Inactive [SEC] NoCheat v3.5.0 [CB 1.2.4 R1.0][ABANDONED]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Evenprime, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Evenprime

Xp10d3, Dereku, MyPictures and 35 others like this.
  2. Offline

james1

Just to add I have been having problems with essentials jail and no cheat too

They go there ok when jailed but when they are unjailed it does not warp them back to their original location and I get a warning from Nocheat :)

3. Offline

Evenprime

I've been able to somewhat fix that one, by doing something that shouldn't be done (uncancelling certain events at the "Monitor" level).

But I'm still stumped by the respawn problem. Can it be that Essentials has problem with that even without my plugin? I've tried it with NoCheat deactivated and instead of getting teleported to the jail location I get moved to random locations, sometimes even inside a wall.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that there is a bug in Essentials itself that cause jailed players to be moved to a random location after respawning, caused by the plugin actually cancelling the teleport event of the respawn (respawn is technically solved as a teleport in Minecraft).

4. Offline

tremor

I've also got this problem... being that I help out alot with Essentials we've talked about it, and they aren't sure what they can do to resolve the conflict. They have however, have had a long running issue with their jail system anyway, so its just one more thing.

5. Offline

Evenprime

I finally found out how the jail of essentials works in case of a respawn (i was searching for the code that would move players back to jail, but couldn't find it). It is actually really weird. I had expected one of the following:

- Jailed players get teleported to their jail when respawning
    - When jailed the respawn point of players is set to their jail

but what actually happens:

- All teleports for jailed players are cancelled, even those that would move them to their spawn location after respawn. This seems a bit of an unintentional feature and has tons of ways to not work as expected in many situations, causing players to get moved to wrong locations, get stuck, fall into "the void" aso.

I'll now instead of trying to fix my plugin see if I can modify Essentials to have a more reliable way of moving players back to jail in case of their respawn. Let's see where that goes.

Version 0.8.5:

- fixed most problems with Essentials "jail" (why didn't anybody tell me before about that?)
    Now people can't fly/walkthrough walls and the usual stuff while jailed as usual. However, players respawning while in jail will still cause a violation. There isn't much I can do about that at the moment, so you may want to try another jail plugin or wait till Essentials fixes the problem. Respawning while jailed will also cause missing chunks with or without my plugin, so if you experience that: it's not my fault.
    - Performance measurement for PLAYER_MOVE events
    Now you can see how much cpu time my plugin wasted in total and per event for all PLAYER_MOVE events from the time it is started, if you use the command "/nocheat".
    - Performance improvements
    As mentioned before, Permissions are now cached (for 10 seconds) which resulted in a reduction of execution time of roughly 50% for the "expensive" PLAYER_MOVE events

PS: In case you are wondering, I postponed the "fakesneak" check a bit to fix the Essentials "jail" first

So I wondered which plugin would be faster, my 0.5.8 or the AntiHack 1.5, with handling PLAYER_MOVE events. Guess what? Mine is faster, despite doing more. :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  6. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

The developer of AntiHack makes a lot of little, simple plugins. I don't think I use any of his, but they're sort of simplified, less developed ones... By the way, I found an anti-xray/anti-transparent-texture-pack plugin, called antixray. (Who'd thought of that?) Works via lighting system, not by moves or seconds, which I find to be a pretty efficient way to check, for the most part. Also, the xray mod now has a plugin to disable the xray mod -- not that there's a way around it, but it would stop those who use this.

7. Offline

LardLad

Wow, thanks so much for looking into these issues!

Before updating I decided to take your advice and try another jail plugin:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admn-jail-v0-5-6-jail-bad-players-617.1912/

That one is getting along pretty well with NoCheat. NoCheat throws one message when the player respawns after dying and is sent back to jail, but the player does wind up back in jail and all is well.

Now, when players are sent to jail on my server, they are forced to fight mobs spawned in an arena where spectators can point and laugh and throw eggs. FUN!

