[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

LlmDl

Did you click the link, it has the commands. Worldguard doesn't have a flag to deny town claims inside WG regions, you'd have to ask them to add it.

3. Offline

Marc-D

lol i have had someone else from my server look ofer the chat and link and like me is lost . and if faction had a world guard reconice true false then it would be upto towny to add it not world guard, as world guard is protection not land or aconomy based, all pluging that use land are normaly world guard friendly

4. Offline

Kowak

5. No one has any idea what you are talking about. Only residents?
    You decide who can use lockette but assigning it's permission nodes to permission groups, not residents.
    In Towny you decide who can build where.
    The two are not the same. However, if you can't place a sign then you can't use lockette.

Thats my best guess at your question.

No, you give build/break permissions to those who live in the city.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  6. Offline

BBFChaser

Having problems with plot commands.

My permissions are set and people have the towny.town.plot enabled but are able to change the perms but not toggle it says that the command is disabled thru permissions?

7. The Towny version is 0.80.0.0 and we are using Minecraft 1.2.5 R1.0

My problem is that who deletes a city or unclaimed areas. Then occur in the affected chunks bugs. To generate holes. A delete the affected chunk's has brought nothing. I hope you can help me. There is nothing showy display in serverlog. Just who was cleared of the bug towny was no longer there. At the moment I have disabled the delete of the city. But it would be nice to people we could use towny normal. The plugin is really cool and hatched respectively in front of your work and the time you invest in towny.

MFG AzraelTheAlchemist

8. Offline

LlmDl

*slow claps*
    Wow, just wow.

Use '/tw toggle revertunclaim' in each world you want the revert turned off in.

See the changelog for 0.80.0.0
    There are new nodes for the /plot command.

Might be the kind of thing to put on the issue/suggestion tracker...

AzraelTheAlchemist likes this.
  9. @ LlmDl
    Thank you we love you.

10. Offline

Kowak

Ingame there are who live in city and who dont. I have to put LOCKETTE PERMISSIONS only to residents.

11. Offline

Kowak

My server has 50 people online each hour. I can't add players that live and who dont, because each minute a player leave a city and one enter.

12. Offline

Mikhos

Hey, is upkeepModifier supposed to work under the town_level settings? It doesn't seem to be working, of course there's probably some dumb issue on my end, as always.

Edit: Just gave you a lil' tip for all the hard work. Thanks for the continued support to all of your users. :]

13. Offline

ravieralem

the /t set permission resident off doesnt work, when we use it on our server it says accepted but its still like default we have installed it the default way just add it to the plugins not editing what could the problem be when we cant protect the stuff we builded in a town only plots who is bought should be able to be build and destroyed [not by mayor] help please

14. Offline

generilisk

I had this issue as well; I haven't had any reports yet since turning off the revert unclaim. This is being worked on, I hope?

15. Offline

LlmDl

What is there to work on? You either read the install guide and turned it off cause you didn't want it or you leave it on?

Use /t set perm off

16. Offline

generilisk

It isn't recovering the townblocks correctly. Everything above y 64 is ignored, below y is a random mess, with holes going to bedrock.
    Edit:
    If I had to guess, I'd say the townblock snapshots aren't being saved correctly.
    Edit 2:
    Unless it's supposed to do this:
    [​IMG]

17. Offline

Huffmanbran

Why am I recieving 'You feel so lonely' messages? I don't want this. I've updated everything, Running 1.2.5 and I can't seem to find it in the .config section. Someone help please.

18. Offline

LlmDl

This is obviously not how it's supposed to work. There was a fixed added in the dev builds for this. It had something to do with the world format's height doubling.

Give everyone towny.chat.general in their permission nodes, mods/admins/ops included.

19. Offline

awesome1005

I need help. Everytime I get Towny, it works until I close and restart the server. Then the server gets stuck on: Towny [Database]: [load] flatfile [save] flatfile. Please help! (if it helps, I only had 2 nations 2 towns and two residents) I LOVE this plugin and highly recommend it, and I hope I can use it soon!

20. Offline

LlmDl

pastebin.com your full startup from teh server.log

or go into towny\backups and replace your data folder with a data folder from the backup

21. Offline

Nam

Upon some further investigation, I find that Register conflicts (or visa versa) with WorldBorder for some reason. I tried the latest version of WorldBorder but when I do, I get the error I have pasted in previous posts. I am posting information about it here as well as on the worldborder page on bukkitdev to see who fixes it first. :)

22. Hello ElgarL ,
    as talked about on IRC I would like to request a "/ta town NAME disband" - or "delete".

Also, it seems that "/ta town NAME kick RESIDENT" does not work on mayors or assistants!

Keep up the good work!
    cheers

23. I use regsiter along side worldborder just fine.

You already have /town delete [name]
    But I have added silent versions under towny admin
    /ta town [name] delete
    /ta nation [name] delete

24. Offline

LlmDl

I also use register and worldborder.

25. Offline

imaxorz

Will there be a converter available to move from flat file to MySQL?

26. Offline

LlmDl

See the how towny works wikipage, converting instructions are tehre.

27. Offline

imaxorz

Got it!

Thank you.

28. Offline

Kowak

My server has 50 people online each hour. I can't add players that live and who dont, because each minute a player leave a city and one enter.

29. Offline

ravieralem

/t set perm off doesnt work but i found the problem he is using world guard and its taking over the permission system

30. Offline

LlmDl

Learn how to write a proper sentence, please. Also go read more about towny, it's obvious you don't know how it works.

31. Offline

Kowak

I've just spent all my day reading all the FAQ of Towny. I just questioned if IT IS POSSIBLE to set Lockette just for residents.

You wrote
    "Towny requires players to have towny.town.resident in order for them to join a town. Put that node in your builder group and also give that group the lockette or deadbolt permission nodes used to lock chests. Make sure your default group does not have either nodes."

Now, the default group as you can see in my PEX, is the group that NEEDS all towny permissions. Now the default group are the players that live in Wild and that live also in Towns. How can I set lockette just to residents? That's my problem.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018