[SEC/FUN] Factions 2.0.0 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by MassiveCraft, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Spathizilla

Done.

If there are any issues with it, let me know and I'll fix it. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the config flag. If I clean it (like the import for Location isnt specific) up any more or add more features, I'll let you know.

The biggest annoyance I had was I didnt get a chance to test it (hence why I said I'll fix any issues)

2. Offline

Squirrek

Really good idea!!! My users are requesting this feature

3. Offline

Fob_Upset

Yeah, I can't believe that haven't added that feature before.

4. Offline

Brettflan

It's on the list of stuff to look into eventually.

@Spathizilla Thanks. It'll probably be at least a week or so before I have time to check it out anyway, so if you can test it out before then I'd appreciate it. I don't currently use WorldGuard, so I might forgo testing it out myself.

5. Offline

Spathizilla

All tested and working nicely on the latest github codebase. I just chucked it onto my production server \o/

If anyone wants my copy of Factions with Worldguard region detection (to prevent factions claiming any worldguarded land) then you can private message me, assuming Brettflan has no objections to me giving it out.

bradgillap likes this.
  6. Offline

Nick392

How do I give people the access to disband their own faction? I currently gave them the nodes participate and create.

7. Offline

justin shulman

I've implemented this on my server, it make my server so much better, thanks 69.195.136.152:25565
    Wars of minecraft

8. Offline

angelofdev

Is there a way to limit the amount of members in a faction?

9. Offline

SpiFioY

How can i set max players per faction?

10. Offline

Exidous

Is there any way to force players as they join into faction chat? That would be so freaking sweet.

11. Offline

Brettflan

No problem. I expect to include it in the next official release, anyway.

That would be sensible, I suppose. I'll add that to my to-do list, to allow faction admins to disband their own faction. Currently they'll just need to kick all faction members and then leave the faction themselves; not the most straightforward process.

You can't currently limit the number of players which can join a faction, but you can limit the maximum power any one faction can have using the conf.json setting "powerFactionMax".

Why would you want to do that?

12. Offline

BladeTec

Hello ! I am getting this error upon trying to talk after joining/creating a faction.

CB Version: #1060
    Conflicting plugins: Spout, I guess ?

Code:
    22:04:09 [INFO] [Factions v1.4.7] created new faction 2
    22:04:29 [SEVERE] [Factions v1.4.7] Critical error in chat message formatting! C
    omplete format string: %ºa**Nobleºf 1$s: %2$s
    22:04:29 [SEVERE] [Factions v1.4.7] First half of event.getFormat() string: %
    22:04:29 [SEVERE] [Factions v1.4.7] Second half of event.getFormat() string:  1$
    s: %2$s
    22:04:29 [SEVERE] java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = 'º'
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at java.util.Formatter.checkText(Unknown Source)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at java.util.Formatter.parse(Unknown Source)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.String.format(Unknown Source)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at com.massivecraft.factions.listeners.FactionsPlayerLis
    tener.onPlayerChat(FactionsPlayerListener.java:104)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(Jav
    aPluginLoader.java:279)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist
    eredListener.java:58)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl
    ePluginManager.java:338)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerH
    andler.java:706)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:694)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:3
    3)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.
    java:226)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:89)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetSe
    rverHandler.java:478)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :105)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:454)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:363)
    22:04:29 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    22:04:32 [INFO] [StruckDown] [º6HSFºf]Mark+ºf is protected from StruckDown.
    22:04:32 [SEVERE] [Factions v1.4.7] Critical error in chat message formatting! C
    omplete format string: %ºa**Nobleºf 1$s: %2$s
    22:04:32 [SEVERE] [Factions v1.4.7] First half of event.getFormat() string: %
    22:04:32 [SEVERE] [Factions v1.4.7] Second half of event.getFormat() string:  1$
    s: %2$s
    22:04:32 [SEVERE] java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = 'º'
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at java.util.Formatter.checkText(Unknown Source)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at java.util.Formatter.parse(Unknown Source)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.String.format(Unknown Source)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at com.massivecraft.factions.listeners.FactionsPlayerLis
    tener.onPlayerChat(FactionsPlayerListener.java:104)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(Jav
    aPluginLoader.java:279)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist
    eredListener.java:58)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl
    ePluginManager.java:338)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerH
    andler.java:706)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:694)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:3
    3)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.
    java:226)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:89)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetSe
    rverHandler.java:478)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :105)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:454)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:363)
    22:04:32 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)

13. Offline

ShadowHelper

How can I make custom descriptions? When I change the description in factions.json it spams in console with errors.

