[SEC] ChunkScrambler 0.9.3 an addon to Orebfuscator anti X-RAY! [1.0.1-R1/1597|1.1-R1/1714]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lishid, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Darkhand81

Is it that easy? Can the displayed seed be changed at the server without affecting world generation, without having to resort to something like Spout on the client?

2. Offline

TheGurw

Hmmm....I seem to remember seeing a Bukkit plugin for it somewhere, but I can't find it now. And looking over the javadocs, I don't see anything springing out at me that screams "worldseed display related". It might not be possible without Spout on the server, but the player won't need Spoutcraft. You could always ask in Bukkit IRC.

3. Offline

md_5

4. Offline

lishid

Oh right, I forgot...

That will affect how the clients see the world.
    The client uses the seed sent from the server to calculate biome locations.
    For example, they might see an ocean biome (in the server) rendered as a swamp biome (dark grass, dark water) if the seeds don't match the original.

5. Offline

md_5

Approved

6. Offline

Darkhand81

Ah ha, that clarifies things!

In that case, I second the request for choosing which generators are randomized, and the inclusion of GenStronghold!

I also can't stand the 3 stronghold limit... In addition to randomizing the locations, would taking over that generator allow for more than 3?

7. Offline

lishid

1.0 allows multiple stronghold no?

Also, I would refer you here for customized generators
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...event-x-ray-hacks-1-0-1-r1.48327/#post-848982

8. Offline

Darkhand81

It was planned for 1.0 but never implemented in time, Jeb mentioned it on Twitter. You can also confirm with a tool like Amidst; you won't find more than 3 in any seed you enter.

Ah ha, I see the issue. Personally, I pre-generate my world out to a circle with a 5000 block radius, and set a worldborder. That way the server doesn't have to spend time generating chunks in a production environment. (plus I get a nice pretty Dynmap :)). So higher memory/CPU during generation is of no concern to me! :)

9. Offline

kalllta4hblu

И че он дает:?

10. Offline

Darkhand81

@lishid Forgive me if I'm still displaying a misunderstanding of the way this works. :) Since it looks to be proving difficult to implement configurable gens, and people are having trouble with tree generation, is it possible to just remove the modified tree generator? In fact, is it possible to only include a modified ore generator in a version (i.e. no modification to flowers, trees, dirt, etc, unless they're tied to each other somehow)? I'd use that right this second. :D Thanks for your hard work!

11. Offline

lishid

It doesnt work that way.
    The Random generator is passed on for each action, and modifying the ore generation will affect everything that comes after it. I'm still trying to think of a more convenient method of overcoming that problem...

12. Offline

Darkhand81

Ah ha, got it. And now I see what you meant back in post #24, how you don't want to have to take over every single generator manually since they'll break after each update.

13. Offline

lishid

OMG I just found out something is wrong in the coding that makes the generation of some stuff missing and totally screwed up!!!
    Working on a fix right now that should fix everything! (generators will still not be customizable but who cares, it will generate the same number of everything in the chunk like the original map, just at different locations!)

Anybody willing to test this version?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18947504/ChunkScrambler.jar

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  14. Offline

Darkhand81

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  15. Offline

lishid

So weird... I'll double check my coding...

16. Offline

lishid

New version 0.9.2, fixed a JavaReflection problem that caused the previous fix not working at all...

17. Offline

Darkhand81

Will test it out as soon as I'm home from work! (Or as soon as I get a chance to SSH to my minecraft serever :))

18. Offline

lishid

It seemed fine on my test server earlier.

19. Offline

Chipmunk9998

I never even thought about xrayers doing that. Great, I'll have to use this on my server.

20. Offline

BlockKilltman

Ahh, this will be really great for my server. :) Good job.

21. Offline

Darkhand81

I haven't done a comparison yet, but it looks to be working correctly, and on build 1714, Minecraft 1.1 too!

22. Offline

lishid

heh then everything should work...
    Do you get anything in the console? (errors)

23. Offline

Darkhand81

Nope! Clean console. I'll try pre-generating a bunch of land with worldborder and see how it handles that.

24. Offline

lishid

Cool, thanks for testing!

Cake for you :D

25. Offline

Darkhand81

No problem at all! This is going to be an absolutely vital plugin for any server that takes itself seriously.

26. Offline

lishid

Btw, newest version (0.9.3) to anyone who wants to run on a currently unstable 1.1 server.
    Don't update if you have the 1.0.1 server!

27. Offline

ang146

what is 1.1-R1/1714...
    is it work with minecraft 1.1.0???
    and where can i download it...?

28. Offline

lishid

ci.bukkit.org

29. Offline

ang146

oh,thank you~!!!

30. Offline

RawCode

alternative method is possible, just patchout netloginhandler and serverconfigurationmanager for seedreporting packets (login and respawn), this is hardcoded method, but allow you to hide seed completely and without changing actual world.
    same is possible by packet handling via spout or nethandler replacement.