[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

wolffy_15

Im getting a null with the towny,
    List of my plugins:
    Anvil.jar
    Automessage.jar
    Bigbrother.jar
    Essentials.jar
    Factions.jar
    Firstspawn.jar
    HeroicDeath.jar
    Iconomy.jar
    Jail.jar
    Lockettet.jar
    mcMMO.jar
    Ownblocks.jar
    Realshops.jar
    Towny.jar
    Worldedit.jar

Which plugin is causing this?

3. Offline

SwearWord

@Sorken
    For the last time, as it's been mentioned a thousand times before, have that town unclaim a plot, then have the mayor of the other town claim it with /t claim outpost

Now they have a base detached from the main town.

4. Offline

LlmDl

Bukkit Version:
    Pastebin.com link to towny's config.yml:
    Pastebin.com link to your server's startup sequence:

5. Offline

sharkale

@ElgarL no. im using 0.73 whitout update. when i read your previous comment my server crash... and i dont update to a dev build if i need to replace all config and language files again. need to improve the way of update. simple adding the no existing keys. i dont care if remove the comments of the language file or random sort the keys. for english people is easy. delete and go. change 2 or 3 config and start. but non english need to dedicated much time to retranslated all keys again. this isnt a proper way to update every new version... i understand you but understand me.

6. Offline

wolffy_15

what do you mean?

7. Offline

LlmDl

Tell me your bukkit version number.
    Paste me a link to your config.yml that you paste on pastebin.com.
    Paste me a link to your server's startup sequence (in your server.log) that you paste on pastebin.com.

8. Offline

wolffy_15

9. This IS the proper way to update our version. We currently support only english as thats the only language we speak. We are in the process of transfering all text from the plugin to it's own file so YOU can have the benefit of being able to translate it into whatever language you choose. As this process is ongoing new entries get added to the language file which means a new file.

You can simply run a file compare old file to new and see what lines have been added. Then copy paste those into your old language file, but thats something YOU will need to do. Until all the text is out it will be constantly updating and changing.

This new version checks for missing strings and will give you a warning message rather than fall on it's ass due to bad upgrades.

10. Offline

sharkale

@ElgarL isn a proper way!. you add a translation options and say "only support english"... i dont asking you to translate to my language. a few new keys isn a new file. but is you think a "delete all and reconfig all again in every update" good. bye.

11. I'm not adding a translate option. I'm being generous and doing all this hard work so YOU have the added bonus of being able to convert it to your own language. I'm doing this for free you know.

Bye

LlmDl likes this.
  12. Offline

wolffy_15

13. Offline

LlmDl

Download the newest version of towny (0.73.1) delete your old config.yml and english.yml. Open the config, set things up for your server and turn on debug mode. Pastebin.com the newest startup sequence.

Also your iConomy is out of date.

14. Offline

cropperesp

WARNING - Upgraded to latest version from Towny (Fuzze Version) to Towny Advanced and the server wouldn´t even come online!

Removed this version to put on the old one.. ALL TOWN data was lost.... real shame and a lot of work for all town owners on our server now.

Be very careful, this is by far the finished product! But I hope in future the dev´s can make the upgrade seamless and hassle free - towny should be part of the multiplayer gametype in MC as standard.

Our host is multiplay.co.uk on a shared server btw.

15. Offline

LlmDl

Your case could be made stronger if you showed us your startup from when towny supposedly ate your towny data.

I'd also like to point out part of the upgrade instructions is backing up before you begin at all.

The changelog from 0.68 to now has grown from 240 to 360 lines. Lots has been fixed and upgrading later isn't going to help you if your towny 0.68 data is corrupt now. Drop into the IRC and we'll help you upgrade.

16. You didn't follow the upgrade procedure. It's flawless IF you follow the instructions.

17. Offline

SwearWord

@cropperesp
    Do not push your ignorance onto the rest of the thread. I upgraded seamlessly. ElgarL and Llmdl have repeatedly corrected people's own mistakes that resulted in them corrupting their own files. You clearly did not bother to read the upgrade documentation that was so kindly written for you.

Also don't make a post and at the end of it advertise your server, especially when it's prefaced with "everything got deleted." It's bad marketing, no one wants to play on a server run by an incompetent.

Wow all of us posted at the same time.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
    LlmDl likes this.
  18. Offline

cropperesp

I have limited options in terms of upgrading, I wasnt advertising our server too (that was a hosting site we use so others who had the same problem could see if the problem was linked to the host or the dev), just to show the shared type of hosting we are on as the control panel has very limited options (clanforge), it really is "click add" for a plugin in order to use it, and they configure the back end. I will email their support tomorrow to let them know it obviously doesn´t work.

