Inactive [SEC/MISC] Cenotaph 2.1.2 - A Dead Man's Chest plugin [1.2.5-R1.0/2149]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Southpaw018, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Southpaw018

Cenotaph - A Dead Man's Chest plugin
    Version: 2.1.2

Plugin Dependencies
    Lockette (Optional) OR LWC (Optional)

Cenotaph is a fork of the most excellent Tombstone by Drakia. As he has stopped development, I decided to take it up and add some features I wanted (and that some users on the forums have requested).

Download, Source, and Bug Reports/Feature Suggestions
    Download: http://www.moofit.com/minecraft/Cenotaph.jar
    Github: http://github.com/Southpaw018/Cenotaph

What's a Cenotaph?
    A Cenotaph is a monument to a dead person who is either buried elsewhere or whose body is not available for burial. If you think about it, it exactly fits the situation - there's no body, since you've respawned ;)

Features:
    When your players die, depending on how you have things set up, their items will be placed in a Dead Man's Chest for safekeeping. You can require that your players carry around chests and signs of their own at all times, or simply have the chests appear on death. You can also secure the chests with LWC3 or Lockette.

More specifically:
    Show Spoiler

• If the player is carrying a chest when they die, place that chest and fill it with as much of their inventory as possible
    • If the player is allowed, and is carrying two chests, a large chest will spawn to catch all of their inventory
    • Possible for specific groups/players to be given free chests with no need to carry one with them
    • Any items that won't fit in the chest will still drop to the ground!
    • Supports the Permissions plugin, will default to allowing everyone to use basic cenotaph if not available
    • Supports LWC for chest AND sign protection if it is installed
    • Supports Lockette for chest protection if it is installed
    • Configurable timeout for LWC unprotection
    • Configurable timeout for destruction of cenotaphs, works in unloaded chunks as well
    • Quickloot support, right click the sign on a cenotaph to loot all items in it (your chest only!)
    • Place a sign on top of the chest stating the players name and time of death
    • The ability to point your compass at your cenotaph
    • Customizable sign messages on the cenotaph
    • Admin commands for management

Coming Soon

See what's coming soon, report bugs, and add your own requests on the Github project!
    1.3: Initial public release, Lockette support
    1.4: General features and bug fixes, round 1
    1.5: Plugin organization
    1.6: Additional features
    2.0: Brought back from the dead after 5 months of inactivity, updated for Release
    2.1: Highly requested features
    2.2: Major cleanup, Towny integration
    2.3: Economy integration
    2.4: More feature requests

Configuration
    See the default config file on Github for annotations and explanations.

Config notes
    • If you are going to be giving your players a free chest/sign, but don't want them to be able to retrieve those as extra items, set the noDestroy option in the Cenotaph config file.
    • If you do set the noDestroy option, it is highly recommended that you set a timeout for Cenotaph removal, because even once LWC is disabled the chest is still not destroyable by any means other than quicklooting it or an admin with permissions breaking it.
    • With noDestroy enabled, if a player dies without a sign, then their chest will be indestructible until it is removed by Cenotaph itself.
    • It is not recommended to use the noDestroy option without the destroyQuickLoot option
    Permissions

Show Spoiler
    cenotaph.use - Allow the player/group to use the cenotaph plugin
    cenotaph.freechest - Allow the player to get a chest whether they are carrying a chest or not
    cenotaph.large - Allow the player to spawn a large chest if carrying two chests and if one will fit
    cenotaph.lwc - Protect the placed chest if LWC is enabled
    cenotaph.lockette - Protect the placed chest if Lockette is enabled
    cenotaph.sign - Whether the player gets a sign on their cenotaph chest
    cenotaph.freesign - Allow the player to get a free sign whether they are carrying one or not.
    cenotaph.freelockettesign - Give the player an additional free sign for Lockette
    cenotaph.quickloot - Whether to allow a player/group to quickloot by right clicking the cenotaph sign.
    cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphlist - Allow this user to use /cenlist
    cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphfind - Allow this user to use /cenfind
    cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphtime - Allow this user to use /centime
    cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphreset - Allow this user to use /cenreset

cenotaph.admin - Allow this user to physically destroy others' cenotaphs. Also a prerequisite for use of the other admin commands
    cenotaph.admin.list - Allow this user to see all cenotaphs
    cenotaph.admin.find - Allow this user to find any cenotaph
    cenotaph.admin.time - Allow this user to check the time left on any cenotaph
    cenotaph.admin.remove - Allow this user to destroy any cenotaph

Credits
    @Drakia: Cenotaph was originally Tombstone, by Drakia (TheDgtl). Many thanks to him for his hard work on the original plugin.
    @Acru: Thanks to Acru, the developer of Lockette, as well. His help getting the Lockette integration working as I stumbled by way though picking up Java was invaluable. :)