14. Offline

Zorkin3

I suggest extended title functions inside the Faction to prevent alliance griefing by newbies. Admin of faction would have permissions to set (like chest access or permissions to build on certain territories).

15. Offline

brown34

sometimes i get an error from "/f home" commands. im spawned underground area and im died

16. Offline

Exidous

so players don't spam chat as soon as they join.

17. Offline

Kaosvf

Hi,
    why don't you use http://dev.bukkit.org/ that the people can subscribe to updates via e-mail?
    Regards.

18. Offline

Nick392

Is their any way to get this to work with herochat? It's hard to listen to certain people when you 20-40 on all in global and I don't really like seeing the chat just fly by I like reading what people are saying.

19. Offline

Wahrheit

@MassiveCraft Odd problem, one faction user can't open chests but another can.

20. Offline

Kaosvf

Hi,
    after the update to the version 1.4.7 sometimes the chest, doors and similar (claimed) are usable by other faction members...

21. Offline

Darkal

Towny Advanced v0.75.1 - Land control and town management + Factions 1.4.7 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief = Compatilibite?

22. Offline

Saul R.W

Use one, I suggest Factions. Towny is extremely buggy and Faction has almost all the features.

23. Offline

T4L_Goose

Factions seems to be the best of the two.

24. Offline

Brettflan

Try this, and let me know if it changes anything:
    /f config chatTagInsertIndex 0

Custom descriptions for safe zone, war zone, and/or factionless? You might want to check the configuration section of the user guide which covers problems with editing conf.json, most of which also apply to editing factions.json.

What, something like faction moderators, or claim ownership by individuals? If so, I think the existing features along those lines are sufficient. If not, please explain what exactly you're after.

Someone built over your faction home or something? You should try setting your faction home again in a definite clear place.

Factions has been on there for a few days now, and there have been no updates since then.

Why are they doing that? Besides, if they want to use faction chat they can enable it quite easily, if not then they can disable it. They always have access to that command. I don't see how defaulting to having it turned on would keep people from spamming normal chat if they want to.

Last I heard the HeroChat author was going to eventually rework the plugin a bit so that it plays nice with other plugins.

Both players in the same faction, and in their own territory? What message does the denied person get when they try? You need to provide more info.

So a player from faction A is able to do stuff in the territory of Faction B, right? There is a known bug in 1.4.7 where allies can bypass ownership if you have it configured where allies can do stuff in allied territory ("territoryAllyProtectMaterials": false, or whatever). If that's definitely not what's happening, can you provide a copy of your Factions data files, the world coordinates where this happened, and the name of the player who was able to bypass it? I can then test it out myself.

25. Offline

BladeTec

That fixed the issue, thanks a bunch !

26. Offline

Jumpingpea

shouldnt there be a command for admins only like /f delete <faction name> because my server has lots of factions i want to get rid of.

the command for making no power loss in cirten areas isnt working:(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  27. Offline

Lanuk

You should sooo add a feature where admins/mods can select a cuboid for setting ownership in a faction base. That would be awesome. Admins would be able to claim certain rooms and such. Maybe make it compatible with Worldedit's cuboid protect function? :3

It's /f disband (faction)

I am pretty sure Factions that have been around a while (time specified in your config file) are auto-deleted though.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    Simon13 likes this.
  28. Offline

brown34

my users need to "allychat" :)

29. Offline

Simon13

I think that Adminss could set the amout of cubes that they want to set. You can use WorldEdit like for Region claiming. You set you Cubes like in WE and Claim your faction territory.

30. Offline

bradgillap

Has anyone got this working with chatmanager? Do you recommend another chat plugin so I can show my faction and my permissions ranks?