As its shared hosting I don´t have a startup I can paste unfortunately but I will ask our server host to test and post here the results and between the 2 lets hope it gets resolved.

19. Offline

dslip

I may have made a mistake in following your upgrade steps, but I thought I followed the steps properly.

Would you please look at my config.yml and advise on my mistake?

config.yml

20. Offline

LlmDl

You didnt delete your config.yml and english.yml.

21. Offline

imaxorz

Is there a way to check what town's taxes are since they are no longer displayed in /towny prices

Thank you!

22. Offline

SwearWord

@imaxorz
    Latest build shows it in /t
    If it doesn't next build will. I just added that to it.

23. I am aware of the fact that you can create outposts, but that was not what i wanted.

24. Offline

RedAlex

I have this error when i try t spawn "error: Hole in floor" if y try tppos (pos of the spawn) i have the same error
    Using Bukkit : 1000
    towny : 0.73.1
    Essential 2.4.2

25. Offline

SwearWord

@RedAlex
    Are you using Essentials or some other plugin?
    /tppos is not a towny command.

@Sorken
    It functions exactly the way you want

26. Offline

RedAlex

SwearWord i have write the version of essential i use ^^

27. Offline

generilisk

I'm getting this at startup. I deleted the entire settings folder, so I know that's not it. I only left the old town information in. This is Bukkit build 1000, on Towny 0.73.1
    Code:
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 0 [, 1.0, , 1, Spirit ,  Ruin]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 1 [, 1.0, , 16, Hermit ,  (Sett
    lement)]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 2 [, 1.0, , 32, Chief ,  (Hamle
    t)]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 6 [, 1.0, , 96, Baron Von ,  (V
    illage)]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 10 [, 1.0, , 160, Viscount ,  (
    Town)]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 14 [, 1.0, , 224, Count Von ,
    (Large Town)]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 20 [, 1.0, , 320, Earl ,  (City
    )]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 24 [, 1.0, , 384, Duke ,  (Larg
    e City)]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 28 [, 1.0, , 448, Lord ,  (Metr
    opolis)]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 0 [0, Lands of ,  (Nation), ,
     , Leader , , 1.0]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 10 [10, Federation of ,  (Nat
    ion), , , Count , , 1.0]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 20 [20, Dominion of ,  (Natio
    n), , , Duke , , 1.0]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 30 [30, Kingdom of ,  (Nation
    ), , , King , , 1.0]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 40 [40, The ,  Empire, , , Em
    peror , , 1.0]
    21:55:28 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 60 [60, The ,  Realm, , , God
     Emperor , , 1.0]
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading World List
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Server World List
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Nation List
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Town List
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Resident List
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Worlds
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Nations
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Towns
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Residents
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Using: Permissions, iConomy, Questioner
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: [Towny] Setting flags for: town_orangearrow_here
    21:55:29 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: [Towny] Setting flags for: Flameingmonkey
    21:55:29 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Towny v0.73.1 (Is it up to date?
    ): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.SetWorldFlags(Towny.java:159)
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.load(Towny.java:271)
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.onEnable(Towny.java:101)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

28. Offline

Phantom Index

You need to follow the upgrade instruction instead of just dropping something like that into your server.

Thanks to you randomly throwing it in there you've probably lost all your towny data.

29. Offline

SwearWord

@generilisk
    Go into the data file for flameingmonkey (learn to spell stupid people on server) and check what it says for forcepvp

30. Offline

generilisk

@SwearWord I'm guessing it's the "pvp=false" line, but here's the full town file just in case. I do some coding so I know that a little difference like "pvp=false" vs. "forcepvp=false" can change everything.
    Code:
    residents=flamedemon
    mayor=flamedemon
    nation=The_Pig_Penguin_Alliance
    assistants=
    townBoard=/town set board [msg]
    protectionStatus=residentBuild,residentDestroy,residentSwitch,residentItemUse
    bonusBlocks=0
    taxes=0
    plotPrice=0
    plotTax=0
    hasUpkeep=true
    pvp=false
    mobs=false
    public=true
    explosion=false
    fire=false
    taxpercent=false
    townBlocks=earth:-2,-5;-2,-6;-1,-6;-1,-5;-1,-4;-2,-7;-1,-7;0,-7;0,-6;-1,-3;0,-3;0,-2;0,-1;-1,-1;1,-3;1,-4;1,-5;0,-4;1,-2;1,-1;-1,-2;-2,-2;-2,-3;-2,-4;2,-1;-2,-1;|
    homeBlock=earth,-1,-3
    spawn=earth,-15.875,63.5,-47.6875