Inactive [SEC] EpicZones v0.37 - Polygon Based Area Protection - Now with Economy Support! [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jblaske, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

jblaske

Features
    • Polygonal and Circular area creation. (Not just cuboids!)
    • In-game zone creation.
    • Provide a Circular border to your map.
    • Hierarchical Permissions with Child and Parent Zones.
    • Display Entering and Exiting messages in chat.
    • Enhanced /who
    • Advanced control of zone based regeneration
    • Many zone specific controls for things like Fire, Explosions and Mob spawning control

2. Offline

jblaske

Are you editing the right zones.txt file? What is the path to the file?

3. Offline

ctshiner

it is serverroot/plugins/EpicZones/zones.txt

I could zip up my server setup if you want to take a look at it.. I reaaaally want this to work

4. Offline

jblaske

That's fine. Submit an issue to the tracker with everything attached.

5. Offline

Serejai

This plugin doesn't seem to work with b493. When I first installed it, the test zones were working properly. After adding my own zones, the entire plugin stopped working. Even if I reinstall it the test zones no longer work.

The first few lines of my zones.txt are
    Show Spoiler
    test1|world|Test Zone 1|pvp:false regen:false nomobs:false|Entering Test Zone 1...|Leaving Test Zone 1...|0|128|test2 |-20:20 20:20 20:-20 -20:-20
    test2|world|Test Zone 2|pvp:false regen:false nomobs:false|Entering Test Zone 2...|Leaving Test Zone 2...|0|128||-10:10 10:10 10:-10 -10:-10
    gracktown|world|Grack Town|pvp:false regen:true|Welcome to Grackville!|Now leaving Grackville|0|128||-48:-73 -48:-85 -18:-108 38:-109 75:-78 75:-54 63:-54 0:-39

I don't see anything wrong with my own, and considering the default test zones don't work either I'm fairly confident saying it's not an issue with zones.txt, but with the plugin itself somewhere.

The only thing I see changed other than updating my my map from 1.1 to 1.3 is the addition of permissionSystem: GroupManager in config. I changed it to Permissions, and even deleted it outright. Neither seem to fix the plugin.

6. Offline

ctshiner

Somehow I got it working.. started over again on my linux box with no hitches. Only one more question:
    I would like it so all permissions are denied by default (i assume that is done on first 3 lines of config file set to false.)
    I then give the default user 'epiczones.world.entry' so they can move. However, any zones I create from then on everybody automatically has access to. Is this because any zone inside the world inherits the worlds permissions, like a child zone or something?

7. Offline

Adam Shefki

This is an incredibly niche need, but is it possible to set up a zone so that it runs a command when entered?

I need the ability to set a player's group when they step through/into a specific area.

ctshiner likes this.
  8. Offline

rareshutzu

Too many comments to read XD. Sorry if it was asked before. But can you make a zone with more than one flag?

9. Offline

jblaske

Yes

10. Offline

tustin2121

By the way, thank you for adding the specific error printing functionality. I just updated my server to 1.3 (I was waiting for all the tools I was using to update and for notch to fix a terrible freezing bug on my mac...which hasn't happened yet but I found a workaround) anyway!

The latest version told me what was wrong with my zones file (the one I posted several pages ago now), so thank you thank you thank you! :D

11. Offline

imaxorz

Whenever I try to use /zone create name it acts like I just type /zone and shows me help instead of telling me to click points with the stick.

I have CB 440

12. Offline

jblaske

Fix your permissions.

13. Offline

imaxorz

My permissions are set to '*' for all commands, and everything works except this.

14. Offline

Adam Shefki

This plugin is awesome.

One little nitpick: Am I right in concluding that there is no way to have a parent zone with an enter and exit text, and child zones within that parent zone with their own enter and exit texts as well?

For example, I set up a small zone, and give it an enter and exit text, and it works fine, and denies entry, and does what it's supposed to.

Then, when I make a bigger zone around it and set the first small zone as a child of this bigger zone, the smaller zone stops functioning entirely - no more enter or exit text, and it no longer denies entry.

Am I missing something obvious, here?

15. Offline

Silentspy

Code:
    02:36:23 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to EpicZones
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.General.pointWithinBorder(General.java:446)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.PlayerWithinZoneLogic(LPlayer.java:214)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.onPlayerTeleport(LPlayer.java:112)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$8.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:160)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:270)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleportTo(CraftPlayer.java:163)
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:327)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:155)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:123)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

