too if your PC is wasting too much resource about the RAM, usually the Windows Vista/7 spend alone 1 GB RAM.

I'm saying that getting your ores deleted is very weird just because you tried to plugin because the plugin doesn't modify the map so.

4. Offline

rodier

today I got this error ( I dont know if its because obfuscator... I have memory leaks on server and I dont know why.. maybe it just happen when obfuscator work?) No one want help me to find where is problem :-(
    We have this plugins on R1: http://gangsters.tode.cz/rodier/plugin.jpg
    which one can make leaks? I tried remove dynmap, minecraftviewer.. I dont know :-((((((

Code:

14:01:38 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    >
    14:01:38 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.getMultiChunkData(World.java:2592)
    >
    14:01:38 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet51MapChunk.<init>(Packet51MapChunk.java:28)
    >
    14:01:41 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:251)
    >
    14:01:46 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:307)
    >
    14:01:46 [SEVERE]       at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:60)
    >
    14:01:49 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    >
    14:01:57 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    >
    14:01:57 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
    >
    14:02:04 [SEVERE]       at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:44)
    >
    14:02:08 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    >
    14:02:08 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    >
    14:02:11 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    >
    14:02:11 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    >
    14:02:15 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
            at net.minecraft.server.World.getMultiChunkData(World.java:2592)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet51MapChunk.<init>(Packet51MapChunk.java:28)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:251)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:307)
            at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:60)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
            at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:44)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    >
    14:02:43 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Orebfuscator Calculation Thread"
    >
    14:02:43 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    >
    14:02:43 [SEVERE]       at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:184)
    >
    14:02:43 [SEVERE]       at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.handle(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:62)
    >
    14:02:43 [SEVERE]       at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.run(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:54)
    >
    14:05:43 [INFO] Read timed out
    >
    14:06:04 [INFO] GroupManager - INFO -  Data files refreshed.
    >
    14:07:06 [INFO] Connection reset

5. Offline

Zidkon

@lishid what does the CACHE option does? I know it makes a cache of files, but I see it creates a folder on the main minecraft server folder but it makes towsands of files, so I'm not sure if is faster to disable it or enable it.

6. Offline

lishid

It reduces CPU load. It's good for large sized servers, since it removes the need to obfuscate everychunks for each player, just the ones that have changed. It should reduce CPU load by at least a half if the chunks were cached before.
    Only downside is it consumes disk space and servers should reserve some extra space for the chunk cache.

7. Offline

jtl999

any progress on getting it working without client crashing etc?

8. Offline

lishid

Clients should not crash, unless you misconfigured it or clients are actually using x-ray

9. Offline

GmK

I am not 100% up-to-date - but am I correct that the world holes / chunk missing issue with Spout is not yet resolved?

10. Offline

jtl999

What about server lag?

I was on a few servers with your plugin and they were lagging

11. Hi. My server was running OFC correctly till a world restart. Now i'm using it with NoLagg plugin, but players can see anything and xray is working only in 1/1000 map place.

12. Offline

lishid

Add updateradius.

You mean one chunk out of 1000 is not obfuscated?

The issue with spout is still there, I'm trying some fixes now... hope it resolves the issues.

Most recent versions shouldn't be much laggy, some bogus code was removed and much optimization has been done recently.

New version 1.2.3, this should fix the holes for spout, if not...
    I added a command /chunk [radius] to re-send the chunks around you.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    GmK likes this.
  13. Offline

Maxxgold

The holes that your plugin leaves while using spout is a deal breaker. The real version of this plugin Ore to Client
    works perfectly and causes no problems. I saw you advertising in their forums, which is pretty rude by the way but I decided to check out your version. All i can say is wow. It was horrible. There were holes all over my world and it turned my server into a mess. If anyone is looking for the bug free version of this plugin go here and use this. It works perfectly unlike this plugin. Sorry but no one wants to run around typing /chunk [radius] while playing minecraft.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-ore-to-client-obfuscation-v1-7-1-1-anti-x-ray-xray-1597.26043/

14. Offline

lishid

Yes, many people have criticized me for doing what I did. I advertised his plugin in my main post if you did not see it.
    I would like to refer you to this discussion I had with another user: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...nti-x-ray-xray-1597.26043/page-33#post-858518
    It explains why this plugin exists and why I 'advertised' on the other thread.

For some reason, people tend to use the fact that I 'advertised' on the other thread to argue that this plugin has problems.

I based my plugin over OTC and worked hard to improve on features and programming, functionality and performance. Yes I have problems with Spout because my coding isn't perfect and I have to read through spout's coding to make it work better. I am working very hard to help people who wants to use my plugin. I release new versions frequently with innovation and bugfixes. I hope that you can stay as one of my testers and help me find and fix the problems my plugin is having with spout.

BTW, 1.2.3 comes with a new SpoutBridge (1.0.1), if you did not get it and you have spout, it would likely to not fix your issues.

Just confirmed that the multiple HOLES with SPOUT has been FIXED using the latest version of Orebfuscator and OrebfuscatorSpoutBridge

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  15. Offline

aerd2

i think the nolagg causes this, i changed nolagg settings (make nolagg dont change chunks) and both are working.

