[SEC/INFO] Command Alerter

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Brightspark, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Offline

Brightspark

Plugin category:
    SEC/INFO

Suggested name:
    Command Alerter

A bit about me:
    Iv just signed up to the forums
    and have been running a half whitelisted server for about a year now.

What I want:
    A simple lightweight plugin which shows the commands that players are typing in the chat to anyone with the permission node.

I have been using the ALERTER Plugin (Link)
    for this but it has alot of other features which i dont use.
    I have searched around for a small plugin to do this and have only come across ones that log to a file and/or display in the console.

Ideas for commands:
    • /CA For toggling the Display of ALL Command Alerts
    • /CA [Playername] For toggling the display of the Players typed commands (to stop spam)
    Ideas for permissions:

CA.Alert ---Players that alert their commands (Default:True)
    CA.View ---for viewing the alerts
    CA.pl ---For toggling Players alerts

When I'd like it by:
    When ever you can :)

Devs who might be interested in this:
    I have no idea as im new here :D

Thank you For taking a look at my thread
    :D

2. Offline

Aronnn

I have not really made any plugins in the past but I will see if I can make it, it looks pretty handy and I would love to see if I would be able to do it :).

3. Offline

Brightspark

:) Thank you
    Good luck ;)

4. Offline

Wolfy9247

I can kind of understand not wanting to use a large plugin with many features that you don't need, but can't you just go into the configuration on the Alerter plugin and disable anything but commands?

http://www.consolepk.altervista.org/page.php?19#dat

If you still want it done, and Aronnn doesn't do it, I'd be able to do it pretty quickly.

5. Offline

Brightspark

Yeh i could but it would still be wasting space
    and others would benefit from it :)

Wolfy9247 Thanks :)

6. Offline

Aronnn

I am not really able to figure out the new Event system. As I said I just got into java coding, so if you know how to do it, this is what I currently have:
    http://pastebin.com/7tjis2jb

The problem is an error in registerEvent, and I suppose that is because of the new Event system.

Aronnn

7. Offline

NeatMonster

http://pastebin.com/ALD38CLZ

8. Offline

Wolfy9247

You didn't specify a priority within the @EventHandler, but I'll go ahead and modify that and for Brightspark

Brightspark This is currently what I have done: http://pastebin.com/t2AaAYHq

I'm getting some errors so it's not ready to be compiled, but I'm just workin on it when I get a chance here. I'll pick up on it some more in a bit.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  9. Offline

NeatMonster

No need to specify a priority if you want to set it to NORMAL.

10. Offline

Wolfy9247

I read that an hour or so after I posted that, but really, you're not changing the outcome of the event so it should only be set to MONITOR.

11. Offline

Brightspark

How is the plugin coming along? :)

12. Offline

Wolfy9247

To be honest I haven't had much time to work on it, I can provide the source if anyone wants to pick up on it though.

13. Offline

Aronnn

I could pick it up and see if I could finish it. Was already working on your old source, so if you could send me your's I could see if I could use it.

14. Offline

Wolfy9247

Aronnn
    I'm working on it right now, if you have Skype or anything you can message me on there if you want to work together on some things or find out the progress.

15. Offline

Aronnn

You could add me on skype: Aronnns, although I am going to get some sleep right now. So maybe I could do something tomorrow.

16. Offline

Wolfy9247

One thing I was working on but I wasn't sure if you wanted it:
    If players are manually added to the "watch-list" but they don't have the permission node, they're going to be removed upon quitting and have to be re-added next time. However, I could make it so it's persitent between logins. I might find it easier just to give them the permission node for "ca.alert" though, which should I implement?

Also, should all OPs be exempt from the "watch-list", even if they have the permission node?

EDIT: I've finished it for now without knowing the above, so as per version v0.1 here's what it would look like if I posted this as a topic (if you'd like) as well as the download for the plugin:

Topic Preview (open)

Title: [ADMN/CHAT] CommandAlerter v0.1 - Monitor users' commands! [1.1-R1]

CommandAlerter - Monitor users' commands!
    (Request: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-info-command-alerter.55648)

Version: v0.1

Description: CommandAlerter is a plugin that easily allows you to keep track of exactly which users are executing which commands, allowing for easier administration and eye-sight of your users and whether they're abusing their powers!

Permissions:
    Code:
    CA.* - All CommandAlerter permissions EXCEPT 'ca.view'. 

CA.toggle - Toggle CA on/off as well as adding or removing certain users from the 'watch-list'. 
    CA.view - You must have this permission node to view any messages from this plugin. 

CA.alert - Assigned to groups and/or users who will have their commands displayed.

Commands:
    Code:
    /CA - Toggles notifications. 
    /CA <Player> - Toggles player notifications. If watched already, player is disabled. 
    * NOTE: If player has the permission node "ca.alert" they will be re-enabled on next join. Also, if the player doesn't have the permission node, they're only enabled for that current session. 

Features:
    • Monitor users' command usage for administration and/or statistical purposes![/b]
    • Makes it easier to distinguish who's doing what without having to ask around!

Download The Plugin Now!

[​IMG]

Changelog:
    • v0.1 - Initial Release

Upcoming Plans:
    • N/A (Currently!)[/b]

BukkitDev: (Coming Soon!)

17. Offline

Brightspark

The Toggle Option is mainly to stop players typing loads of /commands to annoy OPs so really it functions more as a mute.

How about ,If the Player has the Ca.alert permission there commands are displayed but can be
    *toggled IE muted
    for that session?

And if Ops have the Ca.alert permission node they will be on the Watch list

18. Offline

Wolfy9247

Well as it stands right now even if the player has "CA.Alert" they can be muted for that session by doing /CA <Player> which would disable them, and they would be re-added to the list upon re-joining. If you want to remove them permanently you would of course just remove the permission node.

I'll modify the code so OPs are not exempt from the watch-list, however, this means that every OP will be watched unless disabled for that session. There'd be no way to permanently disable them, unless you want something like: ca.mute which would mute them despite having ca.alert or being an OP.

Let me know!

19. Offline

heisan213

I already made this plugin :D Link here

Edit; Give me feedback so I can improve it, it's just the basic thing ATM, but free ;D

20. Offline

Wolfy9247

I'll go ahead and cease production on mine then if you already did, posted in the topic as well. ^^

21. Offline

Brightspark

22. Offline

heisan213

I actually made this before I saw this thread :D It is yet to be accepted, though

23. Offline

Wolfy9247

I made some modifications when I had time earlier and put it up on Pastebin, will share later. It was mostly adding the public void onCommand to fit what the author of this request wanted.

If you had a Github I could submit a pull request.