[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.4.05 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1.4.7-R1.0 / 1.5.1-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by mcMMO, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Offline

mcMMO

mcMMO - The RPG Lovers Plugin

[​IMG]
    Latest Release Version (1.4.05) : Info - Download
    Latest BetaVersion (1.4.06-beta2) : Download
    Work on 1.4.06 is underway!
    -=Official mcMMO Server=-
    IP: play.mcmmo.org
    IRC: #playmcmmo
    Sponsors
    mcMMO proudly supports MCProHosting, the leading provider in Minecraft Servers
    [​IMG]
    News
    3/28/2013
    1.4.04 has been released! This version contains numerous bugfixes, as well as support for the new 1.5 blocks. More 1.5 features will be coming once the codebase has stabilized to the point of a CraftBukkit Beta Release. You can download 1.4.04 here.​
    2/8/2013
    In order to allow server owners to keep up with development better, we have decided to begin release a weekly beta build on BukkitDev every Friday that contains all the additions, optimizations, and bug fixes we're currently working on. Hopefully this will allow for a compromise between our long-term releases and our endless flood of daily dev builds.​
    All donations are evenly split between dev team members.
    IRC Chat
    #mcmmo @ irc.esper.net
    VIDEO GUIDES
    Who is mcMMO?
    @nossr50 - Founder​
    @GJ - Project Lead & Developer​
    @NuclearW - Developer​
    @bm01 - Developer​
    @Glitchfinder - Developer​
    @TfT_02 - Developer​
    @T00thplck1 - Developer, SQL Guru​
    @Shatteredbeam - Community Manager​
    Quick Links

iTzMag, PandaGOD, dark_hunter and 7 others like this.
  2. Offline

Cindy

Hello, I would like to know why xplock isnt working for me, whenever I try to use it I get the message: command disabled. In my config the command is enable. Please help!

3. If permissions for /mcgod are disabled in that other world, yes it will automatically get disabled.

/xplock is a Spout command, you can only use it when the server has SpoutCraft installed and you're using the SpoutCraft client.
    Also the command will only lock the GUI XP Bar, not actually prevent XP gains.

4. Offline

mcMMO

In order to allow server owners to keep up with development better, we have decided to begin release a weekly beta build on BukkitDev every Friday that contains all the additions, optimizations, and bug fixes we're currently working on. Hopefully this will allow for a compromise between our long-term releases and our endless flood of daily dev builds.

This week's beta can be found here: mcMMO 1.4.00-beta2

ACStache and bennie3211 like this.
  5. Offline

XavierHorovitz

Can anyone explain what the Curve Modifier does? I'd assume that it makes the amount of XP you need to level up increase, but it barely increases it at all. What's a good way to significantly increase the amount of XP you need each time?

6. Here's how the experience for the next level is calculated:
    Code:
    1020 + level * curve_modifier
    By default, curve_modifier = 20. This means that after a level up, you need 20 XP more for the next level.

If you want to significantly increase the amount of XP you need for each level, increase the curve_modifier by quite a lot, say 200.

7. Offline

INDeeDO

Can someone help me with Arcane Forging please?
    what i want to do is add in more ranks,at current there are 4,is it possible to add more?(to 10?)
    here's what I've tried so far,not working,still stays a 0/4,not 0/5
    code:

Arcane_Forging:
    May_Lose_Enchants: true
    Rank_Levels:
    Rank_1: 100
    Rank_2: 250
    Rank_3: 500
    Rank_4: 750
    Rank_5: 1000
    Keep_Enchants:
    Chance:
    Rank_5: 50
    Rank_4: 40
    Rank_3: 30
    Rank_2: 20
    Rank_1: 10
    Downgrades:
    Enabled: true
    Chance:
    Rank_5: 10
    Rank_4: 15
    Rank_3: 25
    Rank_2: 50
    Rank_1: 75

8. That is simply not possible. If you would like to see this feature added, please open a ticket on Github and we might consider adding your feature request.

