[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

LlmDl

Have problems? Got a bug? I can help you!

First I'll need your bukkit version and towny version numbers!

Also be prepared to use pastebin.com to share your config.yml, full server startup (found in your server.log) and relevant Permission files. Better yet, provide them up-front!

Also try joining the #Towny IRC channel for instant-support.

Known Issues:
    • Zilch

3. Offline

Ziden

-Not Reserved-

I love this plugin, got it disabled cause it was tooooo heavy and crashing my server in old versions, im really ancious for new updates to test it out. It makes Minecraft high populated servers really fun !!

Good luck to ya all !

And , if i may, just ask something about the plugin: Make it Support MySQL. My server have problems with "too many open files" cause my main Skill plugin is H2.

4. How many towns/nations/residents do you have to be causing a tmf error?

5. Offline

Syntaxlb

Yes the problem is the nation taxes.

My town is the only town is my nation. I'm the leader of the nation, and the mayor of the town.

6. Offline

LlmDl

Leaders of nations own the capital city, which does not pay nation-tax. It's like how a mayor doesn't pay his town-tax.

The banks are controlled by the same player, so it doesn't tax.

7. Offline

Ben Balentine

I heard a mention on the old thread that you guys are gonna support mysql for the database at some point? can i help test with that, i really hate using flatfile.

8. Offline

SwearWord

@LlmDl
    Let me know what you guys need to get done.

LlmDl likes this.
  9. Offline

XterierK

I have all permission nodes set correctly and I have all the wild build/destroy/switch in the config set to true. But, people are still not able to build and it says the message [Towny] You don't have permission to build here.

Nevermind, towny didn't detect my permissions, in the config it was permissions3=false, just changed it to true. Fixed.

10. Offline

Zalastri

Wow, now I wish I didn't switch over to factions a few weeks ago. Can you make a factions to towny converter? I know it's quite the task, but It'd really be extremely awesome of you.

11. Offline

EllBristow

Only just realised there was a new thread! Man I'm a n00b!

Here's what I just posted on the old thread...

"I've forked and submitted a pull request with the ability to disable the ability to set a nation as 'Neutral' for those who get annoyed when they want to attack and their opponent hides behind neutrality.

However... I've not been able to test my changes due to issues with recompiling. I'm quite new to java (I learnt it yesterday!). The edit should be sound but I simply don't know how to re-compile it to test it! :( N00b fail!"

Is there any chance of creating a new permission level for /town set perm open [on/off]

This could be used to split Wooden Doors and Hatches (and maybe chests) which I do not feel classify as 'Switched' items. It would make sense for them to be separate from buttons and levers.

I've now added my suggestion for disabling neutrality to the 0.71.4 thread too. Please review :)

edit: I'm not sure how to get it to set the default to true... maybe a more experienced coder can have a look at that?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  12. Offline

Legionarius

Did croxis fork this too? How many total versions of towny do we need :p

13. Offline

Ratchet

running the dev version with no problems here 8)

next step: mysql! wooo

14. Offline

Legionarius

Can we work on a way to disable sethome within town borders for non residents. We are already hooking essentials... :)

Word to the wise. If you had custom town levels this overwrote them with the HUGE maxes of the default config on first run. Big problem.

EDIT: Found the problem. I guess the town and nation levels in the config do nothing, as towny still generates and uses the csv files. Put those back in place and all seems well...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

LlmDl

Good idea, not all servers will want it, but I can see the use of it. There's already talk about changing Towny War, or making it more versatile. Some admins find it too brutal, other want more brutality. Elgarl will see your suggestion.
    Croxis began a fork, which was created like ours, from Fuzze's 0.68 but he gave up on it.

Sorry about your custom .csv's being overwritten. It shouldn't be an issue for much longer as we are doing away with the .csv's and moving that information into the config.yml. As for supporting more of essentials, that's up to Elgarl and whether he can do it or has the time.
    Can you drop into IRC or PM me your server details? I'd like to know how many players you have on an average peak time, whether you upgraded or did a fresh install, etc.

16. Offline

Legionarius

Oh fyi, im using the dev version as well.

17. Offline

EllBristow

me too... works fine

18. Offline

cholo71796

Will Towny ever support cuboid selections? That's just about the only thing stopping me from using it.

19. Offline

Ziden

i had 3 towns, one with 17 residents, other with 5 other was only with 1.

20. Offline

LlmDl

Probably not, there are other plugins that can help you. Towny's grid system is really great anyways.

21. Offline

cholo71796

Yeah, the grid system works, but it makes every town pretty much the same. All the houses are pretty much the same size, you never can put a house on top of another house and you can't make any combining house shapes. I really like the system that Towny has, but I just can't use it without more shape customization, so I do everything with WorldGuard.

22. Offline

EllBristow

I'm not sure about freestyle plots... i do like the idea of claiming a whole chunk.

I WOULD like to see the ability for an admin to claim wilderness chunks for an NPC town without having to join the town (i.e. if they are already a member of a town) This way they could build a town at spawn without damaging the balance of the game.

23. Offline

LlmDl

In Towny Advanced, there's much better support for the " /ta set mayor [town] npc " command. Using this, an admin can set aside his town, and start a new town, which when ready can have an 'npc' (not an actual NPC, but pretent resident/mayor) become mayor using the same command, so the admin can resume controlling his primary town.

With 1.8's release and NPC villages, who knows what might become possible.

I've seen some pretty distinct towns on my server alone. Two town-styles pop-up, the first is sort of like you describe, similar sized houses and every resident having their own plots. The second happens when a mayor doesn't use personal plots (usually these towns are made up of close friends,) and they just build where they please within the town limits. The second type produces some pretty cool towns.

24. Offline

EllBristow

Agreed... we have both types on our server too. Plus we have a town where the mayor zones blocks of 3 and 4 plots together to make huge properties and some great shaped, interlinking, buildings

25. Offline

cholo71796

Yeah, I want to have the second type be possible without having anyone worry about trusting their neighbors.

26. Offline

LlmDl

In my town I give residents 1 townblock to start with. When they're done mining it and building on it, I give them a 2x2 section next. Lots of players don't finish/never return and giving them lots of land right away, just means more clean up later.

Part of what makes Towny great is how hands-off it is for admins.

Adding cuboid support while retaining a hands-off approach would mean giving mayors rights to use the cuboid selecting tool, and you can guess how that might turn out.

27. Offline

cholo71796

Still, permissions could be restricted to defining a plot. I agree, though, I would never want my town owners running around typing "/replace dirt,grass,stone diamondblock" everywhere, hahah

28. Offline

EllBristow

anyone used /ta set mayor (town) npc ?

Mine says "[NPC]1 is not registered" the first time, then "A resident called npc1 already exists the next". Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

29. Offline

SplenectomY

Looking forward to MySQL compatibility, which I'm assuming will come with a way to transfer the flatfiles over to MySQL (similar to LWC's system).

30. Offline

LlmDl

Bukkit and towny version please, all /ta commands are admin only.

Yes it will.