Scoreboard Help

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ZodiacTheories, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZodiacTheories

mrgreen33gamer

That was quoting your post of suggesting using HashMaps...

2. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

ZodiacTheories
    FINAL POST: Listen. If your having issues with the ScoreBoard on getting kills using the ScoreBoard, then you need to use a single HashMap for your issue. That's my final post. Because, right now, I don't think anyone is understanding your issue with the ScoreBoard. HashMaps do not intend to take up a lot of memory, unless they're statics.

Anyway, I think getting kills from the ScoreBoard is bad. HashMaps are a bit more simple to use I would say.

I will research a bit more on ScoreBoards.

3. Offline

ZodiacTheories

mrgreen33gamer

For the 695th time, I can't use HashMaps because there are going to be different stats on the scoreboard, which will use different types of data.

4. Offline

user_90854156

Oo, well anyways, your scoreboard won't update after you get a kill, because you check if the scoreboard is null.
    Because you already set a scoreboard onJoin, the updateScoreboard won't ever do anything.

5. Offline

ZodiacTheories

MrTang

Oh yeah :p

I'll fix that, but do you have any ideas on why it doesn't even show when I join?

6. Offline

user_90854156

ZodiacTheories
    *just guessing, might not solve anything*

Code:
    updateScoreboard(p);
    p.setScoreboard(board);
    remove the p.setScoreboard(board); in onJoin.

7. Offline

ZodiacTheories

8. Offline

user_90854156

ZodiacTheories
    add debug messages everywhere : D

System.out.println("DEBUG MESSAGE");
    System.out.println("ANOTHER DEBUG MESSAGE");
    System.out.println("MORE DEBUG");

9. Offline

ZodiacTheories

MrTang

Well thats weird, after I added the debug messages the scoreboard showed up..

Ok, now the scoreboard shows up, but whenever I get a kill, it creates a new line called thesamster8 and increments that. How do I make it so that it only increments the 'Kills' thing and make it so that only that player can see their kills, because I logged on in an alt and he could see the 'thesamster8: 1' line.

Thanks

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.