[SEC/MECH/ADMN] BananaProtect 0.5 - automatic block protection + anti grief functionality [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Pencil

which safezone features?

Just saw ur post up there, tbh I have no clue how the faction safeclaim thing works nor what it is D: care to explain?

2. Offline

Spiritwind

Safeclaim makes a 16x16 block area from bedrock to the heavens a "Safe area"
    A safe area means
    -Mobs cannot spawn
    -Players cannot take damage
    -Regular Players cannot destroy or place blocks
    -Only people with Permission can make safe areas.
    ---
    If you could add this feature to the plugin than I can guarantee you usage would jump. There have been many people requesting it on different plugins and threads, but nobody has done it except the Factions Plugin, and factions must be enabled to do so. This is a great feature for almost any server to help keep the spawn area safe and to eliminate griefing in areas that need to be protected, such as cities and whatnot.
    ---
    If you have a test server and would like to test the factions safezone, install the factions plugin and use the command
    /f safeclaim
    ---
    If you like the idea of safeclaiming land, then it might be worth your time to make two types of safe areas. One type being with only the feature of not being able to destroy or place blocks - meaning you can still take damage and mobs can still spawn. This would be a good feature for Non Faction based PVP servers that still wish to have pvp in selected areas that they wish to also preserve.

3. Offline

Pencil

Ehm D: Do you even know how this plugin works? lawl D: I wont add this because the plugin isn't supposed to do it, there are other plugins like WorldGuard that can already do this.... This plugin does exactly what it says, protect peoples structures. Nothing more. Thats what the users love it for D:

4. Offline

Spiritwind

Alright, was just basing it on the reply from code when I asked if he could add it.

Is it that you dont think it needs it or that you dont know how to do it?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  5. Offline

codename_B

A seperate safezones plugin would be a better idea tbh

6. Offline

Falkkor

Im currently using this plugin on our server. It works great! my only gripe is the lever protection. Users are unable to flip my levers on community projects we are doing.

is there a way I can toggle protection off on a lever for all users? Or a way in config to NOT protect levers?

7. Offline

codename_B

It's coming soon thanks to @Pencil and his work on this project :)

8. Offline

Falkkor

Awesome news. Thank you.

9. Offline

Pencil

Its just not what this plugin is supposed to do D:

10. Offline

Gingerboy250

could you do something where you type something like /protect then you get a config wand thing you left click one place right click another then type /protect done and it protects that area then you can edit it by going in the protected area and type /protect edit then you can type /protect add user [player] and they can then build in that area then /protect save then it saves and so on this would be the best protection EVER

11. Offline

Pencil

Lol. I don't get it. All the standard protection plugins work like that. There are like 20 plugins that work EXACTLY like u said.

This plugin is unique and way better, as its automatic D: This will never do what you described ...

12. Offline

cvxx7q

try the plugin AutoRegionGuard its outdated but basically what it does is protect a 16*16*128 chunk (1 chunk for those of who dont know) and while it doesnt block mobs or pvp it stops block destruction and grieifing and can automatically protect chests so basically ppl can walk in ur house but they cant alter ANYTHING and its so wonderful! something like worldguard is a pain in the ass tbh D:

but a seperate "safezones plugin" as Codename_B mentioned is a great idea and if it came about i would switch to it without question, i am most worried that a bukkit build Breaks my current plugin AutoRegionGuard which wud be a nightmare since i have not found a suitable substitute (and i did look extensivley, the closest thing was soemthing that disabled even teh creator/OPS from editing a zone until they manually disables it, this is risky because all zones are either ON or OFF) sorry for all the typos
    i type too fats.. :S

Spiritwind likes this.
  13. Offline

JustAnotherDude

Found some problems with the plugin right now
    - After using /ballow username the user can delete the blocks that you placed however some blocks like lever,button,dispenser and door cannot be used or destroyed. ( There may be more blocks that have this problem)

And some suggestions
    - Allow users to configure what they want protected (some users have lwc to lock doors and stuff)
    - Disallow anyone to build/destroy within 2blocks of where other person builds.