9. Offline

mcMMO

It's that time of the week again, a new beta build is hot off the presses, grab 1.4.00-beta3 here

10. Offline

Sossinator

Is this new Beta Build as stable as your latest release or should I wait until a real update of McMMO.

11. Offline

--GJ--

The beta releases are generally just as stable as the latest release - the biggest difference is that they may have new features that are only partially implemented.

12. I'm using the beta 4 version of mcMMO and i'm trying to use the /mob and /moblist commands but they don't seem to be there. I delved deeper and they're not in the plugin.yml. Has this feature been taken out?

13. That command was never a part of mcMMO, I think you're confused with a different plugin.

14. I was looking at the mcmmo wiki here: http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/Commands and it shows these two commands. Is there something wrong with the wiki?

15. Offline

--GJ--

16. Offline

mcMMO

We've been hard at work on the latest version of mcMMO over the past few months, and we're proud to announce that a release build of 1.4.00 is now available from http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mcmmo/files/48-mc-mmo-1-4-00/

New features include:
    • A new Child Skill, Smelting! This skill, by default, is calculated based on a player's Mining & Repair levels, though these parent skills can be changed in the config files. Perks include ores automatically smelting while mining, bonus vanilla XP and bonus resources from smelting, and extended burn time for fuels.
    • A completely revamped party system, including item and XP sharing, joining parties based on player names rather than party names, options for friendly-fire within parties, and expanded management commands for party leaders.
    • Particle effects for bleeding, ability activation, and various other ability effects.
    • Built-in update checker to inform you when mcMMO is out-of-date! Admins can configure whether or not they want to check for release builds or weekly betas.
    • Automatic config updater - any changes made to the mcMMO configs will automatically populate to your existing config files, and config options that have been removed or renamed will automatically be pruned out.
    • Numerous bug-fixes, internal optimizations, and other minor improvements

This is by no means an exhaustive list of features, so we would encourage you to PLEASE read the changelog before installing, because we'd prefer to not get blamed for breaking your entire server...

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post here or find us on our IRC channel (#mcmmo @ irc.esper.net)

17. Offline

Ametz

I get this error:
    Code:
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [INFO] [mcMMO] Enabling mcMMO v1.4.00-b1726
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [SEVERE] Cannot load plugins\mcMMO\config.yml
    org.bukkit.configuration.InvalidConfigurationException: while parsing a block mapping
    in "<string>", line 9, column 1:
    General:
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
    in "<string>", line 350, column 5:
    Menu: {}
    ^
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:55)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:138)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:105)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:175)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.reloadConfig(JavaPlugin.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.getConfig(JavaPlugin.java:111)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.util.LogFilter.<init>(LogFilter.java:13)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcMMO.onEnable(mcMMO.java:106)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:217)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:457)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:282)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:218)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:55)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:11)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)
    Caused by: while parsing a block mapping
    General:
    ^
    ^
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:575)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:161)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:146)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:123)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:106)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:121)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:480)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:399)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:53)
    ... 18 more
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [INFO] [mcMMO] Loading mcMMO config.yml File...
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [SEVERE] Cannot load plugins\mcMMO\config.yml
    org.bukkit.configuration.InvalidConfigurationException: while parsing a block mapping
    General:
    ^
    ^
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:55)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:138)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:105)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:175)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.config.ConfigLoader.loadFile(ConfigLoader.java:40)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.config.AutoUpdateConfigLoader.loadFile(AutoUpdateConfigLoader.java:28)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.config.ConfigLoader.<init>(ConfigLoader.java:28)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.config.AutoUpdateConfigLoader.<init>(AutoUpdateConfigLoader.java:23)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.config.Config.<init>(Config.java:17)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.config.Config.getInstance(Config.java:22)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcMMO.loadConfigFiles(mcMMO.java:353)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcMMO.onEnable(mcMMO.java:111)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:217)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:457)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:282)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:218)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:55)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:11)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)
    Caused by: while parsing a block mapping
    General:
    ^
    ^
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:575)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:161)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:146)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:123)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:106)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:121)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:480)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:399)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:53)
    ... 22 more
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [INFO] [mcMMO] Loading mcMMO treasures.yml File...
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [INFO] [mcMMO] Loading mcMMO advanced.yml File...
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [INFO] [mcMMO] Loading mcMMO child.yml File...
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [INFO] [mcMMO] Loading mcMMO repair.vanilla.yml File...
    2013-03-10 18:05:16 [INFO] [mcMMO] Version 1.4.00-b1726 is enabled! 
    Update:
    Seems like i only got that the second time, first time i got a msg that the mod disabled itself. Next on the second startup this error come, but the third time and onward it seems fine (So far).

