Inactive [RPG] The MineQuest v0.61 - RPG System with Customizable Quests, Classes, and NPCs [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jmonk, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Offline

jmonk

MineQuest - RPG System with Customizable Quests and Classes
    Version: 0.62-test
    Overview:
    MineQuest started out as a plugin to add some RPG-like progression to Minecraft. It had 8 (By default, now completely customizable) character classes (4 Combat, 4 Resource - also by default) and you gained experience by doing tasks related to the class (e.g. Warriors fight with a Sword, or WarMages cast WarMage Spells). All combat classes gained health when they went up in levels, and all classes gained related abilities at certain levels.

An example of a custom class configuration is now available: http://www.theminequest.com/node/112

Now MineQuest has grown to be a much bigger project than gaining abilities and extra health. It includes mobs that get harder over time based on a level adjustment (determined by active players in the server). It has built in economy(iConomy Supported)/town systems that are available if people so desire. Most likely the coolest thing so far is the quest system.

Good Places to start in game are /minequest, /cubonomy (economy), and /quest (questing specific). Also poking around the help pages (Linked as more information below) gives some details about more advanced commands as well.

Quests:
    MineQuest is equipped with a system that is being developed so that minecraft can have real instanced dungeons where a select party can teleport into a world that has traps, harder monsters, and special loot. When complete players are brought back to their original locations.

These quests are completely customizable as they only load from a text file. MineQuest will search the bukkit directory for the appropriate .quest file when the quest is started. This means that anyone running a server could write a quest. Not just plugin developers!

The spell system is nothing special, and I'm sure that others exist out there, but what really makes MineQuest unique is the complete package, dungeons and everything.

Requirements:
    MySQL or SQLite

Suspected Conflicts:
    Towny, Essentials Spawn, World Guard, mcMMO,
    Other plugins that modify damage/health

Video:
    This is a video of the first real dungeon created, the first time through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq85ppcwuM8

MineQuest 0.40 Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8tYNb0MCM

Installation:
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/3

Whats new in 0.60?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB9-N9XWfJE

Downloads:
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/35
    Backup: http://code.google.com/p/minequest/downloads/list

Support:
    Please read the following FAQ before posting your question. It will help you out by getting the answer faster and help us out by having a smaller volume of questions.
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/36
    There are some forums on the MineQuest site found below.
    http://www.theminequest.com/forum
    If you cannot solve your issues in the MQ Forums and from the FAQ and the bug does not already exist please post it on the bug tracker.
    http://bugs.theminequest.com/projects/minequest

More Info:
    Information about MineQuest and its features
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/11

Changelog:
    Version 0.61:
    *NPC Fix Item Properties (Blacksmith Capabilities)
    *Fixed Ranged Ability Bindings
    *Other NPC Property changes
    *Bug Fixes
    Version 0.60:
    *Idle Quest System
    *Main World Scripting
    *Reputation System
    Version 0.53:
    *Fixed Instancing System
    *Fixed NPC Respawning Issue
    *Updated to b860
    *Fixed money naming
    *A couple hidden features

Full Changelog:
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/74

If you love MineQuest then help keep the project alive: http://www.theminequest.com/node/164

2. Offline

jmonk

The currency levels are actually not being read properly. Although the name changing seems to be working properly the amounts are unaffected. They will always be 1000000000,1000000,1000,0, despite whatever you put in. This will be fixed in 0.53 (hopefully next couple days), it just needs some more testing to avoid bugs like this.

3. Offline

Hurske

Hi everyone, i got a couple questions if you could help me with. So far im liking this plugin, firstly, is it necessary to isntall Mysql?? And what. Does that even do? I've ran a server for a little for testing and everything mostly seems like it's running. Secondly, whenever i try to do a quest, i get teleported to the new world, but for some reason i seem to be stuck in the ground, I just stand there jumping up and down really fast and can't move. This only seems to clear up if a creeper happens to be nearby and blow up the block under/over me. Any ideas?

4. Offline

cloned

Try to add one to the Y axis of the script

5. Offline

Makraiz

As far as MySQL is concerned, no it is not required, SQLite works just fine. The plugin would not function without either one of those, but either one will work. All SQL is in either form, is just a database table system which can contain data that various plugins for minecraft can hook into. There are much wider purposes for SQL as well. For this particular plugin, the SQL table will contain things like character levels, skills obtained, amount of money, etc.