8. Offline

Wunsz

Hi there Evenprime.
    Thanks for that awesome plugin, it helped mi a lot with my friend who cheated all the time. But there is one cheat from a flyhack that is not stopped - levitation.

What I mean is that he can actually go on a mountain (or a dirt tower) and go straight foward and instead of falling down he stays at the same altitude. And if he don't cheat and fall down he does not recieve a dammage.

So fixing it would be awesome.
    Thanks again for the plugin!

9. Offline

Lakart

Is there any way to disable the notifications? Some idiots just don't get that they cant fly and keep trying till my screen is always filled with notifications.

10. Offline

Evenprime

Yes, read the first post of this thread, press the button "show all configuration options". There you'll find the answer.

You have many options. You can either just stop logging information to chat (set the option "logtochat" to "off") and e.g. keep logging to the console/logfile, or completely deactivate logging by removing the words "loglow", "logmed" and "loghigh" from the config file wherever you find them. But that'll let you clueless if there is a problem/bug with my plugin that e.g. gets a player stuck somewhere.

11. Offline

Host Ladder

Download is down.

12. Offline

andrewkm

Will this mean this plugin will no longer be need ? :( I hope you keep supporting it, incase any hackers get passed this new minecraft security.

http://gamerant.com/minecraft-1-5-update-details-robk-79158/

13. Offline

rbos

I've just had someone come into my server and start destroying massive areas of blocks - maybe 20x20 areas at a single blow. LogBlock was able to roll it back, but in under a minute he was able to destroy ~2800 blocks.

I suspect the server allows you to send block-break events to dozens or hundreds of blocks simultaneously.

Any chance NoCheat can detect block-changes-per-second or something?

edit: bukkit 617, nocheat 0.7.8. Yes I have to update. Would it help or is this a new issue?

14. Offline

Evenprime

Bukkit fixed the blockbreak thing itself somewhere along the waay to 670, so if you update that the instant breaking won't be possible anymore.

Jeb said in a twitter message that this nofly feature will not be perfect, but at least a small hurdle for fly hackers. I'll have to see if and what holes are still left open by it. Maybe it gives the server some new functionality that I can exploit for my plugin to make it better. :)

15. Offline

andrewkm

I hope so!
    I really love your plugin and it catches so many bad guys for me :D !!!

16. Offline

Evenprime

Version 0.8.6
    • Fixed walking through Nether portals from Essentials
      The nether portals of Essentials (and probably other plugins) have caused problems, should no longer be the case
    • Ignore move events if the server or other plugins have directly set the players position before
      Somehow connected to the previous point. I now keep track of what I expect to be the players last known location, and whenever that differs from what the move event gives me as the "from" location, I ignore the move event, because something unexpected must have happened (and I can't reliably handle "unexpected". If I could, it would have been expected)
    • Keep a players orientation when teleporting him
      That idea is stolen from AntiCheat :p . It's a very simple change but makes the resetting of a player feel much smoother
    PS: I've now started using tags in my github repository to indicate which commit represents which version of the plugin. This should help people who follow my repository to more easily identify changes between versions and prevent them from using a version between those real versions (those inter-versions are sometimes buggy, full of debug code and generally not useful for people beside me).

PPS: As usual, if you find something no longer working that worked before or something that never worked before but you think that it should work, don't be afraid to tell me. I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken.

17. Offline

ZachBora

I don't know if it's already fixed or not. This just happened on the server and crashed it, I cut it it was infinite.
    bukit 670, nocheat 0.8

Code:
    2011-04-17 14:54:56 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to NoCheat
    java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at java.lang.Throwable.toString(Throwable.java:359)
        at cc.co.evenprime.bukkit.nocheat.NoCheat.hasPermission(NoCheat.java:288)
        at cc.co.evenprime.bukkit.nocheat.NoCheat.logToChat(NoCheat.java:253)
        at cc.co.evenprime.bukkit.nocheat.NoCheat.log(NoCheat.java:243)

18. Offline

Evenprime

Yes, I have fixed that error in newer versions of the plugin. This happens when your permissions config has an error somewhere in it.

