[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

Microsoft22

I went to IRC and Llmdl Helped me out. If u have myworlds or any other plugin that loads ur worlds u need to open towny.jar with winrar and make is so towny depends on that plugin to load before towny. This may not seem clear but if u ask him he will help u out in theire irc.

3. Offline

mexander

Sorry for not linking that, I thought the problem was known. Here it is: http://pastebin.com/iJa1E8Qw I'm not 100% sure if that's the right error though. Thanks for the fast answer and help.

4. Is there a way to not have to give the permission to everyone and for some reason people have to be ops to join a town

5. Offline

LlmDl

In the newest Dev, myworlds is included in the depends list.

That's an error from a different plugin, the dev team might be griefcraft?
    If you get a full startup I might be able to tell you what to do.

You should familiarize yourself with how permissions plugins work. You can create groups, each group can have different permission nodes, so you can give players diff. nodes by putting them in the proper group. Users can also have permission nodes of their own.

To join a town players need towny.town.resident. Read the first post's Permission Node link to get the complete list of nodes and give them to the groups you want.

6. Offline

mexander

7. Offline

Buzz313th

Can someone explain to me how to change the crop trampling flags from enable to disable after the server has already been set up?

Thanks

8. Offline

LlmDl

Edit the worldname.txt files in the worlds folder.

There's nothing wrong with that startup, if you can show me the startup where your town's lost their plots I'd be better able to diagnose this.

9. Offline

Buzz313th

Thanks for your reply.

I did. I set the world text files to read like this..

disableplayertrample=false
    disablecreaturetrample=false

But when I'm in game, I can still to the polka on the crops and it doesnt trample them

10. Offline

LlmDl

Did you use '/ta reload' in game afterwards to reload the towny files?

11. Offline

mexander

Ok, I'll see if I can catch the log of when it happens.

12. Offline

tincopper2

I'm just getting this error;

13. You have towny set to use an economy plugin but have none available.
    If using anything other than iCo 5.01 install the register.jar (as per the install instructions).

14. Offline

tincopper2

Umm, I'm getting this error with vault and register... :(

Yah, I have essentialsECO, and Iconomy, Vault, AND register, tried all, mixed all, none work, register is popping up errors...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  15. pastebin a full startup log.

16. Offline

tincopper2

Okay, tmw, i g2g to bed soz. :( my server will be screwed without towny...

17. Offline

Iyeru

18. Offline

sampolo

Can someone help me, it always says you feel so lonely after i talk and people cant always hear what i say, they have to be really close aswell, any help would be appreciated. thanks :)

19. Offline

HockeyMike24

How can I disable the "you feel lonely" in the chat? It's not working, it says it when people are online too.

20. add the permission node 'towny.chat.general' and be sure it's the same as the permission node listed in your channels.yml

21. Offline

tincopper2

Okay, here's the log you've been waiting so impatiently for;
    LOG
    Hopefully this will help, a little more fancy than pastebin?

22. Offline

Zarmah

Hello I have been having a problem all morning where whenever I try and create a town it throws an unhandled exception error.

I've tried everything I can think of and only have the towny mods installed but still it does this. Hope for help soon.

start up log:
    http://pastebin.com/K96pK1gw

23. Offline

Matt_Seal

Is there a way to turn friendly fire off for nation and town?

24. Offline

sampolo

Cheers, it worked +1 for you sir

25. Offline

tincopper2

FIXED!
    Anyone experiencing this problem focus on this link and replace your Register.jar with this, it will work!
    This simply means that you are using Java JDK 6.0 still, your other option is to update to 7.0, or simply loop around by using this, any credit into solving this involves me and using google staying up all night till 6am, happy gamin' bros!

26. Offline

LlmDl

You need an economy plugin, register.jar is just a bridge between towny and your eco plugin of choice.

In the towny config.yml in the setting folder is a friendlyfire option.

27. Offline

Kylefraser

when i downloaded this, all of my players couldnt open any of their chests or furnes?

28. Update your register.jar to 1.5

29. Offline

tincopper2

Did you read my last post?
    btw, I was always on 1.5....

30. Offline

xwyz

Hello,

I couldnt change language, always load in english.

I altered "language: english.yml" string to "language: brasil.yml" in config.yml
    And i tried to change language file and renamed brasil.yml.

31. Offline

Mishrathium

Towny - 78.0 / CB R3 1846 / icon 6 / questioner 0.4 / vault 1.2.8 / register 1.5 /

http://pastebin.com/J99bk8jx

Code:
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.TownClaim.run(TownClaim.java:75)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.TownClaim.townUnclaim(TownClaim.java:154)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyUniverse.removeTownBlock(TownyUniverse.java:1461)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyUniverse.deleteTownBlockIds(TownyUniverse.java:1497)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setType(CraftBlock.java:84)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setTypeId(CraftBlock.java:88)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeId(World.java:439)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:467)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:506)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:518)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:453)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:57)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:1024)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor22.invoke(Unknown Source)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.event.Listener.onBlockPhysics(Listener:0)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Synchronized code got accessed from another thread: com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.TownClaim
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] WARNING Could not properly handle event BLOCK_PHYSICS:
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO This error is logged only once: it could have occurred multiple times by now.
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.TownClaim.run(TownClaim.java:75)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.TownClaim.townUnclaim(TownClaim.java:154)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyUniverse.removeTownBlock(TownyUniverse.java:1461)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyUniverse.deleteTownBlockIds(TownyUniverse.java:1497)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setType(CraftBlock.java:84)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setTypeId(CraftBlock.java:88)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeId(World.java:439)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:467)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:505)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:453)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:57)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:1024)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor22.invoke(Unknown Source)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.event.Listener.onBlockPhysics(Listener:0)
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Synchronized code got accessed from another thread: com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.TownClaim
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] WARNING Could not properly handle event BLOCK_PHYSICS:
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO This error is logged only once: it could have occurred multiple times by now.
    13.02 16:48:58 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:504)