6. Offline

felipepcjr

ok, I have no Idea how to do this but I really want to... Anyone willing to share their quests, i tried the dowloads at the forums bu I dont know where to place which please help! :D

7. Offline

ltan

Back on page 31, man we have a lot of pages now lol, I posted this:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...classes-and-npcs-818.8576/page-31#post-347810

It has a youtube video showing where to place your quest files etc. :)

8. Offline

TheSamAlder

Well I Got Through All The Start Stuff, Which Leaves Me Stuck At My Username And Password For My SQ Server ?

9. Offline

Makraiz

If you're using SQLite you don't have to set that up. SQLite works without all the setup. If you're using MySQL then you would have setup the user name & pass during the MySQL installation process, though I would definitely consider setting up a new user/pass for MineQuest (minequest being the user). If you didn't setup MySQL yourself, then you will have to get that information from your system administrator.

MySQL is extremely complicated by comparison to SQLite. If you're not comfortable setting it up, I would strongly urge you to use SQLite.

Also, you may find this helpful if you want to set up MySQL and have no idea where to start.

https://github.com/tkelly910/BigBrother/wiki/Downloading-and-Installing-MySQL

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  10. Would u mind telling me (privately or not) what the encryption key is?

11. Offline

ltan

encryption key?

12. Offline

TheSamAlder

Okay, So I Found SQLlite And It Gave Me A Zip, Which In Turn , Gave Me A Exe ?
    Once Again I Am Stuck :D
    And Who Is My System Administrator ? This Is A School Laptop :p

Act
    Actually ... Im Sorry :p
    Im Just Starting As A Server Admin , And I Think I Might Have To Get A Bit More Practice :D
    Thanks For Your Help :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

1born2kill

I like this plugin, and I have some questions:
    - Is it possible when a new player join, they dont start with any class? if so how?

I was thinking of making my server an RPG server, and my plan was to do this:
    - [player] joined the game
    - he will be a "Beginner" No Combat Class, Just Resources
    - When he get to a certain level with his Resources class, he/she may advance to the next class tier
    - so in this tier, Lets say they want to be a Warrior, is it possible for the Warrior to only have the Warrior Combat skills and Resources Skills only?

14. Offline

Makraiz

np Sam, we all have to start somewhere :p
    I probably should have been more clear on how to use SQLite with MineQuest. jmonk was kind enough to write into the plugin to automatically download a version of SQLite called H2. The first time you launch the server with the minequest.jar in your plugins folder, it will create a folder in your server directory, which contains all the config files and the H2.jar. You can leave it right where it is, and MineQuest will function perfectly. No setup required!

Yes, this is exactly how I have my server setup. Go into your main.properties file in the MineQuest folder. Find where it says max_classes=4 and change the value to 1.

When a new player joins, they will start with all the resource classes and no combat classes, and they have to use the command "/addclass classname" in order to become a level 0 warrior or whatever class they choose. Unfortunately anyone who has joined the server previously will still have all the classes, but a quick fix to this, is just to delete your minequest.sql file. On next server restart it will generate a new one, and everyone will have the 1 class restriction. You can also manually go into the sql file with an sql editor and change the values inside.

15. Offline

Nazerb

Does it work with mcMMO?

16. Offline

ltan

These two have been known to not really like each other. I have used mcMMO back in March without real conflict, but as additional features have been added they appear to conflict more and more with each other.

17. Offline

jmonk

You might also need to change the starting classes option now. Just to make sure it doesn't give new players any combat classes.

18. Im using a SQLite editor and it says that i need an encryption key

19. Offline

ltan

I have no idea. That is something outside of MQ, and my primary knowledge is with MySQL. I posted a sqlite editor a few pages back however that appeared to work well, and it did not require anything extra to run.

20. Offline

1born2kill

Hmm For some reason I cant get to use skills, may I ask what is the command for skills?
    i tried /abillist Archer
    and it doesnt work...

21. Offline

transient

Kind of a dumb question, but where do you stick the quest files? I stuck a quest file into the same folder as main.properties (MineQuest) and created an NPC. After doing /npc_property Priest quest BanishUndead and hitting the NPC, the console shows Unable to load a quest file BanishUndead.quest

Thanks for any help!

