[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

sakura_blades

I won't be able to test it for some time, but I will make a note of it and see what happens when I can. x.x; I certainly hope it isn't like what happened with the Town's Bank's.

3. I found a bug. Wooden buttons only give the message that they have no switch perm (if you dont have perm) and then they will just open anyway. Tested with perfect connection to server, ect.

4. Offline

BrierieServers

Hey there got your new dev build of towny im using mcpc+ 1.4.7 L8 with mod pack FTB Ultimate

03:32:38 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerInteractEntityEvent to Towny v0.82.1.11
    03:32:38 org.bukkit.event.EventException
    03:32:38 at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:363)
    03:32:38 at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    03:32:38 at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
    03:32:38 at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
    03:32:38 at iv.a(NetServerHandler.java:1554)
    03:32:38 at dp.a(Packet7UseEntity.java:57)
    03:32:38 at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:467)
    03:32:38 at iv.d(NetServerHandler.java:220)
    03:32:38 at iw.b(NetworkListenThread.java:57)
    03:32:38 at ht.b(DedicatedServerListenThread.java:34)
    03:32:38 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:981)
    03:32:38 at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:309)
    03:32:38 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:857)
    03:32:38 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:744)
    03:32:38 at fy.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
    03:32:38 Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/entity/minecart/StorageMinecart
    03:32:38 at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.listeners.TownyPlayerListener.onPlayerInteractEntity(Unknown Source)
    03:32:38 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor101.invoke(Unknown Source)
    03:32:38 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    03:32:38 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    03:32:38 at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:361)
    03:32:38 ... 14 more
    03:32:41 [INFO

5. Offline

LlmDl

Could you pastebin.com the config.yml please.

Stop your server, move your server.log out of the craftbukkit directory. Start your server, let it load completely, then stop it. A new server.log will be created, please upload it to http://pastie.org or http://pastebin.com and post the link in the thread.

6. Offline

thejodster

HELP

So, i have 2 servers. I just made 1 of them and the other i dont use. In the first 1, about six months ago, i installed towny and everything worked fine. But now on my new server (1.5.1) i just downloaded the newest version of towny (0.82.1.0) installed, then i downloaded and installed, iconomy and votifier. When i do /town new jodtown (thats wat i want to name it) it says [towny] null. Any help?
    Plugins:
    Chatmanager
    Cleanroomgenerator
    essentials
    essentialsgroupbridge
    essentialsgroupmanager
    ess...spawn
    iconomy
    lockette
    multilnv
    multivers-core-2.4
    permissionsbuttit 2.0
    questioner
    skyblockco-op
    towny
    tuxtwolib
    vualt
    votifier
    worldguard
    and
    worldedit.

Im trying to make town in normal world and i hav this:
    towns=

pvp=true
    forcepvp=false
    # Can players found towns and claim plots in this world?
    claimable=true
    worldmobs=true
    forcetownmobs=false
    firespread=true
    forcefirespread=false
    explosions=true
    forceexplosions=false
    endermanprotect=true
    disableplayertrample=true
    disablecreaturetrample=true

# Unclaimed Zone settings.
    unclaimedZoneBuild=true
    unclaimedZoneDestroy=true
    unclaimedZoneSwitch=true
    unclaimedZoneItemUse=true
    unclaimedZoneName=Wilderness

# The following settings are only used if you are not using any permissions provider plugin
    unclaimedZoneIgnoreIds=6,14,15,16,17,18,21,31,37,38,39,40,50,56,65,66,73,74,81,82,83,86,89

# The following settings control what blocks are deleted upon a townblock being unclaimed
    usingPlotManagementDelete=true
    plotManagementDeleteIds=26,50,55,63,64,68,70,71,72,75,76,93,94

# The following settings control what blocks are deleted upon a mayor issuing a '/plot clear' command
    usingPlotManagementMayorDelete=true
    plotManagementMayorDelete=WALL_SIGN,SIGN_POST

# If enabled when a town claims a townblock a snapshot will be taken at the time it is claimed.
    # When the townblock is unclaimded its blocks will begin to revert to the original snapshot.
    usingPlotManagementRevert=true
    usingPlotManagementRevertSpeed=1
    # Any block Id's listed here will not be respawned. Instead it will revert to air.
    plotManagementIgnoreIds=14,21,22,41,42,48,50,52,56,57,63,68,89

# If enabled any damage caused by explosions will repair itself.
    usingPlotManagementWildRegen=true
    PlotManagementWildRegenEntities=Creeper,EnderCrystal,EnderDragon,Fireball,SmallFireball,TNTPrimed
    usingPlotManagementWildRegenDelay=20

# This setting is used to enable or disable Towny in this world.
    usingTowny=true
    help?

7. Offline

LlmDl

thejodster

Stop your server, move your server.log out of the craftbukkit directory. Start your server, let it load completely, then stop it. A new server.log will be created, please upload it to http://pastie.org or http://pastebin.com and post the link in the thread.

8. Offline

thejodster

9. Offline

LlmDl

You're using a super old version of register.jar. Remove it and towny will use vault
    Likewise your questioner.jar is 0.2 and you need 0.6

Your permissionsbukkit file's parsing is also broken. Remove it and use GroupManager for your permissions. You also need to remove chatmanager.jar since you dont have pex.

