Inactive [SEC] EpicZones v0.37 - Polygon Based Area Protection - Now with Economy Support! [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jblaske, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

jblaske

Features
    • Polygonal and Circular area creation. (Not just cuboids!)
    • In-game zone creation.
    • Provide a Circular border to your map.
    • Hierarchical Permissions with Child and Parent Zones.
    • Display Entering and Exiting messages in chat.
    • Enhanced /who
    • Advanced control of zone based regeneration
    • Many zone specific controls for things like Fire, Explosions and Mob spawning control

2. Offline

xiCrowe

Does this work for the newest version of Bukkit? Please Reply, this looks like a Great Plugin for my Server! :)

3. Offline

Greylocke

Although this does work with the latest RB, I occasionally get fits of errors that require an /ezreload to fix, and the author left the project awhile ago so unless some other developer picks up the code, there will not be any updates. This plugin really should be marked [inactive]

4. Offline

IGuardian

I have this installed on my server, alongside essentials.

I cant place/detonate tnt nor do creepers do damage.

Whats the work-around for this?

5. Offline

Neils

Is this PLugin currently working with 953 ?

6. Hey, I made this video tutorial to show new users to EpicZones the basics - I know this isn't the official video, but hopefully it hopes some newbies out : )

And to answer the above poster's questions the answer is YES

7. Offline

SiqLad69

How can I stop groups from using levers and pressureplates?

8. Offline

youpko

When i try to walk in to an zone that has entry deny the server tried to teleport me but the game client crashes. and have to restart it to play again.

How can i fix this?

bukkit: 953

9. This is an extremely funny bug, but it's also kind of annoying. Whenever someone tries to use a bed in Nether, it... well, it kinda explodes. I don't know if this bug has already been mentioned (sorry if it has) or if a fix has already been made/suggested.

I get this in my console as well.
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_EXPLODE to EpicZones
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.listeners.EntityEvents.onEntityExplode(EntityEvents.java:69)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$59.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:656)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at net.minecraft.server.Explosion.a(Explosion.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.createExplosion(World.java:1459)
    at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.createExplosion(WorldServer.java:145)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockBed.interact(SourceFile:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:219)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:552)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422) 
    Don't be in a rush to fix it, because it's still really really funny.

10. Offline

John309

This was the best plugin... =(

Any recommendations now?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  11. Offline

xsolar66

world guard is the only similar plugin to this..

but it clashes with essentials >.<

12. Offline

Jeametrix

Not true, if you want something similar, and in my opinion one of the best plugins out there try Regios Here.

13. Offline

Neo Omega

Maybe I missed it, but I was wondering... Is there a source code release? At least if the author stopped development, we could at least carry on in some way.

14. Offline

xsolar66

regios doesn't have polygonal zones. Simple fact: I don't build boxes, and to try to contain what I build in a box would be insane

15. Offline

Mighty

wait so im confused, did the owner of the plugin stop developement on it?, because im going to be pissed. dont have any good zone plugins :(

16. Offline

xsolar66

yes

17. Offline

Mighty

thats shitty. every other plugin uses cuboids for region :(

18. The worse ones have you stand in the dead center of your region-to-be and specify how big you want the region to be in relation to where you were standing. It's almost impossible to SPECIFY the center of a non-cuboid region, much less STAND in it...

19. Offline

Greylocke

I know WorldGuard uses polygons. I don't know about any others.

20. Offline

Neo Omega

I dont think it includes as many features as this plugin ... I have zones within zones...

Again, I think it is rather shitty that the author didn't release the source.

21. Code:
    2011-07-18 21:50:38 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_EXPLODE to EpicZones
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.listeners.EntityEvents.onEntityExplode(EntityEvents.java:69)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$61.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:670)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    at net.minecraft.server.Explosion.a(Explosion.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.createExplosion(World.java:1467)
    at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.createExplosion(WorldServer.java:145)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.createExplosion(CraftWorld.java:416)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.createExplosion(CraftWorld.java:412)
    at net.llamaslayers.minecraft.banana.populators.ExplosionPopulator.populate(ExplosionPopulator.java:51)
    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:190)
    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:107)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.<init>(PlayerInstance.java:31)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.a(PlayerManager.java:45)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.movePlayer(PlayerManager.java:141)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:138)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:363)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Hello again! Say hello to my latest java puke! It prints out reams and reams of this crap. It appears to conflict with BananaMaze. Why?

Failing that, can someone point me to a plugin that does what this can do? I'm unwilling to wait for a miracle while my server.log congests while the dev returns...

22. Offline

harrisonduell

I was wondering if you could give build rights for the area...???

23. /zone edit [ZoneTag]
    /zone edit perms [GroupName] build ALLOW
    /zone save

harrisonduell likes this.
  24. Offline

harrisonduell

Im getting a error which is [severe] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE on to EpicZones? What does this mean? Do i have a conflicting plugin?

25. It's a bug. It means the plugin can't recognise a player's movements. Sometimes happens in multi-world setups. Ignore it, despite how awfully it chokes the console/log.

harrisonduell likes this.
  26. Offline

harrisonduell

Ok im completely puzzled by setting permissions for the area, can someone just tell me what to type to give me 'harrisonduell' build rights in a zone tagged spawn...

27. You can't do it depending on player. You have to do it depending on group (which is what Permissions is for). Supposing you were in a group named Admin, and everyone else was in a group named Member...

/zone edit spawn
    /zone edit perms Admin build allow
    /zone edit perms Member build deny
    /zone edit perms Admin destroy allow
    /zone edit perms Member destroy deny
    /zone save

Therefore, if an Admin goes into that area to build, they can. But if a Member goes into that area to build, their changes will be reverted, their used block will be refunded, and they'll be told they can't build there. I'd add the destroy permissions, too. Because building and destroying are different.

28. Offline

harrisonduell

29. Offline

GoSox2525

PLEASE UPDATE THIS! I love this plugin, it is the only one that allows for zones without having to use cuboids, and most of my cities are not rectangles.

30. Offline

arthoz

Actually worldguard has poly-zones as well

31. Offline

GoSox2525

really??? how can i make one with world guard?
    And even if thats true, you cant set enter and exit messages in world guard, or change what mobs spawn inside an area, as far as i know.