Commands
    Show Spoiler

/cenlist - List all your cenotaphs
    /cenfind <index> - Gives you a direction from your current location to your cenotaph and sets your compass to point at it
    /centime <index> - Tells you how much time is left before the specified cenotaph has its protection remove or it breaks
    /cenreset - Reset compass to point to spawn

/cenadmin list - List all players who have cenotaphs spawned
    /cenadmin list <playerCaseSensitive> - List all cenotaphs belonging to <player>
    /cenadmin find <playerCaseSensitive> <index> - Show details on <player>'s cenotaph <index>
    /cenadmin remove <playerCaseSensitive> <index> - Destroys <player>'s cenotaph <index> and drops its contents on the ground
    /cenadmin time <playerCaseSensitive> <index>
    /cenadmin version - Show current version of Cenotaph and check for a new version

Changelog:
    Version 2.1.2
    *Optimized break override options (keepUntilEmpty and breakWhenEmpty)
    *Add death messages for beta 1.8 monsters (Finally...yikes. Sorry, everyone.)
    *Work around an error caused by missing or invalid deathMessage entries (Thanks, ffkhrocks)
    Version 2.1.1
    *Fix issue loading .db save files from pre-2.1 versions (Thanks, Inscrutable)
    Version 2.1
    *Added option for level-based time removal
    *Added requirement for Lockette sign to be carried in inventory (free sign permission available)
    *Added option to disable in specific worlds by name
    Show Spoiler

Version 2.0
    *Updated listeners to new Bukkit API
    *Updated config to new Bukkit API
    *Removed support for Nijikokun's old Permissions plugin
    *Updated to latest LWC API
    *Added cenadmin reload command
    Version 1.6.6
    *Fixed NullPointerException when using defaults for deathMessages instead of the values in the config file
    *Added config check to /cenadmin version
    *Fixed bug with break messages always displaying at original timeout when quicklooted
    Version 1.6.5
    *Fixed a few additional bugs
    *Fixed conflict with Spout under CB1060
    Version 1.6.4
    *Add Bukkit Superperms
    *Remove deprecated Bukkit method getFace()
    *Merging some of Drakia's recent Tombstone fixes
    -Fix clearing of player's cenotaph list on quickloot
    -Fix LWC API error
    Version 1.6.3
    *Customizable death messages for signs
    *Customizable time and date formats for signs
    Version 1.6.2
    *Option to remove cenotaphs once they are empty, regardless of other settings
    *Option to keep cenotaphs UNTIL they are empty, regardless of other settings
    *Fixed bug allowing players to break into Lockette-protected cenotaphs
    Version 1.6.1
    *Security options now apply to both Lockette and LWC (requires config.yml update)
    *New command: /centime, /cenadmin time
    Version 1.6.0
    *Updated for Craftbukkit RB1000
    *Fixed customizable signs
    *Added admin commands
    Version 1.5.4
    *Customizable signs (Thanks to @Drakia for his death cause code)
    Version 1.5.3
    *Re-enable compass integration (Thanks, @Zarius!)
    *Build against Craftbukkit RB953
    *Build against LWC 3.3
    *Build against Permissions 3
    Version 1.5.2
    *Fix bug causing Cenotaph to throw an error on enable if the folder containing config.yml did not exist
    *Fix bug where the Void check was only working if the player died in the Void above the world and not below
    Version 1.5.1
    *Fix bug allowing a free sign if Lockette sign was broken off a chest
    Version 1.5.0
    *Fix config file handling - no more needless file overwrites
    *Gracefully handle missing or invalid config files by downloading a fresh commented copy
    *Create config file versioning system to avoid errors with updates
    Version 1.4.4
    *Added config version check
    *Final 1.4 release
    Version 1.4.3
    *Basic protection against creeper explosions, disabled by default
    Version 1.4.2
    *Option to disable the void check for servers that have other plugins to handle it
    *Minor code changes
    Version 1.4.1
    *Now checks for updates on server startup
    Version 1.4.0
    *Do not attempt to create chests in the Void
    Version 1.3.2
    *Configuration cleanup and changes, bug fixes for initial public release
    Version 1.3.1
    *Add Lockette support
    Version 1.3
    *Convert from Tombstone to Cenotaph

2. Offline

Shooty

@Southpaw018 voidCheck: True don't work for me :( The chest was created :(

3. Offline

Southpaw018

Sorry, but I just checked sk89q's documentation, and it doesn't look like he provides any way for other plugins to hook into WorldGuard. It looks like some other plugins unofficially import it, but I don't want to hook into something that may be unstable or break. Given that, there's nothing I can do.

Yes, I'll add this feature later on.

Hmm. Forgive me, I want to be sure we're not being confused by the language barrier. Do you mean that the plugin attempted to create the chest, but failed (in other words, it still stores the chest information in its database bout didn't create a chest because it couldn't in the Void)? If a chest item was actually created, you're not in the Void. The Void is the area of a map below 1y or above 127y. Are you using a custom map? :)

4. Offline

Ratchet

I spoke to sk8 and he said he'll add a way for it to hook into it :)

5. Offline

Shooty

@Southpaw018 Yes i use 'MultiVerse' for my Skyland map, and i just want an option for NOTHING chest was created when a player fall in void (die), so the plugin just need to check if the player was died by a void and not create the chest, can you understand me :p ?

