Inactive [SEC] EpicZones v0.37 - Polygon Based Area Protection - Now with Economy Support! [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jblaske, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

jblaske

Features
    • Polygonal and Circular area creation. (Not just cuboids!)
    • In-game zone creation.
    • Provide a Circular border to your map.
    • Hierarchical Permissions with Child and Parent Zones.
    • Display Entering and Exiting messages in chat.
    • Enhanced /who
    • Advanced control of zone based regeneration
    • Many zone specific controls for things like Fire, Explosions and Mob spawning control

2. Offline

james1

I am having a problem with this.

By default build and destroy are false.

I have a huge build zone and people have .build and .destroy permissions on their group

This used to work fine but since the update it no longer works. I get the zone messages but as soon as I build I get the you donot have permissions error.

This plugin loads ok without errors.

I am using Essentials 2.1.28 for permissions and Bukkit 617

This is the only thing stopping me getting my server back online :(

Edit: it works ok if I log in as an admin just not as a normal user

3. Offline

jblaske

Complex issues such a this need an issue ticket submitted.

4. Offline

james1

Ok thanks done :)

5. Offline

Ashepherdspie

One question, what are wolves classified as under mobs? Are the animals?

6. Offline

jblaske

No coding has been done for the new version, so you can't specify wolves exactly, they will still fall under All and None tho.

7. Offline

Ashepherdspie

Do you think they will be under animals when they are coded in, or neutral because they can attack?

8. Offline

jblaske

I need to see how they behave. If they attack you on sight like other mobs, then they will be under the hostile mobs category, if they only attack you if you hurt them, then they will be animals

9. Offline

BigRedWood

They do not attack on site. They will only attack you if you hit them first.

Edit: /reloadez doesn't appear to be working in the latest build. Just a heads up.

10. Offline

jblaske

It's been renamed, its now ezreload, any command that any of my plugins have, can now be called with the 2 letter abberviateion... e.g. ezzone, ezwho, ezreload

11. Offline

BigRedWood

Thank you, I must have missed that in the docs.

12. Offline

ctshiner

I think the base issue is just that there is no way to override a default "false" permission anymore. I am having the same issue. If Entry, build, or destroy are set to false by default, there is no combination of permissions I can find that will give them back

EDIT: Just read the issue ticket submitted for this, you really should have something about the .allow flag and how it works in the main post. I didn't even know it existed! However, if any defaults are set to false there is still no way I can find to give them back if you're not in a defined zone. So 'epiczones.<worldname>.<flag>.allow' does not work anymore for undefined areas

Been fiddling around with this a lot tonight and I have another question:

We have a TON of zones and it would be great if we could use the * to set permissions, for example 'epiczones.*.build.deny' and it would revoke build privileges for all zones. Or 'epiczones.city.*.deny' and it would revoke build, destroy, and entry privs for city. Or is this possible and I'm just doing it wrong?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  13. Offline

jblaske

There is a current bug. Your previous allow permissions that looked like this

epiczones.randomzone.build

need to have a .allow on the end, its left over code from when i started refactoring the permissions.

I appologize for letting such an obvious bug get past me. At lest there is a work around.

In sort, your allow permissions should look like this...

epiczones.randomzone.build.allow

Deny permissions should work the same.

14. Offline

Dangazzm

I have a small issue, I think this plugin is letting people build and destroy everywhere except in zones in which I take the ability from them, So I set build and break to false in the config then Noone can build or break outside of zones. Is there a permission node to allow building and breaking in places that aren't parts of zones then? Cause I have a guest rank that shouldn't be able to do either of these. Thank you for the assistance in advance, like I said before this is my favorite zone protection plugin.

15. Offline

Ben Quincy

I just installed this but it keeps looking for group managers and i have permissions. How do i make it work with permissions. Also im not sure if it because its looking for group manager and i dont have it but i cant use any of the commands ...

16. Offline

Dangazzm

Config file change permissions system to Permissions

17. Offline

Ben Quincy

The problem is i can find that in my config file...

Edit: Redownloaded it and i got it :D

Edit 2: Its not letting me use any commands.. i type them and nothing happens... why?

18. Offline

TheHamer

You should add a feature where you can select a cuboid like in WorldGuard, if you did that it would be perfect. Then you could protect a section instead of Bedrock to Sky. Maybe when you select your polygon, you can type in /expand 10 up and that would move your selection 10 up and if you wanted to do Bedrock to Sky you could type in /expand max or something you know? If you could do this, this plugin would be perfect for me =) THANKS!

19. Offline

LordCrazyKing

You can achieve this using the /zone floor and ceiling commands when it edit mode (or change them manually in the config), just remember 0 (or might be 1?) is bedrock level so make sure to check your height when you do it :)

20. Offline

Ben Quincy

You sound like you know this plugin XD Can you give me a hand with my problem. Whenever i use any command related to this nothing happens... I use Permissions and i did input that in the config. any idea why?

21. Offline

TheHamer

Oh lol well I guess that was a silly question =) THANK YOU! =)

22. Offline

Dangazzm

Whats your server logs say? It might be the wrong version you should be using for what version of bukkit you are using..

23. Offline

Ben Quincy

Could not pass event PLAYER MOVE to EpicZone

24. Offline

Dangazzm

That sounds like to me you are using either an old EpicZones, or too new of one. What version of bukkit you runnin?

25. Offline

cronikkk

Its beacuse of the new 1.4 update. It doesn't work for me now either.

26. Offline

Dangazzm

I had mine working on bukkit 556 1.4 update and 617.

27. Offline

cronikkk

The 1.4 update for bukkit it stopped working for me.. :/

28. Offline

Craftee

Does this plugin work for permissons 2.5.5?

29. Offline

Ben Quincy

Im running the latest CB

30. Offline

cronikkk

Yes. But unfortunately its not working for the 1.4 update

31. Offline

Techcuron

Commands don't work.