ScriptingSigns - Event scripting done stylishly and simply through signs!

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by dumptruckman, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dumptruckman

So, this project is currently in the planning/development phase. The basic idea is to allow creation of automated events using a special scripting language and signs.

An example:
    SignA (hidden behind a wall) detects Player passing by it.
    SignA sends a message to Player, "You hear the moan of zombies echo down a hallway..."
    SignA sends signal to SignB which is located in said room.
    SignB (hidden in the floor) summons 10 zombies to fill up the room.

This is a limited example of the abilities I am to provide for these signs. Many more scenarios could easily be made.

If anyone has any ideas for types of triggers or actions signs should be capable of, please do leave a message :)

As a side note: I'm an avid fan of Dungeon and Dragons and I run a mild-roleplay Minecraft server. I have a GM who loves to do events and I wanted to provide the tools to make these events so much better (and easier to run).

DrAgonmoray likes this.
  2. Offline

Musaddict

dumptruckman Redstone activations would be nice.

SignA (hidden behind a wall) detects Player passing by it.
    SignA sends a message to Player, "You hear the moan of zombies echo down a hallway..."
    SignA sends signal to SignB which is located in said room.
    SignB (hidden in the floor) summons 10 zombies to fill up the room.
    SignA sends signal to SignC which is located by a couple pistons in the same room.
    SignC (hidden in the floor) activates the pistons, trapping you

"OH S*** MUTHAF***UH, I'm trapped!"

but then you'd have to figure a way to connect multiple signs to one. Maybe you can make line one of sign A "[detector]", and on signs B and C you'd have line one "[receiver]", and line 2 "A", line 3 "spawnmob"/"power", line 4 "10 zombie", etc etc.

Nice concept btw!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.