Inactive [SEC] NoCheat v3.5.0 [CB 1.2.4 R1.0][ABANDONED]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Evenprime, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Evenprime

Xp10d3, Dereku, MyPictures and 35 others like this.
  2. Offline

CeramicTitan

I havent got an actions.txt

3. Offline

Evenprime

I was sick and didn't feel like sitting in front of a computer yesterday, so please forgive the lack of responses.

Yes. In the config.txt set "logging.chatlevel = off".

Not really. I'll try that now to see if I can find out why that would happen.

Just use NoCheat "as is" and give only your staff the "nocheat.checks.moving" permission. That should work. Newer versions of NoCheat will support the sprinting feature automatically for players.

Yes. Depends on your "jail" plugin however, and how its command line command works.

Read here for an example on how to do that: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...laws-bugs-in-mc-1185.4523/page-59#post-702626

Could be that the plugin causes this. You can read the "plugins/NoCheat/nocheat.log" files. If the plugin did it, you should be able to read about it there and why it thought the player shouldn't be able to place the block there. The game client doesn't allow the placing of blocks in or on water, unless there is a solid block next to them, e.g. the ground of a lake. However, the game server doesn't enforce this rule, and modified clients sometimes have a feature builtin now that allows them to place blocks on or in water wherever they want. Therefore I've added the "blockplacing.onliquid" check (if you want to try, deactivate that to see if it "fixes" your problem).

You can still have those, if you want. Try replacing the "moveLogLowShort", "moveLogMedShort" and "moveHighShort" in your config.txt with "moveLogLowLong", "moveLogMedLong" and "moveHighLong" respectively. That'll give you much more verbose messages. You can look into the "default_actions.txt" file to see how these are defined, and define your own messages based on that knowledge (instructions here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheat/pages/actions/ )

Maybe you use a chat plugin for your server? If a chat plugin grabs messages before NoCheat can cancel them or ignores the "cancelling" of chat messages, it would still process and distribute messages.

That message is from Minecraft itself, and so is the kicking. Therefore I can't help you with that.

That will not happen. There are already too many alternatives that got updated and work for old and new permission systems at the same time. If you come from Permissions 2.xx, your best bet would be PermissionsEX, as they are very similar, imho. Alternatively, If you use Essentials, their GroupManager recently also started to support "SuperPerms" and therefore NoCheat.

Which version of NoCheat do you use then? Any version > 2.00 will generate such a file in your "plugins/NoCheat" folder.

4. Offline

andrewkm

@Evenprime
    Yes sir, we use herochat :(
    Its getting quite irritacrazy actually with the amount of new users.

5. Offline

Evenprime

hm, Herochat should actually be supported by NoCheats spam protection, at least the version of hero-chat that I've tried. Which version do you use?

Also, the spam protection won't help against e.g. the "disconnected" spam, as that is not really a chat message.

New version 2.08a online:

- You can now decide yourself if NoCheat should identify creative mode for the "moving" checks
    - You can now also check "insta-breaking" blocks in the blockbreak.direction check

The last one is disabled by default, because it will cause false positives when players move their mouse over blocks really fast, e.g. to cut down lots of tall grass (in those cases the line of sight and destroyed blocks can legitimately go out of sync). But if you have creative mode, it is probably a good idea to enable that, as it will stop most of the less sophisticated "nukers".

If you don't need any of those two features, you don't have to do anything. Everything in 2.08a is set up to work by default exactly the same as in 2.08.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  6. Offline

CeramicTitan

http://pastie.org/2626222

7. Offline

andrewkm

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/chat-herochat-v4-10-3-comprehensive-chat-channel-plugin-1060.2497/
    - Let me know if you need more information :p
    - and yes it is normal global channel chat spam dont by random users, tons of messages a second.

8. Offline

Evenprime

You have to leave spaces in your command. E.g.

Code:
    consolecommand jailthatcheater 1 1 jail [player] myprison 10

NoCheat will just copy 1:1 everything starting with the command (in this case "jail") into the server console, so you really have to stick to how commands work in the console.

Does that mean you found your "actions.txt" file now?

Thanks, will try this now.

