Filled rStringJoiner

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Resoluciones, Jul 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Resoluciones

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Minecraft version: Paper version git-Paper-124 (MC: 1.14.3) (Implementing API version 1.14.3-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)

Suggested name:
    rStringJoiner

What I want: I would like a plugin that makes a random string (@sj) function, formed by strings joining randomly picked alphanumeric pieces from a predefined syllables and/or other strings, The @sj function would be used by other plugins to write things in console or whetever is necesary, in example:

/say @sj:1;planets (the number after the ':' will determine how many alphanumeric parts the plugin will pick to form the string and the word after the second ":" will determine from which group it will take the elements, so in this one the result string can be "Earth" in example).

or

/say Robert likes to eat @sj:4:elements1 (taking into account the below configuration, this could randomly result in the string elopopoabc, which is formed by "elo", "popo" and "abc").

Ideas for commands: Not needed

Ideas for permissions: Not needed

Ideas for configuration:

elements1:
    - elo
    - popo
    - T991
    - XZX
    - abc

planets:
    - Earth
    - Saturn
    - Uunknown
    - Alien34

When I'd like it by: whenever it's possible.

Thanks!

EDIT: I found another use of the plugin, that's why I added something above.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. Offline

CraftCreeper6

@Resoluciones
    Try making this a little easier to read. I have no idea what you're asking for.

3. Offline

KarimAKL

@Resoluciones Probably gonna try this, though i need to do something today but, depending on the time it takes, i can either do it later today, tomorrow, or in the days following tomorrow.
    It seems to be pretty similar to the other plugin i made for you. :p

4. Offline

Resoluciones

@KarimAKL that would be great! Yes it is the same than RNumber, the difference is that rStringJoiner uses alphanumeric strings from preconfigured lists, instead of numbers :D
    Thanks!

@CraftCreeper6 to keep the explanation simple with examples:

1º - You set in the configuration a list of strings called "List01":

List01:
    - ala
    - r12
    - hello

2º - You type in console or another plugin executes the command (in example):

- say @sj:2:List01

The plugins picks 2 strings from the List01 and joins it in a random order, in example you will see in the chat of the game:

hellor12

made from "hello" and from "r12"

Let me know if explanation is more clear :'(

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. Offline

KarimAKL

@Resoluciones Quick question, would you like to be able to get the same strings multiple times? And if so, would it be possible to choose a number higher than the amount of values in the list?
    Example:
    config.yml:
    Code:
    Planets:
    - Earth
    - Saturn
    - Unknown
    - Alien34
    The size of this list is 4, would i be able to do "@sj:5: planets" and get "EarthSaturnUnknownAlien34Earth" or something like that?

6. Offline

Resoluciones

@KarimAKL yes, that would be good, in case it's possible!

7. Offline

KarimAKL

8. Offline

Resoluciones

Thanks, it's working more than perfect!!!!

KarimAKL likes this.
  9. Offline

KarimAKL

@Resoluciones Note that the names are insensitive, meaning 'pLaNEtS' would be acceptable for 'planets'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.