Runtime & Memory

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by emericask8ur, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

emericask8ur

I was wondering, how much MB is 1 Minecraft Player?

2. Offline

creatorfromhell

The last time I checked I could've sworn each player is 50MB.

3. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

A Vanilla Minecraft server can run 6 players on 256MB RAM, it's ROUGHLY 25MB per player.

4. Offline

LinearLogic

There's no set amount; the quantity of memory a player causes a server to use depends on a wide variety of things, chief among which are the player's activity, the number of plugins the server is running, and the event handling (and other player-provoked operations) performed by each plugin.

That's why PlayerMoveEvents are the bane of any non-industrial server. :p

5. Offline

emericask8ur

Skype...

6. Offline

xTrollxDudex

emericask8ur
    More on topic, wrong forum :p this goes in Bukkit Help

7. Offline

emericask8ur

This has to do with Development..... Runtime = Java

8. Offline

xTrollxDudex

emericask8ur
    It happens to say how much ram is 1 minecraft player I thought you were talking about it for reference or something lol

9. Offline

emericask8ur

Yeah lol It all has to do with finding how much a Player uses and the amount of space plugins take up and then checking how much the server can handle. Thus, trying to set a player cap so the owners do not create mass amounts of lag by letting more than enough players in.

10. Offline

xTrollxDudex

emericask8ur
    I'm not stupid I made a stupid assumption. Did I say anything about about you not knowing bukkit? Because when I looked at My Plugins: 14 I said oh cool all the people on this thread knows more about bukkit than I do. Or they just have more time but whatever

Edit: Lrn2edit :p

foodyling likes this.
  11. Offline

LinearLogic

Now this is off-topic. The original post pertained to a plugin that profiles servers in order to improve performance, so the question was relevant. And it has been answered. :)

emericask8ur likes this.
  12. Offline

emericask8ur

what?

13. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.