[SEC/ADMN] CoreProtect v2.0 - Fast Block Logging / Rollbacks / Now With Chest Rollbacks [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Intelli, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Offline

KingFaris10

I LOVE YOU!!! This Plugin Is AWESOME <3 <3 No Homo.
    This plugin has saved my life (In real life) and all my server players lives (in minecraft life)!
    I'd really like to donate but my parents would not let me unless I get something really good in return, but still its the thought that counts!

Please carry on developing and updating this plugin!

2. Offline

johnhardwood

Im going to have uninstall this. Its so buggy crashes my server daily for no apparent reason.

3. Offline

ray73864

Do you use worldedit? If so, turn off the worldedit logging in the config.yml file.

4. Offline

johnhardwood

Yes its turned off. It will crash 1-4 times a day. I have the error log and I posted it.

5. Offline

Djinni

Hi,
    I'm not really sure if this error I got needs to be posted here or on the backup plugin page but here goes:

Code:
    22:54:37 [SEVERE] [Backup] Failed to copy server: IO Exception.
    22:54:37 [SEVERE] [Backup] Please provide following error with support request:
    22:54:37 [INFO] java.io.IOException: Failed to copy full contents from '.\plugins\CoreData\p\djinnii.dat' to 'backups\temp\20120730-225225\plugins\CoreData\p\djinnii.dat'
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at com.bukkitbackup.plugin.utils.FileUtils.doCopyFile(FileUtils.java:315)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at com.bukkitbackup.plugin.utils.FileUtils.doCopyDirectory(FileUtils.java:263)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at com.bukkitbackup.plugin.utils.FileUtils.doCopyDirectory(FileUtils.java:261)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at com.bukkitbackup.plugin.utils.FileUtils.doCopyDirectory(FileUtils.java:261)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at com.bukkitbackup.plugin.utils.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:221)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at com.bukkitbackup.plugin.threading.BackupTask.doEverythingBackup(BackupTask.java:173)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at com.bukkitbackup.plugin.threading.BackupTask.processBackup(BackupTask.java:107)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at com.bukkitbackup.plugin.threading.BackupTask.run(BackupTask.java:72)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    22:54:37 [INFO]        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    22:54:44 [INFO] [Backup] Finished Backup!
    22:54:44 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    22:54:44 [INFO] CONSOLE: Enabling level saving..

6. Offline

Maxadax

Best plugin I've ever installed, thanks!

7. Offline

Sway

Intelli could you have this log chat, and in game pm, maybe even log ore breaks? :3

8. Offline

Ethrock

I saw earlier was asked about 1.3 pre-release. My concern is for 1.3 Full release which is today. How soon will you be compliant with the newest RB of bukkit? Average how long will this take you (to also log all new blocks such as tripwires etc).

This plugin looks fantastic and I'm seeking to have a replacement for Logblock since their status is so hard to track and the reliance on MySQL has recently lost us a large amount of data.

9. Offline

MindlessKyle

Why is bukkit dev so far behind? You have v1.5 on here, and the latest on dev is v1.42.

10. Offline

Intelli

The plugin works perfectly with 1.3
    There will be no 1.3 update, as it's not needed.

Tanite likes this.
  11. Offline

Kevin Forte

Can logging of killed entities be added? i.e. Logging of when a player kills a monster/another player?

12. Offline

maccamarley

please could someone reply asap. can this plugin rollback chests? i got griefed on a server with this plugin, someone stole all my stuff and i need to rollback the chest to get ll the items to come back. please could someone tell me if this is possible? thanks.

13. Offline

Viet

I love this plugin, however it takes up alot of hard disk. I used it for 5 days on my highly populated server and it takes up 6GB on the Hard drive. Please update the plugin, and perhaps reduce the data weight, thank you very much :)

14. Offline

Kylemcqueen75

This is Close to a Flawless plugin (For what it is going for, no mySQL and all that) but i have one complaint. I have used this plugin for Tekkit and it works great, but when not using a MySQL the file storage becomes almost impossible to delete unless you have direct access to the server box. (Not threw a FTP/Multicraft/ect). I don't know if this is because i use it on a tekkit server, but sadly i have to change plugins just due to the fact i can't delete the "CoreProtect" folder with-out contacting my host. :/

15. Offline

misteryman321

ummm....i got griefed and i fixed it but when i restored it the griefer took the items and i banned him how do i get the items back

16. Offline

ray73864

If you use something like multiinv, you could potentially go into the griefers multiinv inventory and get them that way.

17. Offline

misteryman321

I also have openinv plugin where i can open people's inventory like that and its not in there. i mean this guy destroyed building and took items and threw it away, and when i recover the buildings and i inspect the chests that that one griefer took all the items and when i check the chest its empty.i need somthing that can recover's the chest's items after they've stolen,but thanks for the suggestion anyways

18. Offline

Sway

I believe you can use MySQL, that should help.

19. Offline

ray73864

Indeed you can, it is what we ended up doing as it was getting out of hand quite quickly with all the worlds we have.

20. Offline

Sway

i feel ya there, i only have 5 GB SSD so if i don't use SQL i'm kinda boned.

21. Offline

ray73864

That's just nasty.

Our issue was that i only set up a 10GB Ramdrive for the game, coreprotect's data pretty quickly filled it up, i eventually symlinked to a directory on the HDD itself, but that was just slow and still consuming disk space.

Went the best option available which was SQL, also allows me if i want to make a pretty web-interface for our admin and mods.

Yaml files are nice, but when you want to do webstuff, they are excruciatingly painful and slow to work with in PHP.

22. Offline

Sway

if you do decide to make a web interface let me know, i am replacing Hawkeye with this plugin as it obviously outperforms it, and i only used hawkeye because i could read logs, and find possible X-ray users :p

ray73864 likes this.
  23. Offline

dark_hunter

1.3.1-R1 works great, thank you.

Make sure the .license file is there.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  24. Offline

ray73864

Will do, not sure when i will find time during my busy work schedule, but yeah, i was thinking ability to search by player, event, etc...

25. Offline

Sway

could always modify the hawkeye web interface to work with core protect it shouldn't be too hard to do :3

26. World edit selection support ?

27. Offline

dark_hunter

28. Offline

TheNHS

Can I have the link to download the version that works with 1.3.1

29. Offline

dark_hunter

30. Offline

TheNHS