10. Offline

thejodster

Ok, thanks

Still wont work.
    i deleted permission bukkit, chat manager and questioner, and it still says [towny] null?!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  11. Offline

sakura_blades

Did you replace these things, or just delete them? x.x;
    I also see you've got both iConomy and Essentials economy running and it appears Vault is having a hard time deciding which to use. Either disable Essentials economy or get rid of iConomy. I think that might help ease some troubles, if not troubles in the future.

>< somehow I screwed up being able to pull up my own towns information! When I use /t I get [Towny]Null, same for any other town as well...

All i did was move the creation of towns to a later ingame rank, and added some nodes to the townyperms file. I don't think I've removed anything that would cause this...

Someone please help ASAP! I want to have all these changes done by 2am tomorrow! :(

It's almost as if Towny isn't reading it's TownyPerms.yml anymore

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

thejodster

ok, ill try that, and i completely deleted them.

13. Offline

LlmDl

Delete Register.jar

14. Offline

thejodster

I just deleted register, and when i tried to make a town and... It worked!
    Thanks for all of your help

ok, so it WAS working, i made a new town, expanded it and did stuff like that. Then my server started lagging so i closed it and went to run it again. Every thing seemed to be fine, but minecraft wouldn't find the server, on local host or 83.147.131.125 (what happened to font?) (honestly dont know) (thats the server ip). so i deleted towny and it worked fine. Unless you know to solution for definate im not getting it again, because it's causing to much trouble.

15. Offline

LlmDl

thejodster

Saying its broken doesn't give me anything to work with.

16. Offline

thejodster

No thanks, i'm not going to use this plugin for my server any more.

17. Offline

Luchripar

Hello. I just installed this on my newest server. First time with towny. But every time I use /help towny, I get a bunch of null's after every command listing. Any ideas why this Is happening? Could this be damaging the plugin's performance?

18. Offline

LlmDl

Towny hasn't been coded to work with bukkit's help command. Try /towny ?

19. Offline

Boogieramon

I have a problem. I installed towny and the permissions wont work. I'm using PEX. Even though I don't give a certain group the create a town permission, they can still create a town no matter what.

20. Offline

LlmDl

The townyperms.yml, the nomad section has the node by default, remove it from there.

21. Offline

Madmadigan

can anyone recomend a plot typr creative world plugin that doesn't conflict with towny. So far we have tried. I-claims, Plotty 2 and Infinite plots. the latter 2 use /plot commands rendering them unusable. Thanks in advance

22. Offline

LlmDl

You could change the command that those plugins are using. In the plugin.yml inside of the pluginname.jar, change the command for /plot to something like /iplot.

23. Offline

nacknicknack

Hey guys,
    Thanks for the help on my other issue .

But i got a new issue .
    Don't know if you need the first line don't think so but here it is .

19:10:30 [INFO] [WorldEdit] Using external NmsBlock for this version: MCPCPlusXNmsBlock_147
    19:10:32 [WARNING] [Towny] Task #7 for Towny v0.82.1.0 generated an exception 19:10:32 java.lang.NullPointerException 19:10:32 at zz.a(Chunk.java:784) 19:10:32 at yc.a(World.java:762) 19:10:32 at yc.c(World.java:740) 19:10:32 at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.block.CraftBlock.setTypeIdAndData(CraftBlock.java:124) 19:10:32 at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.regen.PlotBlockData.restoreNextBlock(Unknown Source) 19:10:32 at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.RepeatingTimerTask.run(Unknown Source) 19:10:32 at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:53) 19:10:32 at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:344) 19:10:32 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:899) 19:10:32 at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:309) 19:10:32 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:857) 19:10:32 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:744) 19:10:32 at fy.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)

A lot of respect and thanks in advance .

24. Offline

Avianize

Does this plugin work with the latest version of bukkit?

25. Offline

LlmDl

It does

Avianize likes this.
  26. Offline

sakura_blades

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this one or not, but I'll ask anyway for curiosity/knowledge sake....

I read that the Mod Mo' Creatures is in fact compatible with Towny, and that Towny will despawn/remove certain creatures from this mod automatically but not others. Is there a way to get Towny to read other mobs from Mo' Creatures so that they be removed/allowed onto town land?
    The user/player I heard it worked this way, said that simply adding the creatures name to Towny's Config just didn't do it and I'm not sure if there was a way to make it read them?

Or is it even possible to change what mobs are allowed/disallowed onto town land? For example, I only want a Zombie to be able to enter towns not Skeletons, Slimes, Spiders, etc?

27. Offline

LlmDl

The comments in the config explain how the town_mob_removal works. I have not heard that mo creatures would work. I doubt it since it is not built with the bukkit api.

28. Offline

Brady_

Hey guys! Quick question-

When a new player joined my server today and started chatting I got this error each time-

Any ideas on what's causing it?

29. Offline

LlmDl

Try updating to TownyChat 0.38 on the palmergames.com website. I don't recall how that was happening but I believe it only happened when another plugin that wasnt using the async chat is used. Not towny's fault, but towny made an error or something.

30. Offline

sakura_blades

Well no, but there is a plugin/server jar that allows Mo' Creatures to run right along side bukkit plugins. I would hope that this would allow them to communicate with one another in some way... >.> I will ask the server jar Dev and see what they have to say there. :p

31. Offline

andrei119

Good plugin

LlmDl likes this.