22. Offline

ltan

Are you running a server that restricts the player to a single class? If you do not have a class set, the abillist command will appear not to work.

um, a page or two previous I posted a youtube video about where to stick the quest files. Short story made long, the .quest files go into your main bukkit folder. This is the folder that houses your craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar file.

Just in case anyone is seeing an issue with cube prices not displaying properly for values under 1 KC, go into your economy.properties file and change:

Code:
    money_amounts=1000000000,1000000,1000,0

to

Code:
    money_amounts=1000000000,1000000,1000,1

23. Offline

transient

@ltan Thanks! I wish we could search through individual threads easily.

24. Offline

ltan

Don't I know the truth in that statement! lol.. no worries.. hopefully it will get you on the right footing!

25. Offline

symrex

Pls can you make a Video Tutorial.

26. Offline

Plague

NEVER use a plus sign in the CB in title, keep the thread updated for latest recommended CB

27. Offline

ltan

28. Offline

1born2kill

How to Remove a Class? i Dont wanna be PeaceMage lawl

29. Offline

ltan

You can remove a class through your DataBase. I don't think that there is a command to remove a class at this time.

30. Offline

KrazyTheFox

Loving the plugin so far - amazing work! I would love to see an option to disable knockback from arrows (Killing a 1000HP zombie is really easy to do at level 0), but it seems you've got a lot on your plate! I've been able to work through all of my syntax errors and mistakes so far, but there's two bugs I've discovered that I don't believe I can fix:

Error 1 - Seems to be related to "Event:92:HealthEntitySpawn:7500:22:-15:21:-17:Zombie:1000:f"

Code:
    2011-06-14 21:28:41 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to MineQuest
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Health must be between 0 and 200
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftLivingEntity.setHealth(CraftLivingEntity.java:39)
        at org.monk.MineQuest.Mob.HealthMob.defend(HealthMob.java:53)
        at org.monk.MineQuest.Listener.MineQuestEntityListener.onEntityDamage(MineQuestEntityListener.java:72)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$51.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:598)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.d(EntityHuman.java:531)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:861)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet7UseEntity.a(SourceFile:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Error 2 - Looks like incorrect database update syntax and table name:

Code:
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [INFO] [MineQuest] (MySQL) INSERT INTO KrazyTheFox_quests (name, type, file) VALUES('KrazyTheFox', 'C', 'whellswell')
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [INFO] [MineQuest] [ERROR] Failed to update database (retrying...)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [INFO] [MineQuest] Retry Failed!!
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE] com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'tc11361515550626416807638.krazythefox_quests' doesn't exist
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:407)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:382)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1052)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3593)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3525)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1986)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2140)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2620)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1662)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1581)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at org.monk.MineQuest.MysqlInterface.update(MysqlInterface.java:190)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at org.monk.MineQuest.Quester.Quester.addQuestCompleted(Quester.java:323)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at org.monk.MineQuest.Quester.Quester.completeQuest(Quester.java:965)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at org.monk.MineQuest.Event.CompleteQuestEvent.activate(CompleteQuestEvent.java:22)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at org.monk.MineQuest.Event.EventParser.run(EventParser.java:54)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:386)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    2011-06-14 21:29:03 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

31. Offline

Makraiz

So... I've been running minequest for about a week now on my new server setup. I have become convinced that it was essentials causing the health issues I was experiencing on the earlier versions.
    I'm not sure if this is related to a plugin conflict or not, however, I felt I should bring it to your attention anyway.
    I am having some issues with npcs. Whenever I reboot the server (I have a script that does this every 6 hours) the npc's forget their walk_messages. Also, when they respawn (it seems like all the npc's reset every couple of minutes) I get a message in the console that looks like this.
    Code:
    09:39:54 [INFO] null
    09:44:34 [INFO] null

It appears to be one 'null' message for each npc I have on my server. It's not game breaking, it's not a huge bug, but it is making my server log get out of control. Also, even though I have the health message disabled in the config files, it still prints damage to players in the console.

Code:
    List of plugins:
    EasyTP
    GiveTo
    iAuction
    iConomy
    LocalShops
    LogBlock
    LyTreeHelper
    MineQuest
    MobBounty
    motd