Inactive [SEC] EpicZones v0.37 - Polygon Based Area Protection - Now with Economy Support! [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jblaske, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

jblaske

Features
    • Polygonal and Circular area creation. (Not just cuboids!)
    • In-game zone creation.
    • Provide a Circular border to your map.
    • Hierarchical Permissions with Child and Parent Zones.
    • Display Entering and Exiting messages in chat.
    • Enhanced /who
    • Advanced control of zone based regeneration
    • Many zone specific controls for things like Fire, Explosions and Mob spawning control

2. Offline

techdesign

Sort of. "List the allowed mobs in the zone" is a bit ambiguous hence my question. Does it mean "allowed" to spawn or "allowed" to enter, or "allowed" to damage players, or.... It appears based on the next post from staticfactory, though, that it just means "allowed to spawn", which answers my question. So with that in mind I'd like to request functionality like the "sanctuary" flag from realms for hmod, which disabled hostile mobs ability to harm you in the zone. This was great for creating islands of safety in the wild!

By the way, I really love this mod! I can't imagine the time it must suck up writing it, not to mention having to deal with people like me nit-picking the wording of the main post! I've written documentation before and know how grueling that can be!

3. Offline

raymondes

Is it possible to set up a guest build area with this plugin, and if not is there ANY way to set up a guest build area with bukkit?

4. Offline

SoapFlakes

Does anyone know how to integrate the zones from EpicZones into Minecraft Overviewer?

5. Offline

Lareneon

When I type /zone create test I get :
    Example: /zone c
    Reate [tag] - Creates a new zone with the provided tag.

No message in game or in the console. And there are never any error msgs for ez in the console. Help?

I am running group manager, essentials, and heroicdeath for and with build 531.

6. Offline

jblaske

Make sure you have permissions and that ez isn't disabled.

7. Offline

Lareneon

Im an op. So I should able to use any command right?
    And how would I find out if epic zones was disabled?
    Btw I'm currently using group manager.

8. Offline

adde

i got an error that it says it cant find permissions system GroupManager i have groupmanager and permission's i tryed to delete permissions but didnt work help please! i need this!

9. Offline

pk910

heya

i'm getting this error:
    Code:
    04:20:34 [SCHWERWIEGEND] Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM to EpicZones
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.onPlayerItem(LPlayer.java:150)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:202)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:457)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

10. Offline

Color42

CB493 EZ0.18

2011-03-20 14:04:33 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to EpicZones
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.General.pointWithinBorder(General.java:457)
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.PlayerWithinZoneLogic(LPlayer.java:214)
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.onPlayerMove(LPlayer.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:155)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:123)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)

and many more spams console

11. Offline

4am

CB556

11:19:35 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM to EpicZones
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.onPlayerItem(LPlayer.java:150)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:202)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:457)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)

This happened when a user without permission was stuck outside the radius limit (i gave permissions, TP'd, and then took permissions away). They tried to use a steel & flint while stuck which threw the error; perhaps just have a simple log message instead?

EDIT: I recreate this much more reliably if I click the Stick in draw mode without having a target (i.e. @ the sky, or at a block that is too far away).

12. Offline

dwarmia

i am realy noob at this, but i installed this.
    i created a couple zone, how can i let just me can build in that zones ?

13. Offline

4am

OK, maybe I'm just not getting this...

I made zones for my player's homes. I don't see a way to set the build/destroy/entry flags to false on a per-zone basis.

I understand how to set them on a Permissions level and then write exceptions; does this mean for every zone I create, I have to explicitly state denials in all my groups, and then override and allow certain groups/players who SHOULD have permissions?

That would mean either lots of editing each time I make a zone, or setting up all my Groups again in a hierarchy which inherits all the way down to Default. Unless I'm missing something.

I set the default build, destroy, and entry to false in my config.yml, and this prevents players from moving (You do not have permissions to enter zone world) unless I give them epiczones.world.entry, at which point it seems they can roam free into ANY zone! (I assume within the map called "world", which is my one and only at the moment until Backup and WorldEdit support multiworld restore)

Why don't zones have build, destroy, and entry as flags on a per-zone basis (like the pvp: or mobs:, etc)? For example, it would make much more sense to be able to define a "land plot"-type zone with a build:false flag, then add "epiczones.landplot.build" to the appropriate user; or to create a "town" zone with an entry:true flag, then assign epiczones.goodtown.entry.deny to their rivals, badtown.

Especially when you get into situations where you want to change the permissions quickly with GroupManager's live permissions editing, having so many lines to edit currently leaves me keeping zones wide open for everything.

Is there a way to do what I'm looking to do without tons of YAML changes each time a new zone is made?

14. Offline

jblaske

This is all possible with the current system.

If you can create a support ticket with all your configs attached, and an explanation of exactly what you are trying to do, I'll be able to show you what your configs should look like.

15. Offline

Kaffeetrinker

Hey, i got a question: i created a area for a public house and then set
    epiczones.myzone.build.deny
    epiczones.myzone.destroy.deny
    as permissions so that nobody will destroy it. but now the problem: the building has a door, which is unuseable because: You dont have permissions to destroy in this zone.

