Solved Scanning a folder

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Konkz, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Konkz

Because I think making another post would be silly, I will ask question here - how would I go about scanning the folder plugins/MyPlugin/ and for every file there adding its name to an arraylist.

Eg: If in that folder I have
    Song1.nbs
    Song2.nbs

then if I was to run that method that scans and adds then print my arraylist I'd get
    {Song1.nbs, Song2.nbs}

Old question
    Hey,

I tried to make a .nbs file play once a user logs onto the server using NoteBlockAPI.
    Seems easy, 5 lines of code. Right? Well, I am facing an error that once I start the
    server there is as ClassNotFoundException - the class being part of the API.

So I was wondering, what is the other way to play .nbs files found in plugins folder? (/plugins/pluginname/Song.nbs).

2. Offline

Aqua

Did you add the API to the plugins folder, and add 'depend: [NoteBlockAPI]' to your plugin.yml?

3. Offline

CrazyGuy3000

why not Softdepend?

Konkz likes this.
  4. Offline

Konkz

I cri, I forgot about the depend: [NoteBlockAPI] - really weird that it needs it.

EDIT:
    Because I think making another post would be silly, I will ask question here - how would I go about scanning the folder plugins/MyPlugin/ and for every file there adding its name to an arraylist.

Eg: If in that folder I have
    Song1.nbs
    Song2.nbs

then if I was to run that method that scans and adds then print my arraylist I'd get
    {Song1.nbs, Song2.nbs}

Aqua CrazyGuy3000

5. Offline

CrazyGuy3000

Use a for?

6. Offline

Konkz

I am aware I have to loop but I am not exactly sure what to actually put inside it and such.

7. Offline

CrazyGuy3000

Try creating a hashmap and then having a StringBuilder to show all the files.. perhaps?

8. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

Code:
    File directory = new File(getDataFolder(), "");

for(File f  : directory.listFiles())
    {
        // each f.getName() ...
    }
    [/CODE\

9. Offline

Konkz

Thanks, got it now! :)