[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

ferrago

Is there a way to make town friendly mobs (sheep/horse/pigs/etc) not protected?

3. Offline

LlmDl

Funny you ask that, you can now define which animals are protected by towns in the config.yml. You will need towny 0.84.0.14 or higher.

4. Offline

ferrago

Haha, Thank you so much. It took me forever to realize it was town protecting the mobs. I was like what the hay.

5. Offline

Meridias561

I'm using permissionsEX for my permissions and have several ranks set up. What would be the easiest way of restricting the townyperms groups to different PEX groups? (guest rank can only be nomad/resident, next higher rank can become a mayor, etc). Am I going to be stuck having to copy all the townyperm group permissions to my different PEX groups?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching the thread but didn't come across what I was looking for.

6. Offline

LlmDl

You're going to want to remove the towny.command.town.new node from the nomad group and give it to your pex group instead. There is no 'putting townyperms.yml ranks into pex' both townyperms and pex will be adding permission nodes on your server.

7. Offline

Toxic__Waste

yo LlmDl how hard is it going to update to the new uuids and do you think we will have to start towns over thx

8. Offline

LlmDl

There is a 0% chance of needing to start over. Elgarl is about to begin working on updating to UUID changes, he did GroupManager today. The release we did today, 0.86.0.0, is meant to be the hold-over release. We did it for 1.7.2 and will be making additional builds for 1.6.4 and 1.5.2 shortly. It will likely be the only version to support three different MC versions. After which the UUID update will follow.

Toxic__Waste likes this.
  9. Offline

Toxic__Waste

10. Offline

LlmDl

11. Offline

DeadSkunk24

So I tried to change my town cost from 250 to 10k and in the config it says it's 10000, but in the game people can still buy a town for 250. Help? http://pastebin.com/snk1m9E8

12. Offline

LlmDl

Did you use /ta reload after changing the config or did you stop and start?

13. Offline

DeadSkunk24

I tried both. Neither worked for me. It says in the config that it's set to 10k but ppl still buy for 250 :/

14. Offline

LlmDl

Try changing it again, I'm betting you haven't updated the file on the FTP server.

15. Offline

charithczone

I guess there is no dev build released for 1.7.9 right ? I tested latest dev build with latest essentials dev build and found out all towns are having 0$ balance. And when I try to /t deposit it says a long error in red.
    IS it only me or ?

16. Offline

LlmDl

You need to be running the right version of Essentials, ask them which version supports fakeplayer UUIDs in their economy plugin.

17. Offline

Thecoolsurdy

Hey guys,
    I have been having strange issues with town files not being able to be read after I stop and launch my server again. Usually it cannot read a town file, and I have no idea what is wrong with it. Even if I revert to a previous backup from a time before I stopped the server, it still cannot read it, so I assume that the town file for that town was cached in the server RAM while it was running, but whenever it tried to save it it could not read it. I assume that since my server is large and we are using FF to store the data, it may be having issues. Anyways, I don't know, but I am wondering if it is possible to convert existing towny data that is stored in flat files, to a MySQL database. I have a large server with a lot of towny data, but I do not want all of our data to get reset in the process.
    Thanks

18. Offline

LlmDl

http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/HowTownyWorks#Using_SQL_instead_of_Flatfile

19. Offline

Thecoolsurdy

Hey,
    I was wondering if switching to MySQL would be better for my server. Currently, we are having strange issues with towns not being able to be read after stopping and starting the server again. Even if we roll back to a backup in which the server was running with that town functioning normally, the only way to fix the issue is to completely eliminate the town, which is now causing problems becuase I am afraid to update other plugins or even stop my server, in fear of towny locking into safe mode again and not being able to read a town. I wanted to switch to MySQL, but I read up and saw that this same error was still happening with MySQL. I have no idea what to do, could it be that I am running Towny v 85.0? Has this issue been fixed? Please help me explain what is happening, how to prevent it, and if MySQL would be the answer.

20. Offline

LlmDl

0.85.0.0 was broken, get a good copy of your flatfile and update to 0.87.0.3.

21. Offline

xxmurdertrampxx

Is it possible to exempt certain groups in my group manager from taxes? like moderators and admins?

22. Offline

LlmDl

Give them towny.tax_exempt

edit: Just realized you said GM, this only works in townyperms.yml. Sorry.

If those are added via a mod that mod needs to support MCPC+ and you need to put those blockIDs into the config.yml's switch id list.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  23. Offline

xxmurdertrampxx

I think I figured it out...by going into the actual town of said admin/moderator and changing the upkeep from true to false....my only concern is when that happens if someone is in said town and not an admin/moderator do they still pay taxes to said town?

24. Offline

LlmDl

That is only to stop the town from paying upkeep. It doesn't exempt the residents of the town from paying taxes.

One way you could do it, as long as its assumed all the players are in a town would be to give them the ability to rank themselves into the townyperms rank which gets the towny.tax_exempt node.

Try making a rank in the town section which has towny.tax_exempt named TaxFree. Then give the rank in GM that you want to not pay taxes '- towny.command.town.rank.TaxFree'. You could set the command to rank the player up to a commandsign or maybe some other autorank system. Otherwise they can just use the /town rank command themselves.

25. Offline

xxmurdertrampxx

Thank you!
    Thank you! Also, I noticed Towny isn't protecting upgraded chests. Is there something in the config i'm missing to fix this?

26. Offline

LlmDl

27. Offline

xxmurdertrampxx

Like diamond, gold, copper chests

28. Offline

xxmurdertrampxx

Thank you! My only other issue now is i've set town to not revert whenever a town is no longer a town and its still doing it.

29. Offline

LlmDl

The config is only used for default settings for new worlds (as the comments in teh config and teh install guide explains,) use /tw toggle revertunclaim, in each world you want it off in. Then delete the regen.txt and the plot-block-data folder to free up some space.

30. Offline

xxmurdertrampxx

Thank you so much!

31. Offline

sbmercury

I have two problems right now, the first is that the Towny Chat commands aren't working, commands like /channel still works but commands like /tc, come up as unknown so I can't actually join any channels, anyone know why it won't load them?
    Second I have a question, is it possible to setup areas where people can't start towns or claim anything like a server spawn?
    Thanks