18. That error is thrown when a configuration file (in your case config.yml) is formatter incorrectly. Use a yaml parser to check if your config.yml is formatter properly.

19. Offline

royalshrimp

Hey,

I run a VOLTZ server and i was wondering how to add new items and ores to McMMO for instance platinum, sulfur, tin, etc. please let me know how to do this thanks!

20. Offline

--GJ--

Enable block mods in the config.yml, then fill out the blocks.yml config file that will be generate on next server start.

21. Offline

Zacky1

Why is it that my players level up to their next Sword Skill Level each time they kill a random Mob?! I checked the config, set all to 1.0 and it doesn't seem to change anything... This works with the default and the edited config... running build v1.4.04-dev1-b1818

22. Offline

T_I_M_A_N

Is there any way we could.... balance the swords skill?

Swords are useless now.
    Axes will destroy anything at any level. Even more so now that they have enchantments.
    Unarmed is even better than swords.

I have a 500 swords skill(the max level on our server). I lose normally to people with <200 axes. This shouldn't happen.
    I destroy those same people sword vs sword.

23. Yes, this is possible. Take a look inside advanced.yml. There are plenty of configuration options for you to tinker with.

24. Offline

T_I_M_A_N

But configs can only do so much.
    I can't ask the admins to tinker with a system that is playable.
    Do you think a new skill could be added to swords for balance?
    Perhaps a skill that ignores armor in replacement for the useless skill serrated strikes. Serrated strikes does absolutely nothing better at any decent swords skill in comparison to not using it.

25. Offline

josip1

I updated to the latest version and some players now have lower stats? I didn't update for a good while so maybe I missed something any ideas on what may have happened?

26. Lower stats? As in, their skill levels are lower? Or the bonuses (extra damage, double drop percentages) have decreased?

27. Offline

John Snow

Mining double drop does not appear to work most of the time. It will work when flux mining activates, but that's it.
    Also, is the 'this tree is too big' error for woodcutting new?
    Finally, the mcrank command and mctop aren't working. Whole set of exceptions, I can list them off for you if you want.

I've got mcmmo version 1.4.03-b1804 and bukkit version 1.5.R0.1 build 2700.
    Thanks

28. Offline

josip1

Their skill levels are lower than what they were before

29. All of these have been fixed in mcMMO 1.4.04, thanks for reporting them though.

That shouldn't happen after updating mcMMO, are you using mySQL or flatfile?

30. Offline

NEREVAR117

I realize this isn't a fault of McMMO, but using super-beaker and giga-drill causes invisible blocks to form, as the server and client stop being synced on what has or has not been mined/dug. This wasn't the case with how McMMO used to handle the abilities as the server picked up on each touch of the tool to the block, so you didn't get invisible blocks. Again, I know it's due to Mojang's terrible network code, but as a result it makes these abilities more annoying than useful.

Could anything be done about this, like have the server recheck the chunks/blocks with the client after the ability ends? Or anything similar? What about an option in the config to switch back to the old way McMMO handled it? Until Mojang cleans up their network code my server and I just can't find these abilities to be that practical overall. Especially at higher levels when you basically need to reconnect to see the invisible blocks.

Manji likes this.
  31. Offline

--GJ--

We actually do have an option for this in hidden.yml. It's disabled by default, but it's there.