19. Offline

andrewkm

Does this plugin work to protect against people using toomanyitems mod... how do i stop that?

20. Offline

ZachBora

That's plausible, but I'm more likely a memory issue as it only happens after the server has been running for awhile. Our permission file is 120kb. I'll test out with your latest version.

21. Offline

kmccmk9

hey, love the plugin. Just a quick note, I am getting all these errors on runtime

22. Offline

Evenprime

You'll have to use Bukkit 670 or newer.

23. Offline

kmccmk9

I am running craftbukkit #670

24. Offline

Evenprime

I'm very sure you don't. Can you post the line you get displayed on the console when the server starts which shows the version of CraftBukkit?

The error
    Code:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/Bukkit
    is clearly indicating that you miss the Class "Bukkit", which was included in CraftBukkit only after RB #617 (and the first RB after that is #670)

25. Offline

kmccmk9

Alright this is what it says. I believe your right due to the 617, although I'm not sure how. I downloaded the #670 and installed it. Not sure why it isn't showing

Code:
    01:32:17 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.4
    01:32:17 [INFO] Loading properties
    01:32:17 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    01:32:17 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-612-g4c7a9e7-b617jnks (MC: 1.4)

26. Offline

Nate204

Remove it from your server, and upload the new Cbukkit. Should fix your problem.

27. Offline

Evenprime

Updated first post with vital information for the coming days.

28. Offline

Nate204

Is there anyway to prevent the TooManyItems mod on SMP? I just started looking into this, and I need to prevent it.
    I hear there is also something like this called Inventory Edit? *maybe*

Here is a link to something I found on the Minecraft Forums:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=152174&start=90

The reason I ask is because I have a member who has told me that when my server auto restarts, this mod starts working. I don't know how~ or why. He simply says that it only works after a restart.

Could NoCheat some how detect this?

Thanks for the help guys, It's always appreciated!
    P.S. I already have the NoCheat plugin.

29. Offline

Evenprime

TooManyItems does nothing else but use the server command(s) "/item" or "/give" (or whatever the player using it defined). Those commands usually only work for people who are OP or are allowed to use them by e.g. Permissions or GroupManager plugins. If players can use TooManyItems to create items on your server, then you likely have given them the permission to do so by placing them in your ops.txt file and/or given them the permission to do so with another plugin. Maybe you've got a bad version of one of those plugins or they don't survive the restart (in which case you should get some error message logged to your console while restarting).

There isn't really anything I can do about that, as it is neither a bug nor an exploit but instead intended functionality of Minecraft and/or other plugins.

unrelated:

Latest bukkit version has an additional check for player movement builtin, preventing players from moving distances of more than 6.25 blocks per move event. This should prevent the exploit of clientside teleports (for distances bigger than 6.25 blocks). Plus that change seems to have influenced player movement in general, but I'll have to research a bit more to find out what that means for me and my plugin. Oh, and there will be no more "Player moved wrongly" messages from Minecraft, as far as I've seen (nobody liked those anyway, they just made the server lag and didn't really carry any useful information).

Also 1.5 was released, but Bukkit hasn't yet updated. I've just read the changelog and read this in the Minecraft wiki: "v1.5: Bug: Jumping off a fence in SMP triggers an anti-flight kick." - sounds very familiar. Seems developers at Mojang got the same problems as I did with their fly-prevention efforts. ;)

30. Offline

Senzuri

Hi, was just wondering if you'll be adding a configurable automatic kick response when a user tries to speedhack?

31. Offline

Nathan C

Don't worry bro. Your plugin is beast and is working great on the latest CraftBukkit. You make good stuff. This plugin is sooooo much better than Notchs anti-fly garbage.