Inactive [SEC] AntiNyan - Protection against the crash exploits in the NyanClient [1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Spitteh, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Offline

Spitteh

THIS PROJECT IS LOCATED ON DEV.BUKKIT
    This thread serves as a placeholder for the dev.bukkit.org page for this project, which can be found here.​
    Description
    This plugin implements a very simple fix to protect servers against the Nyan client's "-crash tp" and "click tp" features.​
    Users of the Nyan client attempting to use these exploits will be kicked from the server once the attempt is detected.​
    • The "-crash tp" command attempts to crash the server by overloading movements/exploiting the teleport functionality. Usage of this command on an unprotected server may produce out of memory errors or other behaviour.
    • The click teleporting allows the client to click on a location to travel there.
    In testing this mod there does not appear to be any adverse side-effects on normal teleportation or movement, however I am not able to guarantee that the mod will not produce any unexpected results. This mod is provided as-is, and I am not able to take responsibility for any failures or unexpected behaviour. This said, please do feel free to report bugs to me, or make requests for additional features. (I like to keep things sane and centralised, so when possible please make comments/bug reports on dev.bukkit.org)​
    Changelog
    • Very simple protection against "click tping" and "-crash tp" exploits in the Nyan client.

2. Offline

teetor

Genius...

3. Offline

md_5

Approved