Code:
    02:36:23 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to EpicZones
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.General.pointWithinBorder(General.java:446)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.PlayerWithinZoneLogic(LPlayer.java:214)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.onPlayerMove(LPlayer.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:155)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:123)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

getting this when i port to my other world (nether)

using
    CB 493(i tried 440 and 432 aswell..)
    multiverse 1.5
    Groupmanager 1.0 - 03 alpha (tried 0.99 aswell)

my permission file

Code:
    groups:
      kriminell:
        default: false
        permissions: []
        inheritance:
        - bygger
        info:
          prefix: '&d'
          build: false
          suffix: ''
      trusted:
        permissions:
        - epiczones.spawn.build.deny
        inheritance:
        - bygger
        info:
          prefix: '&6'
          build: true
      gjest:
        default: true
        permissions:
        - epiczones.world.build.deny
        - epiczones.world.destroy.deny
        - essentials.helpop
        - essentials.list
        - essentials.msg
        inheritance: []
        info:
          prefix: ''
          build: false
      admins:
        permissions:
        - '*'
        inheritance:
        - mods
        info:
          prefix: '&c'
      bygger:
        permissions:
        - epiczones.arena.build.deny
        - epiczones.arena.destroy.deny
        - epiczones.spawn.build.deny
        - epiczones.spawn.destroy.deny
        inheritance:
        - gjest
        info:
          prefix: '&a'
      mods:
        permissions:
        - epiczones.ignorepermissions
        - epiczones.zone
        - essentials.back
        - essentials.broadcast
        - essentials.gc
        - essentials.home
        - essentials.tp
        - essentials.tphere
        - essentials.tppos
        - essentials.whois
        inheritance:
        - trusted
        info:
          prefix: '&b'

16. Offline

jblaske

I have a very similar setup on my server, and it functions properly, please submit an issue ticket with all of the required info so i can better help you.
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 3:08 AM ---
    If you wouldn't mind submitting this as an issue ticket with your epic zones config and zones.txt as well, that would be great.

17. Offline

Silentspy

ticket issued :)

18. Offline

habbah

Hey could i give my users a "Permissions" command to allow them to create there own zones? and what is that command?

19. Offline

imaxorz

So I have a no PvP area A. Within area A I want to make area B with PvP on. I created area B, set A as parent of B, and edited area's B flag for pvp true.

Did I do this right? Its still not working for me. I do have WorldGuard in the same area, and I was wondering if thats the problem. Although, I did the samething with world guard.

20. Offline

fifth

So far this looks like the best spawn-protect plugin I've found.

One thing, is it possible to turn monsters on in a zone when the world is generally set to no mobs? Is it possible to make this possible? Because that would be FANTASTIC.

21. Offline

jblaske

No, you can't do that with this plugin. But you can use it to simulate the regen of no mob mode.

Just add a zone that coveres your whole map and give it a regen that is similar to that of peaceful mode.
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 3:27 AM ---
    Did you enable PVP in your server.properties

22. Offline

imaxorz

Yes I did, I found out what the problem was. It was because of Towny. Residents of the same town could not have PvP. Thank you :)

23. Offline

MrCamping

Is there anyway to know, in--game, what zone you're in and what are its permissions/properties?
    Something like hitting a block with a stick?

Also, How it works for creating regions from sky to bedrock? What if I place my points at different height level?

Is it normal that WG to EpicZone converter doesnt transfer pvp flags?

I want to transfer from WG to epic zone, but my world really depend on area protection, and I want to make sure transfer goes smoothly.

24. Offline

Jandalf

1. no there isnt any why i think, only with /who u get the player standing in your zone.
    2. it automatic creates it like that, when u want not so deep/high zones u could change it in the zones file (ceiling,floor)

25. Offline

jblaske

As @Jandalf has already covered, the zones are by default from 0 to 128, you can change that when editing a zone with the floor and ceiling commands.

As for finding out the zone you are in and info on that zone, you can /who to see what zone you are in. and then /zone info <tag> to see all the info on that zone.

/zone list will also list out all the zones you have, to see at a glance.

The WG to EZ converter is more to get your file ready at a basic state, you will need to review it and make additional changes as you see fit after the conversion process.

26. Offline

habbah

Hey could i give my users a "Permissions" command to allow them to create there own zones? and what is that command?

27. Offline

jblaske

No, EpicZones does not currenly support zone ownership delegation.

if you want users to be able to create zones, then you must give them full access to the admin controls of EpicZones.

28. Offline

scopiton

Hi Dev!

I like a lot your plugin, it's totally amazing!
    But I've 2 requests about your plug-in. Can you implement a flag that delete a mobs when it enters in a zone? Like the plugin "Towny" do.
    Moreover, Towny have a very cool feature, the map that shows zone. (http://towny.xshade.ca/tutorial). Do you think that you can add it to EpicZone?

Kindest regards, Scopit

29. Offline

Silentspy

Really appreciate the quick support i had on the last matter, which will be fixed in next update :)

however i got another question related to permissions, as of now i put epiczones.world.build.deny in my default group(which shouldn't be able to do anything), so they cant destroy anything in the world, and i add epiczones.world.build to my build group which should be able to destroy anything outside my spawn area, but this do not happen, its as if it denies all group up to admins completely.

any help is greatly appreciated

30. Offline

jblaske

Does your build group inherit from default? If so, they have both allow and deny permissions, which means they get denied.

31. Offline

Silentspy

yep, any solution around this?