Running Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TacoMuffinCow, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TacoMuffinCow

I have been running my server on a windows 7 Gateway computer. Then today I get a windows 8 computer for Christmas and decided that it would be better to run my server on this computer.(partially because the other computer is broken and has these periods of time when it wont start up or its "Blue Screened" .It is currently "Blue Screened".) anyway...... I already have the files saved on a hard drive so if that computer fails I have them to put my server on one of the few other computers that we own. I try starting it up and it wont work because it says that another server is running on my Ip which is the same for all of my computers.

Here's the crash report.
    I don't know if this'll help........

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Ooh. Shiny.
    Time: 12/25/12 1:42 PM
    Description: Exception in server tick loop
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.DedicatedServer.al(DedicatedServer.java:256)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.DedicatedServer.a(DedicatedServer.java:202)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:434)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.6
    Operating System: Windows 8 (x86) version 6.2
    Java Version: 1.7.0_10, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 992146592 bytes (946 MB) / 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: [net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.ICommandListener, IMojangStatistics, IDataManager, ...], [org.bukkit.World, BlockChangeDelegate, Server], [org.bukkit.block.BlockState], [org.bukkit.command.CommandSender, RemoteConsoleCommandSender], [org.bukkit.configuration.serialization.ConfigurationSerializable], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.TerminalFactory, Terminal, Flavor, ...], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader, CursorBuffer, ConsoleKeys, ...], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.completer.CompletionHandler, CandidateListCompletionHandler], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.history.History, MemoryHistory], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.InputStreamReader, Configuration, Log], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.joptsimple.OptionException, OptionParser, OptionSpec, ...], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.joptsimple.internal.AbbreviationMap, ReflectionException, Reflection, ...], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_6.LoggerOutputStream], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_6.inventory.CraftItemStack, CraftRecipe, CraftShapedRecipe, ...], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_6.potion.CraftPotionEffectType], [org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_6.util.Waitable, ServerShutdownThread, TerminalConsoleHandler, ...], [org.bukkit.event.Event, Cancellable, HandlerList, ...], [org.bukkit.event.block.BlockEvent, BlockFadeEvent, BlockGrowEvent, ...], [org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityEvent, EntityInteractEvent, EntityDamageEvent, ...], [org.bukkit.event.hanging.HangingEvent, HangingPlaceEvent], [org.bukkit.event.painting.PaintingEvent, PaintingPlaceEvent], [org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerEvent, PlayerInteractEvent, PlayerFishEvent], [org.bukkit.event.server.ServerEvent, MapInitializeEvent, ServerCommandEvent], [org.bukkit.event.world.WorldEvent, WorldSaveEvent, WorldInitEvent, ...], [org.bukkit.inventory.ItemStack, Recipe, ShapedRecipe, ...], [org.bukkit.map.MapView], [org.bukkit.metadata.Metadatable], [org.bukkit.permissions.ServerOperator, Permissible], [org.bukkit.plugin.messaging.PluginMessageRecipient], [org.bukkit.potion.PotionEffectType, PotionEffectTypeWrapper], [org.fusesource.hawtjni.runtime.Library], [org.fusesource.jansi.AnsiOutputStream, WindowsAnsiOutputStream, AnsiConsole, ...], [org.fusesource.jansi.internal.Kernel32, CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO, COORD, ...]
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    CraftBukkit Information:
    Running:
    Failed to handle CraftCrashReport:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getName(Bukkit.java:68)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_6.CraftCrashReport.call(CraftCrashReport.java:20)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.CrashReportSystemDetails.a(SourceFile:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.CrashReport.h(CrashReport.java:43)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.CrashReport.<init>(CrashReport.java:30)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:444)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'craftbukkit'
    Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

If you know the issue please tell meh how to fix it if possible.:)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  2. Offline

Sweatyzana

I think you need to delete the portfoward on your other computer (Im not sure)

3. Offline

TacoMuffinCow

How would one delete a portforward?

4. Offline

Sweatyzana

I am not sure if this will work but:
    Go on your old computer, Type in it's IP in the address bar, it will come up with Username & Password, enter your username and password, go to Advanced settings and then your portfoward should be there, find the button to delete the portfoward.
    OR you could edit the portfoward from your new computer by doing the same (assuming your using the same router) and then edit the internal IP on it (Start>CMD>type "ipconfig"> the one with IPv4 Address) which will be something like 192.168.1.3

5. Offline

TacoMuffinCow

Ummm I could type my Ip in the address bar........
    but I don't think we have any account for that whatsoever.......
    I will keep looking for one and thanks for the help.:D
    (If I don't find one I will end making one if possible.....)

6. Offline

TacoMuffinCow

Alright my Server will run!!:D !! Now...... How to find the right Ip? I enter my ip and it says "Can't connect to Server" While my server is running.
    :confused:HELP ME:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.