16. Offline

jblaske

Right click on doors, don't left click on them...

17. Offline

Kaffeetrinker

18. Offline

turtlelink2

I have read this up and down a ton of times and I cant figure this out, any player who does not have the epiczones.ignorepermissons permisson cannot do anything even though i have not set up a region yet

19. Offline

tustin2121

I'm getting an error while running on a remote server (via unix's screen command) that EpicZones disables because it "Can't connect to window server - not enough permissions". I read that this java error pops up when working remotely, but why is it popping up on EpicZones?

Note that this error popped up when I tried to create a zone (when zones.txt was empty) and when I tried to start it up (when I supplied a sample zone manually in zones.txt). And after the latter case, anytime ANYONE MOVES, NullPointerExceptions are spewed to the console. I don't understand why EpicZones would want the "window server"...? :oops:

stacktrace (open)
    Code:
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'zone' in plugin EpicZones v0.17
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:33)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:183)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:619)
           at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:582)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:576)
           at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to window server - not enough permissions.
            at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1823)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1720)
            at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
            at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1045)
            at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1592)
            at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:1614)
            at java.awt.Rectangle.<clinit>(Rectangle.java:156)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.Zone.<init>(Zone.java:54)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.CommandHandlers.ZoneCommandHandler.Create(ZoneCommandHandler.java:1
    19)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.CommandHandlers.ZoneCommandHandler.onCommand(ZoneCommandHandler.java:56)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.EpicZones.onCommand(EpicZones.java:146)        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:31)
            ... 12 more

UPDATE: I think I found a workaround for this: if you start craftbukkit with the command line switch -Djava.awt.headless=true, it seems function fine. Turns out that using the java.awt package (even things like Rectangle) will cause java.awt to load a toolkit, which tries and connects to a "window server", which it doesn't have on remote systems, but it does when running locally. Sheesh....

20. Offline

turtlelink2

Fixed it, the entry check doesnt check often enough, it just causes me to walk slowly, not keep me out, can I adjust that?

21. Offline

Kartus

i have config errors sometimes, i don't know when it shows.
    EpicZones 0.18 / #556
    GroupManager v1.0 alpha-5, with permissionsbridge
    http://pastebin.com/YpH7qmsv

22. Offline

jblaske

Just wanted to let everybody know that progress is going well on version 0.19

But it won't be relased until there is a recommended build post 561, as the next reccomended build will break EZ entirely, if i were to keep coding agains what is currently supported.

So, instead of having to make all the changes, then fix them all a day later, i'm just planning on a reccomended build with the new changes instead.

Heads up to everybody, the permissions nodes are changing

Instead of the old node format of 'epiczones.zonetag.flag[.deny]'
    permissions will now look like this 'epiczones.flag.allow.parentzone.childzone' in their fullest form. Permissions now will nest just like the zones do with parents. And the flags and allow/deny are closer to the front so you can globlally deny and allow things.

More will be coming to better explain how it all works when 0.19 is out, i just wanted everybody to know in advance that you WILL NEED TO UPDATE YOUR PERMISSIONS when you switch to 0.19

23. Offline

Jandalf

thanks for the info and the great work:)

24. I dunno what's happening, I just installed this plugin, I have permissions installed and I'm in a group with permissions: '*' and when I type /zone I don't get any output, neither to /zone create <name> and neither to rightclicking with sticks after that... is there something I missed ?

Oh, I also set enableRadius: false since I couldn't move since I'm far away from the original spawn point xD

25. Offline

tustin2121

This is a common problem: The '*' permission sets every permission, including the 'epiczones.ignorepermissions' permission. Include in your admin's permission list after the '*' the permission 'epiczones.admin'. This will make sure that specifically (and only??) the 'epiczones.admin' permission is included, which allows creation and modification of zones.

26. =) but would '*' and '-epiczones.ignorepermissions' work right ?

EDIT: ah nvm it works with '-epiczones.ignorepermissions' but I forgot to set permissionSystem: Permissions xD

27. Offline

jblaske

Please create an issue ticket and provide the required information, so that you can be accurately helped.

28. permissionSystem: Permissions, that was the issue, nvm :}

EDIT: yeah great, now I can't freaking move, "You do not have permission to enter world."... this is really a pain to configure...

29. Offline

jblaske

It's not recommended to set the default entry to False.

If you open up an issue, i'll be glad to help you configure what you are looking to create.

30. I didn't even get to make a zone yet because I can't move as soon as I enter the server saying "You do not have permission to enter world.", that's why I disabled and re-enabled those settings... I also deleted the two locations, the file is empty (apart from the comments) and I got '*' and '-epiczones.ignorepermissions' permissions... so what's up with that ?

31. Offline

aehoooo

Can we set inverted zones or multiple map radiouses? Better would be inverted zones, u create an entire world protected zone but not the selection. Then u could add a sencondary, tird forth building zones, but world would remain protected.