Salvage junk diamond armor -> raw diamonds

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by UltraMC, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Offline

UltraMC

[​IMG]
    What I need:
    I need an awesome developer to make a plugin for Bukkit that will allow players to convert crap diamond items into raw diamonds and will output configurable message to a player: "%playername - you have salvaged %itemName (%itemID) into %Qty %outputMaterial".

Why I need it?
    I have a PvP oriented server. Noob players drop alot Diamond Armor enchanted with crap like "Fire Protection I" or Diamond Swords with "Endurance I". Double-chests filled with those crap drops are stuffing storage space of every pr0 killer but it's useless to store it really. I saw people doing drop-partyies dropping full inventories of Diamond crap armors.

I do have a plugin that lets players repair their armor, it uses diamonds. It would be ideal to let my pr0 killers to salvage crap diamond items to diamonds and use them on repairing their "Protecion IV" and so on...

What I suggest:
    1. Make it simple and fun
    2. Let salvage damaged items and output diamonds in proportions.
    3. It should salvage any item made of diamond (enchanted or not): all armor parts, tools and weapons; salvaging leather, iron and gold items would be fantastic option!
    4. /salvage - salvages diamond item holded in hand
    5. Put diamond item into Workbench/Crafting GUI and get diamonds
    6. Make output message configurable to allow translation
    7. I do not care if player have to type a command /salvage or put item to dispenser and fire it... Or place it in crafting box or whatever (look at suggestion #1)
    Possible shortcomings and considerations:
    (that I leave to a developer to decide, becaouse it will probably make development harder)​
    • Should it be configurable? If yes - how and exacly what is a good config for that kind of plugin?
    • Should it use permissions?
    • Should it have a chance of salvaging nothing/less then usual?

2. Offline

The_Coder

how many diamonds would damaged items put out

3. Offline

UltraMC

As many as was put in to create an item; but if its 25% durability than only 25% diamonds out

4. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Yea, well big cheat here. Maybe if there armor gets damaged they can just recraft it

Might be able to make it.....im a new dev....this would be one of my first plugins

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  5. Offline

UltraMC

Thats completly fine!

6. Offline

iBCoLLiN

But then they have endless armor,picks,swords, ect.

7. Offline

The_Coder

i am working on it right now it is coming along good

8. Offline

UltraMC

Salvaging an item is only possible in its full durability as he says. Its completly fine as my players need to spend materials to repair an item, then they can salvage 100% of it. Its not endless, (mr obvious)

9. Offline

iBCoLLiN

:p k ill look into it

10. Offline

BenjamiinNoR

I got another idea, if the dura-thing would be too much.
    Just find a way or use a command to remove the enchant?

11. Offline

turqmelon

It'd be very simple to do if you just wanted the salvage command. (Typing /salvage while holding the item in your hand), but I'm not sure about messing with crafting recipes, as it's not something I've done before.

Would you want /salvage alone?

12. Offline

np98765

That's what deterred me from attempting this request. :)

13. Offline

UltraMC

14. Offline

-_Husky_-

Easy plugin..

Get the durability, give the amount of diamond according

Copy and paste it, then rename diamond to iron, gold, and leather

15. Offline

np98765

So if the durability of a diamond sword is 100%, then remove the diamond sword and replace it with 2 diamonds. Correct?

16. Offline

JeroenV

I'm almost done with it. I'm a new developper and it took me quite some time but I hope you're happy. I made it into the /dismantle command. If you want it to be /salvage then just tell me and I'll change it.
    When you use the command it will change the item(tool/piece of armour) that you're holding in your hand into its raw components.
    I put the durability in percentages, if an item gets under 45% they will only give back 1/4 of what it was before. I can change this to your liking.

I also included the /dismantleall command wich will basically dismantle all the armour and tools ranging from stone to diamond in your inventory.

Greets, Jeroen V.

Here you go, I hope you enjoy :p And please tell if you want something changed or if there are bugs:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...r-into-their-raw-components-1-2-5-r5-0.89259/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016