[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

RaptorJesus

First post, eventually got everything to work and I was extremely happy until I tried breaking a block and it wouldn't break. Before when the plugin wasn't working I was able to break blocks fine. Any fixes?

3. Offline

GhOsTeth

You can change the command in the config file.

Look for

/stats=stats

and change to

/stats=mcstats

that will fix your problem.

and dont forget to restart your server [​IMG]

4. Offline

dslip

Have been getting the below error on player death. Doesnt seem to cause issues, but would like to resolve.

Craftbukkit build #493
    MCMMO: v0-8-11-wip

Code:
    Could not pass event PLAYER_RESPAWN to mcMMO
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerRespawn(mcPlayerListener.java:31)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:135)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:183)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:729)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet9Respawn.a(SourceFile:10)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

5. Offline

Astro MacGuffin

Out of the three RPG mechanics plugins I'm aware of (this, LevelCraft and RPGCraft) this is the one to watch, IMO. It's very in the spirit of Minecraft.

nossr50 (if this hasn't been asked before) have you considered talking to the developer of BigCatch to fold in his fishing plugin? Or something similar?

And thank you for supporting Permissions!

6. Offline

nossr50

It's very likely fishing will make it into 0.9, I'll be writing it from scratch as I hate the idea of borrowing from other plugins.

Astro MacGuffin likes this.
  7. Offline

Astro MacGuffin

What about more generally, some way of throwing new skills into the YAML which attach themselves to arbitrary, predefined commands? That way players could choose any magic plugin they want for a spellcaster skill. Or is that outside the scope/ too much to think about for now?

8. Offline

Urias

Dont know if this has been reported or not, but when killing another player, if the player killing the person does not loot the items, and the person killed retures to pick them up, the items are duped.

9. Offline

zaku49

How do you disable 'mcmmo.regeneration' in permissions? I know how to limit commands to players but not how to completely remove one. I don't even see 'mcmmo.regeneration' in the permissions log.

10. Offline

Kingjarrad

Would just like to say love the work your doing here
    Only thing is i have also noticed after a death items picked up are double of what they were originally

11. Offline

Quizdonkey

Hey all,
    I've looked on a few pages here but couldn't find an answer, sorry if it has already been answered.
    What level can I expect to get crits with an axe? so far I've refused to go back to swords just to be unique, but so far at level 50 axes (not high at all I know) it hasn't been worth it at all, It takes 3 materials instead of two, gets damaged twice as fast, and doesn't do nearly as much damage, I really hope this is worth it at high level lol.

Please and thank you

12. Offline

shadydeath999

a few days ago i installed mcmmo again and it was cuasing huge lag on the server any idea why?

13. Offline

jonn91

what is the level cap for skills?

[Edit] Is there a level cap?

14. Offline

shadydeath999

no there is no level cap

15. Offline

Codex Arcanum

Discoveered a strange plugin interaction with Worldguard, namely that the extra damage from unarmed, sword, bow, axe attacks applies even when in a pvp free zone.

EX:
    Bob smacks Bill upside the head in the wilderness, he deals 1/2 heart damage as normal, plus 1/2 heart of extra damage from his unarmed skill.
    Bob smacks Bill upside the head at the spawn area, which is pvp free. His normal 1/2 heart damage is negated, but his extra 1/2 heart damage remains.

16. Offline

diegokilla

wat build?

17. Offline

kazeen

How is the fix coming along love this plugin but i had to take it out until its fixed
    Doesnt play well atm :(

18. Offline

Eckhart

I'm getting this as well.

19. Offline

Nate204

I was killed in god mode with this... Fix? lol
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 4:44 PM ---
    I also get this A LOT:

--- merged: Mar 7, 2011 4:45 PM ---
    I;m on the latest WIP.

20. Offline

nossr50

Alright guys, another build of the WIP is now available
    Fixes include

Build 16
    • Removed Repair debug messages
    • Many Null Pointer Exception fixes
    • Corrected /mcmmo info
    • Corrected /mcc info
    Download the new version and if you are still having Null Pointer Exception errors post about them here!

