Inactive [SEC] EpicZones v0.37 - Polygon Based Area Protection - Now with Economy Support! [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jblaske, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

jblaske

Features
    • Polygonal and Circular area creation. (Not just cuboids!)
    • In-game zone creation.
    • Provide a Circular border to your map.
    • Hierarchical Permissions with Child and Parent Zones.
    • Display Entering and Exiting messages in chat.
    • Enhanced /who
    • Advanced control of zone based regeneration
    • Many zone specific controls for things like Fire, Explosions and Mob spawning control

2. Offline

jblaske

To accomplish this take a look at the alert system channel example on the hero chat thread.

3. Offline

Xemnas33

No wonder it wasn't showing me the enter/exit messages >.<

Thank you!

4. Offline

Jandalf

hey, is there any chance to get 3D zones so that not the full zone from sky to bedrock is protected? but i think for this i need a cubic zone?

5. Offline

Seta

Hey, some setfloor or settop would be nice if you have some time ^^

6. Offline

jblaske

This is all explained in the OP...

Code:
    /zone edit <zonetag>
    /zone floor <number>
    /zone ceiling <number>
    /zone save

7. Offline

Jandalf

oh yes i'll try it out right tomorrow:)

8. Offline

Kainzo

Herochat support!? I guess I'll need to finally release this on our live server.

9. Offline

arthoz

Wondering if you had started on monster control yet and maybe have an ETA on it, as im seeing other monster plugins popping up now ^^;
    --- merged: Feb 20, 2011 12:56 AM ---
    Since i cba walking around making zones ingame, i wanted to make a more visual tool when making them with manually editing zones.txt, since i have minecraft-overviewer for a nice map, and it has this nice region option i made a pythonscript that writes regions.js with colors depending on what flags you have set.

Simple Example: http://mc.griznah.net/zone.html
    Python script if you also want this:
    http://paste.pocoo.org/show/77VUFQy812Nr1dCmbF8P/
    Just edit the first 3 lines to whatever you need and run it. If its not working for you, i will not help you, but i might add some other simple features if they are good enough. Hopefully its easy and nice enough if you want to add some features yourself as well =)

Enjoy and greetings from python newbie arthoz :D

10. Offline

Color42

Is there any chans EpicZones will support "guest area" like cubiod did where you would set default group to "build: true" (or as it was in hmod 0 isntead of -1) and as long plugin was running default couldnt build unless they where in a zone where you added default group to the zone and they could build within the limited area?

11. Offline

jblaske

You should be able to do this buy adding the a build flag to your default group, for whatever area you want to be your guest area.

That's Awesome!

12. Offline

arthoz

13. Offline

Jandalf

is there any possibility to have a - 'epiczones.zone.*.deny' ? or that the defaultvalues ar for every new zone not for the hole world?
    because i want everybody to build and ran around but not in same zones and its nasty to type everytime in the lowest rank the 3 denies and for one user the permission...

14. Offline

Pencil

Is it possible that it doesn't protect the are from fire aka lighters? Would be awesome if you could add that.

15. Offline

Senladar

The zone layout of this mode makes no sense at all.

I have a large square area that I want to make a zone. I enter the zone drawing mode and I go to all 4 corners of the square and select the point. I then save it

I then do /zone floor 0
    I then do /zone ceiling 200
    I then do /zone save

Now you'd think this would make the zone from bedrock --> 200 blocks up (ceiling) inside the entire square. However it does not.

As I walk through my area, I get the exit enter message randomly all over the place.....

What am I doing wrong? my zone is:
    Code:
    town|eeekville|town|pvp:false |Welcome to Eeekville!|Leaving Eeekville :(|0|200||79:624 -201:946 122:946 -271:608 100:624 -222:624 -222:946 100:946 

16. Offline

jblaske

You said it has 4 corners but I see 8 points in your zone definition. That might be an issue. Also, if there is another zone that covers the same area and is not a parent of this zone, you will get this behavior as well.

17. Offline

Jandalf

i think u know but if u dont i only want to remind u of the ENTITY_DAMAGE error in the new CB versions...
    (sorry for nagging)

18. Offline

GmK

And to add to that, you get it as well if you dont set the corners in a clockwise fashion...

19. Offline

jblaske

Thanks for the heads up, I'm running 322 on my server so I've not seen those errors yet. I'll get it taken care of tonight.

arthoz likes this.
  20. Offline

Jandalf

ok and did u see this? :D

21. Offline

jblaske

You are not the first person to request this, and I've stated that i do intend to implement a better way to apply those permissions.