16. Offline

lishid

Not sure what NoLagg is doing there... I'll have a look at their most recent code.

We tested on a 20-player (DualCore-2.0GHz+2GB RAM) and 50-player server(Unknown CPU + 2.0GB RAM) no problem at all.
    With Spout and without spout, both working perfectly.

EDIT: Ok, tiny lag whenever a player joins (18TPS), lasts for ~5 seconds

17. Offline

LactisPulvis

Code:
    2011-12-23 23:41:34 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Orebfuscator Calculation Thread" 
    2011-12-23 23:41:34 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    2011-12-23 23:41:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NBTTagByteArray.load(SourceFile:24)
    2011-12-23 23:41:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NBTBase.b(SourceFile:95)
    2011-12-23 23:41:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NBTTagCompound.load(SourceFile:27)
    2011-12-23 23:41:50 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NBTBase.b(SourceFile:95)
    2011-12-23 23:41:50 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NBTTagCompound.load(SourceFile:27)
    2011-12-23 23:41:50 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NBTBase.b(SourceFile:95)
    2011-12-23 23:41:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NBTCompressedStreamTools.a(SourceFile:75)
    2011-12-23 23:41:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NBTCompressedStreamTools.a(SourceFile:11)
    2011-12-23 23:41:56 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrbfuscatedChunkCache.Read(OrbfuscatedChunkCache.java:30)
    2011-12-23 23:42:01 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:248)
    2011-12-23 23:42:01 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:185)
    2011-12-23 23:42:07 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.handle(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:62)
    2011-12-23 23:42:07 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.run(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:54)
    2011-12-23 23:42:56 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    2011-12-23 23:42:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.getMultiChunkData(World.java:2592)
    2011-12-23 23:42:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet51MapChunk.<init>(Packet51MapChunk.java:28)
    2011-12-23 23:42:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:251)
    2011-12-23 23:42:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:307)
    2011-12-23 23:42:56 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:60)
    2011-12-23 23:42:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    2011-12-23 23:42:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-12-23 23:42:58 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
    2011-12-23 23:42:58 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:44)
    2011-12-23 23:42:58 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    2011-12-23 23:43:17 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    2011-12-23 23:43:17 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    2011-12-23 23:43:17 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    2011-12-23 23:43:17 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at net.minecraft.server.World.getMultiChunkData(World.java:2592)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet51MapChunk.<init>(Packet51MapChunk.java:28)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:251)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:307)
        at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:60)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
        at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:44)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    2011-12-23 23:43:54 [INFO] Connection reset
    my server crashed...i found this in log....
    i`m using Orebfuscator v 1.2.2, i will update to 1.2.4 to see if it will work...

18. Offline

monir

I uppdated latest whitout spout and some ores is still there even diamonds why is that?

[​IMG]

19. Offline

lishid

Your server is low on memory.
    Read the FAQ in the Original post.

That's normal, we can't hide ore that's exposed in tunnels and lava lakes because someone might actually be there to see it.
    I'd use Engine mode 2 to put ore everywhere so the x-ray hackers don't know which one is real.

20. Offline

shauwk

hey i love your plugin!! its awesome. im on latest recommended bukkit +spout server

only problems:
    im using engine 2 and im getting a bit of lag.. not bad though

also sometimes people will dig and see the fake ore!! how do i set it up so the fake ore doesnt show up that fast? everything is on default config. whats a good number to change updateradius to?

21. Offline

Platynowyy

Hello!
    Orebfuscator 1.2.4 with spout for engine 2 = new player new lag (10min)
    Please fix this problem

22. Offline

lishid

That's normal. I'm making a new engine mode that's like mode2 but lags less.

This is not a problem. Your server just isn't capable of handling the extra calculations that random chunks have to deal with. I'm making a new engine mode that should take less CPU per chunk.

23. Offline

Grifhell

Hi
    i like this plugin!
    version 1.2.4 good? (инглиш хромает =)))

24. Offline

Platynowyy

I have i7 processor and 24gb ram but "ProcessingThreads: 1" in plugin.
    I should change for 4 or more?

25. Offline

Zidkon

You didn't say, SO and quantity of programs running :), I bet that PC is not a dedicated server so all the other process will slow it down to hell.

26. Offline

lishid

It doesnt change much. What's the max java heap size set to? Is there anything else running on the server? Did you change the config?

27. Offline

shauwk

awesome! cant wait till it gets update

28. Offline

monir

Engine mode 2 does it take much on memory or cpu or is it it the same as engine mode 1?

29. Offline

lishid

It just use the java random generator to generate a number when a block needs to be replaced. Shouldn't be much more, technically. The only downside is that it makes it hard for compression to reduce the size and bandwidth use should be slightly higher.

30. Offline

Platynowyy

My server is dedicated, heap size java - 6144M only one process java for all machine.

31. Offline

lishid

That's weird. How many players usually?
    I have a 40 people server with i7 and 1.5GB heap with no lag at all, except for the usual tiny lag during teleportation and login