@Quizdonkey should be happening around level 50, but at such a level its a very low chance. Its definitely worthwhile to level axes imo!

@Nate204 Try this build

@Kitzur Try this build

@TE5LA Delete mcmmo.users to wipe everyones stats

@blackielife Try this build

@RaptorJesus Have you updated your CB to 493?

Some information on Repair breaking. According to my debug messages, its as if the event completely breaks for some players after a while. It could possibly be some kind of elusive bukkit bug, I've changed my mod to 'monitor' the player item event so maybe it will be less likely to break. I'll probably be reporting this as a bug to bukkit soon. The best fix is to restart a server when repair stops working for people right now.

21. Offline

Eckhart

@nossr50

Awesome update, thanks for fixing the infos. All's perfectly working over here.

Just noticed, though, that /stats doesn't show in /mcc.

22. Offline

Nytemare3701

@nossr50

I have 2 huge requests for you. I'm willing to provide monetary compensation for them as well.

1. Have McMMO grant permissions based on skill levels, thereby unlocking all manner of wondrous plugins as level rewards.
    2. Integrate this plugin with http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-skills-v0-82.670/, since it's clearly inactive and I want it so very badly.

Edit: I've put these requests up to the lowest bidder, since McMMO is open source and Skills seems to be dead.

23. Offline

nossr50

Referring to limiting tool use by skill level -- The main reason I don't have a system like LevelCraft's in mcMMO is because I feel its punishing to the player. I'm not against having an option for server owners though, but I would certainly never have it on by default if I were to add it.

@Nytemare3701 After 0.9 I'll shift my priority into customization of mcMMO again, and who knows what else

In case anyone missed my 0.9 sneak peak, here it is

I'm still trying to think up a cool ability for swords, I already have some great ideas for the other skill abilities.

24. Offline

Axrael999

just wondering if this mod still conflicts with worldguard, making skill ups and drops possible. Otherwise I would love to give this another try.

25. Offline

nossr50

@Axrael999 Yes it does, as far as I know.

26. Offline

Axrael999

that's a bummer. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this thread tho

27. Offline

Astro MacGuffin

Suggestions for a sword mechanic:

- AoE knockback - add a crit mechanic, but instead of extra damage any mobs within 2m suffer knockback as if they'd been hit.
    - Charge (a la WoW's Warrior ability) - if target is > reach but < some value, player dashes to within range and strikes
    - Counter (a la Final Fantasy) - random chance to deal damage to attackers if sword is held in hand
    - Cover (a la Final Fantasy) - if a party member B is within 3 meters and is hit, and sword is held in player A's hand, roll parry for player A with a modifier; on success, player A blocks the damage (perhaps gradient success, such as player B taking half damage, player A taking half damage, or a durability hit to the sword)

28. Offline

Vittek

Nossr I know this is a bit far fetched but can you make the Citizen plugin (NPCS) ignore McMMo somehow? everytime someone hits a npc this error pops up

It's no big deal and just some console spam, but I thought i'll let you know. Keep up the good work :)

29. Offline

Nate204

Same thing Here.

I <3 Both these plugins! My Npc's just can't get away from members trying to punch them =( They're supposed to right click them! Not puch! ...What has this world come to? ...maybe it's time for a flood... or maybe a reset. =P

30. Offline

nossr50

That NPE is because the NPCs are treated as players in minecraft, and when mcMMO interacts with a player it retrieves/stores data to a system I've made called mcUsers. Normally every player that joins a server is added to this system, but NPCs are an exception (Since they never technically 'join' a server). So when mcMMO tries to write data about the NPC to the mcUsers system it encounters a null pointer exception because the NPC was never added to mcUsers system to begin with.

Anyways, here is a new build that MAY fix compatibility issues with NPC mods.

Build 17
    • More NPE fixes
    • Added /stats to /mcc
    • Removed one of the /mmoedit descriptions from /mcc
    • Added checking if a combat defender is in the mcUsers system, and if they are not it should add them to it

31. Offline

Nytemare3701

Could you at least let skill levels add permissions, along with a seperate permission for this feature? I want to give people in one group with repair X permission Y, but not another group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.