22. Offline

Jandalf

ok thanks:)

23. Offline

nerdnosyd

Here are some errors that bukkit b405jnks is throwing:
    Code:
    2011-02-21 11:44:48 [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor com.bukkit.epicsaga.EpicZones.EpicZones(PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File, File, ClassLoader) is no longer recommended. Go nag the plugin author of EpicZones to remove it! (Nothing is broken, we just like to keep code clean.)
    2011-02-21 11:44:48 [INFO] Created Zone [Spawn Cave]
    2011-02-21 11:44:48 [INFO] Created Zone [OldWorld Welcome]
    2011-02-21 11:44:48 [INFO] Created Zone [portal1]
    2011-02-21 11:44:48 [INFO] [EpicZones] error starting: ENTITY_DAMAGEDBY_ENTITY Disabling plugin
    2011-02-21 11:44:48 [INFO] EpicZones version 0.9 is disabled.

24. Offline

Jandalf

mentioned 6posts above, he's working on it...

25. Offline

jblaske

Ok, Version 0.10 is out now.

Just a few fixes with cleanup for the new bukkit changes.
    Distance should be calculated correctly now.
    Circular zones!

To create a circular zone. Just draw one point. That will be the center. then do /zone radius <radius size>
    and then continue with a /zone save and continue like normal.

Time for bed...

26. Offline

GmK

Btw, maybe I am just too silly, but this happens for us: (exemplary)

- Default build and destroy are false
    - We have three groups: Guest, Player, Admin, all inherting the one before, as it should be.
    - We have two worlds and two zones, one in each. One is called main and one guest, set up properly
    - Guests have: epiczones.guest.build/destroy and epiczones.main.destroy/build.deny (all4 ofc, not like this)
    - Players have epiczone.main.build/destroy
    - Admins have epiczones.ignorepermissions

What happens is, that Players cannot build/destroy in main, at all, while Admins ofc can, and everyone can build/destroy in Guest.

My understanding was, that the permissions go by the inheritance, so that the build permission of Players overwrites the deny build permission of Guests? Or - as it is currently - is it the other way round? If yes, thats making quite a few setups very hard :/

Also, do you have planned to somehow make EZ check the permissions file automatically for changes? As it stands, I have an automatic script promoting Guest to Player, without Admin interference. The thing is, EZ only registers the changed group of players after a server restart. I would really like to have the zones update themselves, so I dont need Admins constantly doing /reloadez.

Apart from that - love it!

27. Offline

CoZmicShReddeR

Great job adding this I just need to understand how in the world EpicZones works been trying all day and got no where nothing saves anywhere... Does this save to a database or somewhere else? Do I have to edit the zone.txt for this to work because I tried that and the only ones that work are the default examples... I want to create a circular zone in spawn is there something else I need to make this work for a default spot? Do I have to create a bigger zone first or can you just add zones all over the place without having a main zone?

Could I get an example because I tried this example
    cwsz|world|CozWorld|pvp:false regen:100:1 |Entering CozWorld Spawn Zone...|Leaving CozWorld Spawn Zone...|0|128||-10:10 10:10 (I want this to be a circular zone about 100 blocks round)

That's just a example of something I tried but seriously need some help here...

28. Offline

Pencil

I have been using this for a while but recently a player burned down our spawn and we noticed this doesn't stop people from lighting stuff on fire :( Any chance you could add that fintandsteel doesn't work?

29. Offline

SliMeY_G

Can't help with anything else, but as per the OP:

30. Offline

GmK

I saw that - but isnt inheritance exactly the other way round, with all the other plugins? The higher the group, the more its permissions settings overwrite what is below? I mean, it works with the epiczones.ignorepermissions - it doesnt stop the group that has it from building in an area which a group below them has .deny to.

It would make much more sense, if inheritances work downwards, so (exemplary)

Guest: epiczones.A.deny
    Player (inherits Guest): epiczones.A.allow

that the allow overwrites the deny.

Oh well...

31. Offline

jblaske

Your zone setup is very close. In the zones.txt you can change it to be a cicurlar zone by only leaving 1 center point and following it with a radius.

Example (using what you have provided)
    Code:
    cwsz|world|CozWorld|pvp:false regen:100:1 |Entering CozWorld Spawn Zone...|Leaving CozWorld Spawn Zone...|0|128||0:0 50
    This would give you a 100 block diameter circle at the center of the map.

To draw a circle in game. Just make sure to only click on one point, then specify a radius. then save it, change other settings and save again. You must save 2 times when creating a new zone.

Thanks for the heads up, please submit this to the issue tracker. I'll get on it as soon as I can (tonight)

@GmK

Sadly, permissions does not tell me if a permission is granted thru inheritance, or if it is explicitly supplied for a group. So with your set up, your Player group, when asking permissions, has the following setup:

Code:
    epiczones.guest.build
    epiczones.guest.destroy
    epiczones.main.destroy.deny
    epiczones.main.build.deny
    epiczones.main.destroy
    epiczones.main.build

Which means when EZ checks permissions it sees an explicit deny for the group.

In your setup, you can do 1 of two things to get the permissions performance you are looking for.

1 (recommended) - Since you have default set to false for build and deny, you can remove the explicit denies from any groups. And only specify allows. This will make it so Players can edit in main and guest, and guests can only edit in guest.

or

2 (not recommended) - Remove the inheritance of player, from guest.