@andrewkm :

I tested it now and it worked as expected for me, stopping me from (in the default configuration) sending more than 5 messages within 5 seconds. Maybe if there are a lot of players spamming, it is just that you see the 5 messages per 5 seconds from those different players and it just looks like a lot (e.g. if 10 players spam, that would still be 50 messages in 5 seconds). In that case it may be a good idea to also kick players that spam, by setting:

Code:
    chat.check = "true"
    chat.spam.check = "true"
    chat.spam.timeframe = "5"
    chat.spam.limit = "5"
    chat.spam.actions.0 = "spamlog spamcancel kick"

in the config.txt.

I really don't see why it wouldn't work. NoCheat will cancel chat events before HeroChat gets them, and HeroChat respects that and does nothing with cancelled chat events.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

andrewkm

@Evenprime
    Those are exactly my settings. I see the NC cancelation in console on normal chat spam done by hand, but users with those crazy macros or whatever they are, can succesfully send messages and mega spam hundreds a second.... it does not block them.

10. Offline

Evenprime

Can you give an example of such a message? I wonder if there may be anything wrong with the content of the spam messages that NoCheat can't handle for some reason. I already had to fix such a bug in 2.07, where certain messages would cause NoCheat to crash and let them pass.

Also, do you get any error messages on the server console when the spamming happens?

Well, anyway, I can extend it to also prevent command spam. Maybe that's the angle people are using for spamming in HeroChat? Using the /qm command in macros?

11. Offline

RugRats

Command spam prevention would be awesome! So people can't like spam /me LOL 500000000 times

12. Offline

andrewkm

@Evenprime
    Heres the exact console log. After 5 it succesfully blocked him, afterwards, failed. Find/Replaced all the words as its not pretty :p Silly kids -_-
    Code:
    removed: fixed. :)

13. Offline

Evenprime

Found the problem. It was a corner case of me using "<" instead of "<=" in one place, when comparing two times. Should be working now as expected.

NoCheat 2.08b:

- fixed chat.spam check to not fail in certain cases
    - chat.spam will now prevent command-spam too

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheat/pages/changelog-and-downloads/

It has now command spam prevention too. It's automatically part of the normal chat spam protection (commands now count as chat messages).

andrewkm likes this.
  14. Offline

CeramicTitan

ye
    yeah thanks, buddy

the way my jail plugin works is /jail [player] myprison 10 [reason]
    so do i add the reason in the actions.txt and do i replace 'myprison' with what the prison is actually called?

15. Offline

Evenprime

Yes. myprison should be the name of your prison, and you have to choose the reason yourself.

Version 2.08c:

* Refined "nofall" check, to only "punish" for the perceived difference in fall distances, not the full distance
    * slightly modified falldamage calculation in general, to always count the "last step" as part of the fall (fixes a loophole that could be used for bypassing the nofall check)
    * replaced default nofall damage multiplier with 120 (was 200). You may want to change that in your config.txt
    * might have some side effects on something else in the game, if a player manages to "go down" with a speed of more than 2 blocks per tick (a tick is 1/20 second) WITHOUT actually falling, without riding a vehicle and without getting teleported by the server. I personally believe such a situation doesn't exist. If you can think of one, feel free to tell me.

16. Offline

piousminion

Any luck? In the mean time I'll go ahead and update to 2.08c. Didn't see anything relevant in the changelog, but maybe you snuck something in. :p

Also, I commend you for trying to respond to all support requests, even the dumb ones. :p
    Many devs do not.

17. Offline

Evenprime

Sorry, I forgot about that. Just tried with only "PermissionsBukkit-1.2.jar" and "NoCheat.jar" in my plugin folder, to be sure nothing else interferes. I used this minimalistic config.yml for PermissionsBukkit for testin:

Code:
    users:
        Evenprime:
            permissions:
                nocheat.checks.moving: true
                nocheat.admin: true
            groups:
            - user
    groups:
        default:
            permissions:
                permissions.build: false
        admin:
            permissions:
                permissions.*: true
            inheritance:
            - user
        user:
            permissions:
                permissions.build: true
            inheritance:
        build: '&cYou do not have permission to build here.'

