[SEC/ADMN] Commandments v1.0.0 - Moses got nothing on these commandments [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by oliverw92, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Offline

oliverw92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Commands is a brand new plugin concept. It aims to give you, the server owner, absolute control over what events happen on your server. This isn't just an anti-griefing plugin, or a chat filter, or a blacklist. This is all of those things and more. Commandments opens up as many events on your server as possible and provides you with direct control of them.​

How does it work?
    The concept of this plugin revolves around you creating a set of 'rules'. These 'rules' are made in a file with a host of options and actions you can perform inside of them. Each rule specifies one or more 'event' that it should trigger on. You can then provide a RegEx pattern that the event should match. If the event matches the pattern, it applies any of the 'actions' you set - deny, warn, notify ops etc.​
    At first you may be thinking 'well that isn't very special'. Pause for a minute and just imagine what control that can give you over your server.​
    Where can I find more info?
    [​IMG]

Examples?
    Example 1 - Basic block blacklist:

Below is a very basic block blacklist. It stops the placement/breaking of TNT, bedrock and lava source blocks in any world. It also notifies people with the commandments.notify permission that the person has tried to get around it.​
    Code:
        block-blacklist:
            events:
            - block-break
            - block-place
            pattern: \b(46|7|10|11)\b
            action:
                warn: true
                deny: true
                notify: true
            notify-message: '&cALERT: &7%PLAYER% attempted to place %MATCH% in &c%WORLD%'
            warn-message: '&cYou are not allowed to use %MATCH% in %WORLD%!'
    Example 2 - Language filter:
    This rule is a language filter that even applies to signs and commands. The event is cancelled on match and the player is sent a warning. The admins group is excluded from the filter​
    Code:
        language-filter:
            events:
            - chat
            - command
            - sign-place
            pattern: (\b(hell|ass(\s?(hat|rape|lick|hole|holes|es))?|crap|anal(beads)?|rape|(god?)?dam(n|m?it)|tits?(ies|ty))\b|(bitch(y|ing|ier)?|cock\s?(sucker|sucking|licker|lover)?|anus|fag(got)?|vagina|bar?star?d|penis|f(a|u|o|e)ck(er|ing|ed|s)?|piss(ed|ing|off)?|sh(a|i)t(e|ier|tier|balls|ty)?|boobs?|twat(waffle)?))
            action:
            exclude-groups:
            - admins
            warn-message: '&cThis is a &7g-rated&c server -&7 %MATCH%&c is considered
                swearing here!'
    These are very basic examples of what can be achieved with Commandments. See the Wiki for more information and examples.

How can I help you?

Making Bukkit plugins takes a lot of time, however I do it as a hobby. Because of this I don't expect any kind of donation from anyone. The best way people can help me out is by simply spreading the word about HawkEye and providing me with decent bug reports if you find issues. If you would still like to make a donation to my coding-beer fund, feel free to use the following link:

[​IMG]

Changelog

Version 1.0.0
    • Plugin released=
    More available on the wiki

[​IMG]

Plugin originally created for MinecraftCC.com

2. Offline

ThePoopfish

Looks interesting might try it after 1.8 update :]

3. Offline

DaClowns

I may also try after 1.8 Looks AWESOME!

4. Offline

oliverw92

Thanks guys, but why not try before then - 1.8 isn't out until September!

5. Offline

Butkicker12

How did you find out when it is going to be out?

6. Offline

chernobyl360

it doesnt come out till after pax...

7. Offline

Butkicker12

im sorry whats pax...this is off topic sorry @oliverw92

8. Offline

oliverw92

9. Offline

ThePoopfish

I will definitely do local testing on my own rig, looks promising.

10. Offline

Plague

changelog has to show at least two versions here and without a spoiler

11. Offline

oliverw92

Done

12. Offline

Drat333

Before I download, how does this plugin differ from WorldGuard's denying capabilities?

13. Offline

Bronski

Looks like it's a lot more powerful in the hands of someone that knows how to wield such power *brandishes lightsaber at you*

Erm...

14. Offline

Drat333

Sooo... is that an "I have no idea, but I do like me some lightsabers?"

15. Offline

oliverw92

Bronksi is actually quite right - it gives you a LOT more power in one single location. There are almost 30 different events you can control - way more than WorldGuard. You can customise all the messages, exclude groups, provide custom pattern matching etc. If you look on the wiki there are some examples of how versatile it is.

16. Offline

oliverw92

Going to add mob spawning soon.

17. Offline

Forecaster

Using CB1060 and commandments 1.0 you get kicked if you break two leaf blocks in quick suggestion. The plugin tells you that you're not allowed to place water.
    Breaking the leaves with a few seconds in between does not trigger the kick and warning.

There is no console output.

What follows is the entire contents of my config file:
    Config (open)
    rules:
    fireblock:
    notify-message: '%PLAYER% placed illegal fire block on %WORLD%'
    warn-message: You are not allowed to place illegal fire blocks on %WORLD%!
    pattern: \b51\b
    events:
    - block-place
    action:
    kick: true
    exclude-groups:
    - Admin
    - EliteModerator
    illegal-blocks:
    events:
    - block-break
    - block-place
    - item-drop
    - item-pickup
    pattern: \b(7|8|9|10|11|51)\b
    warn-message: '&cStop trying to use %MATCH% - it is an illegal item!'
    notify-message: '&c%PLAYER% &7is attempting to use illegal item &c%MATCH%&7'
    action:
    kick: true
    exclude-groups:
    - Admin
    - EliteModerator
    language-filter:
    events:
    - chat
    - command
    - sign-place
    pattern: (\b(nigga|chigga|jigaboo|hymen|cunnilingis|fellation|vaginal|penile|oralsex|spi(c|k)k?|goldenshower|romanshower|bondage|queef|splooge|schpinter|scrotum|orgasm|orgy|jism|hell|ass(\s?(hat|rape|lick|hole|holes|es))?|crap|anal(beads)?|rape|(god?)?dam(n|m?it)|tits?(ies|ty))\b|(bitch(y|ing|ier)?|clit(oris)?|((?!game)cock|cunt|dick)\s?(sucker|sucking|licker|lover)?|anus|fag(got)?|vagina|bar?star?d|penis|f(a|u|o|e)ck(er|ing|ed|s)?|nig?g(er|a)(s)?|piss(ed|ing|off)?|pussys?|blowjob|jizz|sh(a|i)t(e|ier|tier|balls|ty)?|boobs?|twat(waffle)?))
    action:
    exclude-groups:
    - Admin
    - Elitemoderator
    warn-message: '&cThis is a &7g-rated&c server -&7 %MATCH%&c is considered
    swearing here!'

18. Offline

oliverw92

Which rule is triggering it - the illegal blocks one?

19. Offline

Forecaster

I'd assume so since that's the only one with water blocks in the pattern.

I just noticed that the fire blocking rule at the top is redundant since fire is included in the middle one...

20. Offline

Chillax_Team