[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

Olat

Could you please be patient?

Rich Boos likes this.
  3. Offline

anguule

This is a fantastic plugin that obviously has skilled developers, but I have to take it off my server for the time being. I just received a dreadful Read Timed out crash and we lost quite a bit of work. I'd love to contribute via the debugging options, but I can't chance losing more work. I'll be watching to see if the problems are fixed!

4. Offline

Moeri

Does anyone have an updated explanation of the config file? The wikia is severely outdated and even confusing at this point. Although most of that file is self-explanatory, the gain multipliers and formula multipliers still puzzle me. Any help would be much appreciated!

5. Offline

MojoManagement

so, mcMMO with Permissions 3.1.6 read timed out freezes are true?
    my server is fucking me up right now with it.

6. Offline

Cenarius

but what about admins with '*' permission node ??
    this is really annoying xD
    please add a configurable option :)

7. Offline

sagethor

@Tang @nossr50
    Yeah, been having some problems lately as well, with my server going down repeatedly. Restarts don't quite help with the problem either.

8. Offline

DrakSider

90% of the players on the server I play on have stop mining because the server staff wont re implement your plugin until the read time out errors are fixed, come-on fix it already. this is such an awesome plugin and we cant use it until it gets fixed

9. Offline

Tang

You probably did not setup a permission plugin. Try Searching up on that first.
    I recommend PermissionEX personally...

10. Offline

MojoManagement

using Permissions 3.1.5 with mcMMO now, no problems so far.

11. Offline

Tang

um?
    - ' -mcmmo.item.chimaerawing'
    add a subtracted permission to their list?

Then again, I'm Very picky about permissions, no one has -'*' except me, each group has a list of nodes or they inherit them.... I like to be very specific... works out better in the long run

12. Offline

Cenarius

kk thanks but how to subtract perimssions ???
    only admins have '*' but what diffrenet does it make :p
    i use groupmanger cause it's simple and it doesn't have that "subtract list" as far as i know :/

13. Offline

Tang

Code:
      PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
    16949 susr   20   0 1995m 798m  10m S 42.6 26.5  45:44.37 java

Server running with 6 users for 46 minutes with no crash, memory % used 26.5...

When Java's mem% hits 60% server normally freezes and displays "out of memory" error on console with mcmmo.... I dont know if its a specific action that causes this, I will post back with updated info when it goes down... and the console...

This is not the standard "lag issue" as it causes me no problem until the server simply locks up, Disconnects all the players, and sometimes fails to complete a safe stop, and displays "read time out" usually with 10-14 players, I've had over 25 in the past, with no issue and all the same plugins.

14. Offline

BlackPandemic

Simply put, the higher the number, the longer the time it will take to get a skill point. You can make certain skills take much longer to level or change "Formula: Multiplier: Global" to a higher number (I use 3) to make all skills take longer (unless I've been doing this wrong since I got the plugin :p )

And I agree, the wiki needs some updating. Perhaps I can help with that during my unemployment period ><

You realize it takes time to fix bugs, yeah? Patience is a virtue. :)

15. Offline

MojoManagement

My Server runs with 16GB Ram... and I also got the freezes.
    60% cant be the thing

16. Offline

Teldelariel

Well after much playng, I believe it is NOT mcMMO, I deleted the plugin after a couple of time outs and I stil got them so I am doing the elimination game again to source the Culprit, I am running the following plugins.
    - Essenatials
    - iConomy
    - Jail
    - Jobs
    - Lockette
    - Mobarena
    - Mobbounty (now deleted)
    - mcMMO (now deleted)
    - Raveblox
    - Residence
    - Worldedit
    - XcraftGate
    Im running Bukkit 956, Minecraft 1.7.2,
    Dedicated server:
    AMD Phenom X4
    8GB RAM
    2x 320GB SATA 7200rpm
    CentOS 5 x 64 bits + Cpanel
    RAID-1 SW

Will keep this updated as I go through the list

17. Offline

Tang

I will go through and delete these posts if asked, Trying to solve the Read Time out Problem, many have reported... They believe its either mcmmo or bukkit.