14. Offline

lordroy

Here is an issue that our server is having with this plugin (above and beyond the issues with doors, levers, and chests).

"Player A" has a house.
    "Player B" is helping "Player A" to build a house.

"Player B" forgets to /togglep before starting to help. Half of the blocks placed on a house are now protected by "Player B".

"Player A" later realizes he wants to expand/change the house, but "Player B" doesn't come on anymore. Admin (me) has to come break the blocks that "Player B" originally placed while helping."

"Player A" places block where "Player B" used to have a block, but the spot @ X,Y,Z still "belongs" to "Player B" which, even an Admin cannot change. That "space" that "Player B" is now forever "protected" from anyone building on... and admins cant fix it for others to use.

I hope this was all clear. Is there a fix for this?

-=R=-

15. Offline

Pencil

It's definately on my list, seems like codeman didn't actually delete the block's ownership after it's broken D:

16. Offline

NT86

Will this plugin protect against creeper explosions?

17. Offline

Spiritwind

Thanks, Will look into it!
    It dosent really look like it has a Safe zone feature. I see that players can claim chunks but thats about it.
    If nothing else comes up then I might use this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

18. Offline

cvxx7q

well i meant it was safe int eh respect that it can be claimed which prevents damage and editing, other features like no pvp etc arent there

i only pointed to it as a reference, something to draw ideas from :)

i would love to see something like this in bananaprotect

because then you can claim the chunks of a prebuilt structure and then its safe

im sure such things are attainable through world edit (AFAIK) but there is so much bulk :S

19. Offline

Spiritwind

Yeah, the only problem about that is any missed buildings/cities other players can claim. Plus, if a player dosent know about that feature they could claim the other players building thus making it so the builder couldent build.
    Would be a good standalone block protection, but Bananaprotect and it wouldent mesh and I'd rather stick with banana protect.

20. Offline

cvxx7q

well with ARG you disable the auto claim feature then only OPS can use /arg claim

therefore only an OP can claim anything

if ARG was re-implemented as a safezones plugin then im sure there would be a feature such as to exclude its use to only OPs or everyone etc

Switching to ARG is very difficult you would haev to manually go and find eevry structure of significance and protect it but once you have done it its fine
    its one of those things thats meant to be there from the servers beggining

EDIT: an idea to make it less tedious is download CommandSpam and u use

Code:
    /sc arg claim
    then use the wooden hoe to execute the command (run and hold LMB) for example

this is not ideal and ARG is not very flexible but its an idea :)

perhaps this may be of use http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...uboid-zone-protection-and-building-1060.4334/

it offers cuboid based zone protection, now there a bunch of commands in it that we may not use (you or i) which = bulk, to us but as a stand in until your safe area idea is a reality, this may be of use, u may even be fine with it and no longer require a safezones :p

although i really thing a separate safezones plugin would be great too

21. Offline

seanplf154

If i already built something and then i get this plugin will it protect my stuff that i already built

22. Offline

Pencil

No

23. Offline

joselitoeu

The blocks i placed with /togglep OFF, ppl can destroy. Ok, But that dont work for doors. I made a house with /togglep ON, for ppl dont destroy it, and the door with the /togglep OFF, but ppl still cant open it. Can you do something for the door be public and indestructible?

24. Offline

Pencil

Read page 6 D:

25. Offline

Spiritwind

Is it possible to make it so that any user can use any Door, lever, chest, button, and other similar things?
    As a global effect, not just a setting that a user can do.

26. Offline

Pencil

I already said I'm working on it, tho I'm very busy atm :/ The toggle shouldn't be too hard to add into to the config tho so I'll see if I can do it nao

27. Offline

cvxx7q

well dont push urself too hard :)

you got a life too jsut like everyone else here does :)

28. Offline

Pencil

Ye :p I didn't actually get to work on it last night because I had to help a newb code D: . I'll see what I can do today, but more likely tomorrow :)

cvxx7q likes this.
  29. Offline

cvxx7q

everybody gotta help somebody :p

30. Offline

Krazy

takes too long update? fix tree please