When I then typed (after a reload)into the console "nocheat permlist evenprime" I got the following, expected output:

Code:
    21:47:19 [INFO] Player Evenprime has the permission(s):
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.chat: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.chat.spam: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.interact: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.interact.durability: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.blockplace: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.blockplace.onliquid: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.blockplace.reach: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.blockbreak: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.blockbreak.direction: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.blockbreak.reach: false
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.moving: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.moving.morepackets: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.moving.nofall: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.moving.noclip: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.moving.sneaking: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.moving.swimming: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.moving.flying: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.checks.moving.runfly: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.admin: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.admin.permlist: true
    21:47:19 [INFO] nocheat.admin.chatlog: true

I also tried other nodes, like "nocheat", or "nocheat.checks.blockbreak.direction", everything got accepted. "Star" permissions did really no longer work however, so using e.g. "nocheat.admin.*" instead of "nocheat.admin" did nothing when using PermissionsBukkit. So I really have no idea why it won't work for you.

PS: My "permissions.yml" in the bukkit folder is empty. Maybe you have something written in there?

18. Offline

piousminion

After some further testing it seems if I use "nocheat.*" anywhere in my permissions config it confuses every other nocheat related permission. After clearing all references to nocheat and only adding "nocheat" it works flawlessly. PermissionsBukkit says it's supposed to support using an asterisk, but whatever. It works now. :p Thanks for taking the time to help me get this resolved. :)

19. Offline

odielag

20. Offline

Evenprime

I only found one problem so far with CB 1192, and that I have fixed with v2.07a of NoCheat. If you still get errors with that or newer versions of NoCheat, please give me the stack trace that you get on the console when it happens.

21. Offline

CeramicTitan

yes so should i just add 'hacking' at the end of my command?

22. Offline

Evenprime

Yes, you could do that. You could also use e.g. "Failed [check]" (without the "s). In that case NoCheat will automatically replace the word "[check]" with the name of the check that the user failed, e.g. "chat.spam", "blockbreak.distance", aso. That's useful if you want to use the same "jail" action for different checks.

23. Offline

Exidous

Breaks with craftbukkit 1240

24. Offline

Evenprime

Can you give an error message you get?

Latest NoCheat version works well for me with CB 1240.

25. Offline

Exidous

Code:
    2011-10-04 10:40:14 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to NoCheat
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.at()Z
        at cc.co.evenprime.bukkit.nocheat.checks.moving.RunningCheck.checkHorizontal(RunningCheck.java:137)
        at cc.co.evenprime.bukkit.nocheat.checks.moving.RunningCheck.check(RunningCheck.java:66)
        at cc.co.evenprime.bukkit.nocheat.checks.moving.RunFlyCheck.check(RunFlyCheck.java:86)
        at cc.co.evenprime.bukkit.nocheat.events.PlayerMoveEventManager.onPlayerMove(PlayerMoveEventManager.java:81)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:286)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:180)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

-UPDATE- NVM I downloaded the latest build and works fine. Sorry!

26. Offline

ApplePieRocks

Ok how do i make it so if you are an op you can bypass nocheat i don't see a check thing like last time :(

27. Offline

Evenprime

OPs now automatically bypass NoCheat.

btw. NoCheat still works with the new RB, if you are unsure.

28. Offline

Blackveil

NoCheat worked in 1240 for me, but it caused MASS LAG.

LmfaoBen likes this.
  29. Offline

ApplePieRocks

O cool thanks

30. Offline

Darknessblea

15:25:26 [SEVERE] Permission node 'nocheat' in plugin description file for NoChe
    at v2.08c is invalid
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Child 'nocheat.admin' contains invalid value

at org.bukkit.permissions.Permission.extractChildren(Permission.java:216
    )
    at org.bukkit.permissions.Permission.loadPermission(Permission.java:193)

at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadPermissions(PluginDescrip
    tionFile.java:310)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile
    .java:264)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.
    java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:69)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:213)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:136)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:138)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:103)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:52)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:136)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    i keep getting this and idk y

31. Offline

LmfaoBen

This, it's fucking horrible.