Running a server without terminal?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Skionz, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Skionz

Alright so I got a macbook from my school and I want to run a test server so I can test my plugins but terminal is blocked. Any other way to start a bukkit server without terminal? Currently I have been using Saros to send my project to my other laptop and test it there but that's a real pain to do.

2. Offline

Caxtor

I don't think so i use a macbook pro and its fine.......

P.S how is terminal blocked? :confused:

3. Offline

Skionz

Caxtor Blocked as in you can't open it.

4. Offline

Caxtor

Skionz Not sure........ I guess if you got it for school your parents blocked it? i don't know........ look at this some pictures of me Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 19.02.44.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 18.59.48.png Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 18.59.32.png

5. Offline

Gerov

Skionz I've never used a Mac before, but, maybe you can side boot Linux? If that is possible on a Mac.

6. Offline

Skionz

The school blocked it not my parents. To clarify my high school gave every student a macbook air with a few applications blocked due to security issues. Currently I am using a GratisServer whenever I need to test but it takes like an hour to get one :(

7. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

Skionz, Guess what, I did this just last week by request of my programming teacher (ironic, i know). It is possible, but it has a few problems with I/O exceptions. Still runs correctly though. Do you have Eclipse downloaded? Also, please tag me or I won't find this thread.

8. Offline

Skionz

9. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

Skionz, Just do what I said on the last post here. If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to PM me.

10. Offline

billywhiteMC

I had this problem with my school mac.. However I fixed it. Before you go ahead, do you have admin access?

11. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

Java was specifically designed for Windows and at first. So I am not surprised that there would be an issue like this. Hmm. Try running the the terminal as a administrator or on a different sign-in account. I think only certain computers at your school are limited to certain permissions. Because now days, kids can hack computers, EASILY.

12. Offline

billywhiteMC

mrgreen33gamer

Java operates through a virtual machine. It is not accustomed to either mac, or windows.

13. Offline

Caxtor

hmmmmmm Dats a prob.....

14. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

billywhiteMC Everyone knows that. But it was created on Windows in general before it was released to Apple or any other operating system. Do you think they could just make a program for Windows and expect it to work on another operating system?

15. Offline

billywhiteMC

mrgreen33gamer That was in 1994... technology has advanced a lot since then, don't base an opinion upon that, it just does not apply to java now. Now it operates through a virtual machine, it does not make a difference if you have a windows, or apply computer because it will work on both machines. If you were speaking in terms of a different programming language, such as C++. It is different for different computer models, but this is Java.

16. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

I don't understand how everyone can still be arguing about this. Java is a virtual machine, it works on almost any operating system. It is possible to run Bukkit through eclipse and not terminal, and yes, terminal can be blocked by a school system. This isn't too hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.