This server is only running 4GB ram with 1536MB dedicated to the server...

so when its hitting 60% + memory usage thats 1228.8+ MB of a total 1536MB and starts to cause issues...

Your % values would be different. Merely logging for records here...

Code:
      PID USER   PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
    16949 SUSR   20   0 1995m 969m 6844 S 94.7 32.2  60:53.10 java

Memory Used has increased by 200mb and slowly crawling up... 3 Users logged on now.

32.2% memory used after 1 hour and 2 minutes.

When the server crashes I will repost with more useful information.

18. Offline

monir

What does this means in config ? is it some way to lower the drop chance on each item? becouse mining dirt it almost only giving glowestone dust when having lvl 1000

Excavation:
    Base: 4
    Mushroom: 8
    Sulphur: 3
    Slowsand: 8
    Glowstone: 8
    Music: 300
    Bones: 3
    Diamond: 100
    Apple: 10
    Eggs: 10
    Cake: 300

19. Offline

Tang

Generally you would just add a minus within the quotes to the permission node to take it away, like posted below... but I don't use Group Manager... So you would have to ask that plugin author or read their help guide... sorry :(
    - ' -mcmmo.item.chimaerawing'

20. Offline

Teldelariel

I need a couple of people to jump on my server just to test the load limit of players vs. lag and time out errors, the server addy is in my sig. Thanks

But just in case the sig doesnt show its server-sub-terran.com

21. Offline

Tang

http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation

Might help a little if you haven't seen this... It has the defaults drop rates... Things besides glowstone and coco beans are quite a bit more rare.

And what you linked were the changeable values for the XP reward associated with finding those materials with excavation

22. Offline

Teldelariel

This is my time out error this time just after a backup, anyone else using the backup plugin? (could this be the timeout issue?) or java?

Show Spoiler
    22:40:55 [INFO] Read timed out
    22:40:55 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    22:40:55 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:116)
    22:40:55 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:153)
    22:40:55 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82)
    22:40:55 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140)
    22:40:55 [SEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:123)
    22:40:55 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:116)
    [/spoiler

23. Offline

Cenarius

ehumm thanks, this will come in handy ...

EDIT:worked with groupmanger thanks again ^_^

24. Offline

sagethor

@Teldelariel

To help you a bit, we both have these plugins as well as mcMMO. I've just removed mcMMO in the meanwhile, however. Good luck!
    - iConomy
    - Lockette

25. Offline

Teldelariel

Thanks sagethor will look into it

26. Offline

monir

Can i change the dropchance of the items?

27. Offline

Chronx6

I'll point out that I was on a perfectly vanilla server with 3 people and the server suddenly timed out and socket errors on three of us. Not certain it is bukkit or mcmmo. Could be minecraft.

28. Offline

Kommy000

hey , how do you like PermissionsEX, im thinking of switching to that and running it on MYSQL. I just need something thats easy to implement and switch from permissions 3 , plus seems like it will be easier to promote people.
    Also, if that fixes MCMMO bug, then why not.

29. Offline

Tang

It seems like some sort of memory leak in the Minecraft_server.jar I have 6 hours of sever logs, 7 Read Time Outs... and Multiple Memory Usage stats from corresponding times to organize into a nice post some where.... I have a vanilla server running right now to see if i can replicate the read time out

by then 1.7.3 will be out and probably have already fixed it. Fine by me, as long as my server stop crasshing...
    the last read time out just completely closed the Javaw (server) task...

I'm not pointing the finger at mcmmo, I can go through and clean up my posts here...

30. Offline

Danton1983

axe aoe damage is hurting the player using it, is there a fix coming soon?

31. Offline

BlackPandemic

Known issue and it's been stated that it will be fixed the next patch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.