6. Offline

Southpaw018

I can confirm this as a bug in Bukkit. I'm reporting to to their team.

7. Offline

Shooty

Why ? Can't you just add an option for desactivate creation of chest when he die by fall in void ?

8. Offline

Southpaw018

I detect when someone is in the Void if they die at a location above 126y (with sign) or 127y (without sign) or below 1y. Let's say you die at -100y. Bukkit will tell Cenotaph that you died at +100y instead. So, there's not much I can do.

Try this: build a tower as high as you possibly can, to 127y. Die on that spot. Cenotaph will tell you that it cannot create the chest. Fall off the map, though, and it will create a chest at the x and z coordinates of your death, but in midair!

9. Offline

Shooty

I don't understand but i think if you create, for exemple 'HeroicDeath' show a message 'X die in a void', this plugin just check if the player die in a Void, so i think you can use the same 'verification' for your plugin, if a player die by 'fall in a void' just no create a chest ? Isn't possible ?

10. Offline

Southpaw018

v1.5.2 uploaded.

1.5.1: Fixed bug allowing players to get a free sign if the owner breaks the Lockette sign off the side of the Cenotaph
    1.5.2: Fixed bug where Void deaths at negative y values were not properly detected
    Fixed bug where Cenotaph would throw an error if the directory containing config.yml did not exist

Happy ...dying? :eek:
    Happy playing, anyway! :D

11. Offline

Ratchet

hey southpaw;
    tombind/list seems to be cenfind/list but you have in the the OP tomb, is that the same for the permission nodes for those?

12. Offline

Shooty

13. Offline

Southpaw018

Eheheh. Oops. :oops: Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

14. Offline

TGU_Roboto

ok i have the most epic idea for this mod. just add iconomy support and make it so that all the boxes go to one spot that the admin decides. well that could be a hole new mod but it would be awesome.

15. Offline

wassilij

Is this LWC 3 compatible?

16. Offline

Southpaw018

I don't use LWC, so I actually wasn't aware that v3 had come out. I'll check this evening when I have some coding time and get back to you. :)

17. Offline

Ratchet

@Southpaw018

#Remove cenotaph after removeTime seconds if true
    cenotaphRemove: true
    removeTime: 21600

a guys chest disappeared in about half an hour with this setting, what gives?

18. Offline

Sleaker

uhh So you don't use the same 3x3 block detection that Drakia uses to spawn the chests? Pretty sure if someone dies at the skybox you should at least attempt to spawn the chest below them instead of immediately ignoring the tomb generation. Just a thought.

19. Offline

Ratchet

does this support permissions 3?

20. Offline

LordDead1233

I love this plugin but if I die, I get the Internal Server error and I have to rejoin.
    Is this normally or?

21. Offline

Southpaw018

That's most definitely not normal! Can you post the error log from your server console?

22. Offline

chicagosandman

Can you put in a feature so your items will be placed in a predefined chest? I know this is a bit O.T. with your plugin but I'd really, really like this and can't find any plugins for it.

23. Offline

LordDead1233

[WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.moveToWorld(ServerConfigurationManager.java:248)

at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.moveToWorld(ServerConfigurationManager.java:204)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:868)

at net.minecraft.server.Packet9Respawn.a(SourceFile:18)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

This is what I get if I die

24. Offline

Southpaw018

Does it stop if you disable Cenotaph? What other plugins might you be running that could also be running code when players die?

25. Offline

LordDead1233

Your Cenotaph Plugin is the only one which I have running (as running code when players die)

26. Offline

Southpaw018

Does it stop if you disable Cenotaph?

27. Offline

LordDead1233

If I disable it it still happens :(

28. Offline

Southpaw018

Sorry, man. Something is up with your server :(

29. Offline

LordDead1233

hmm ok but thx anyway

Oh without cenotaph its alright now but with it Its happening :( I rly love this Plugin but with this error.
    everyone yells at me in the server lol

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  30. Offline

LlmDl

Hey Southpaw018,

Any news on a couple suggestions I made a while back? They were 'lockette signs being removed after 24-48 hours' and 'lockette signs requiring you to carry a sign in your inventory.'

Having both would make the pvp combat more fun. As it is now, players cannot get much loot from killing one-another because lockette signs are free on cenotaphs. Also, the removal would be nice because it saves me the time of going around cleaning up all the chests.

Thanks!

ps: If your plugin works in 953, why not change the title of your thread?

31. Offline

Zarius

Just an idea - would it be possible to remove "empty chests only" after a configurable time (rather than removing any chest at all)? I like the chests with stuff in them to have no timeout (nice treasure hunt boxes :D)