[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

Zalastri

Obviously I know it's a test version, blah blah, but I've been having trouble with McMMO as of late. I've done extensive testing (Tested this over 10 times over the past week) and it seems if left to run for a while with McMMO installed my server will inevitably start returning "Read Timed Out" and stops garbage collecting, allowing connections, and will not respond to commands.

I've tested over and over with the non-1.1 MCMMO and this is always the case. Any ideas nossr? My players are quite upset without their McMMO. Once I remove McMMO and leave the server running it can go for a few days, with McMMO, who knows. It could start RTOing in 3 mins it could take 3 hours.

3. Offline

Lead2Life

@nossr50
    I've found a possible bug. I told you about the bugs with the lenght of the abilitys. After I reported those bugs you fixed that. Great work btw. Now it seems that you've forgotten one skill namely "mining" because I would have a 8 second super breaker but ( beside that I'm crazy and can't count the seconds ) I've only got a 2-3 seconds long breaker. Also I'd have a 16 seconds giga drill breaker but that are also only 6-8 seconds maybe. Please take a look.
    I use mcMMO version 1.0.24 and thereupon I'm using cb version 860. So please tell me if the bug is fixed in the newest version of mcMMO.

4. Offline

Tang

I noticed my Server Has been returning with Read Timed Out after a few days as well, I had never seen it until a few weeks ago... Causes severe lag and prevents players from connecting, generally requires a sever restart. I use 23 plugins so I have no idea what the culprit is...

Switching to this startup script seemed to help though:

Code:
    java -Xmx1536M -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -server -Xincgc -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:LargePageSizeInBytes=4m -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    Replace 1536M with the amount of Memory you want to allocate to bukkit.
    Change XX:parallelGCThreads=2
    2 for single core CPU, 4 for if you have dual core CPU and 8 if you have quad core CPU.

I don't know if mcMMO is causing the read time out, but that start up script helped me... its supposed to be better at "garbage collection" so your server doesn't hang on to memory it doesn't need to.

5. Offline

erdrickk

I am getting blasted with tons of errors with the latest version. Any idea for a fix?

Bukkit 953 / McMMO 1.026

13:41:00 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_DAMAGE to mcMMO
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcBlockListener.onBlockDamage(mcBlockListener.java:194)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$28.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:434)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callBlockDamageEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:186)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:457)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:90)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

and this one....

2011-07-02 13:14:31 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to mcMMO
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(mcPlayerListener.java:996)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:681)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)

And this one...

2011-07-02 13:21:20 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to mcMMO
    at com.gmail.nossr50.Combat.combatAbilityChecks(Combat.java:314)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.Combat.combatChecks(Combat.java:79)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcEntityListener.onEntityDamage(mcEntityListener.java:139)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$55.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:628)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.d(EntityHuman.java:550)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:856)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet7UseEntity.a(SourceFile:33)

and finally...

2011-07-02 13:21:26 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS to mcMMO
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(mcPlayerListener.java:850)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:272)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:704)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)

6. Offline

Darcion

on 953 + 1.0.26

Code:
    2011-07-02 21:55:39 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Timer-0"
    2011-07-02 21:55:39 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-07-02 21:55:39 [SEVERE]     at com.gmail.nossr50.mcTimer.run(mcTimer.java:44)
    2011-07-02 21:55:39 [SEVERE]     at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    2011-07-02 21:55:39 [SEVERE]     at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

7. Offline

KarnEdge

Is there anyway you could add the locale files to the config folder, anytime there is a update I to mcMMO, I have reupload my locale into the jar before hand. If I want to update coloring or the way things look, I have restart the server since it is loaded from the jar.

Plugins/mcMMO/messages_en_US.properties

This would be better I think.

EDIT: Just saw in the notes for the OP: "I'll probably change these files to be located inside your plugins folder in future versions."

EDIT2:
    next post has some ideas on how the locale files should be setup for more flexibility and ease of use.

8. Offline

Alesana

I'm getting this error, using Recommended Build: 953 (MC: 1.7.2).

Code:
    2011-07-02 17:45:59 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to mcMMO
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.x()Ljava/lang/String;
        at com.gmail.nossr50.skills.Taming.getOwnerName(Taming.java:15)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.skills.Taming.hasOwner(Taming.java:20)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.Combat.combatChecks(Combat.java:143)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.mcEntityListener.onEntityDamage(mcEntityListener.java:135)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$55.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:628)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.a(EntityWolf.java:339)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.c_(EntityCreature.java:64)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.c_(EntityWolf.java:92)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.v(EntityLiving.java:685)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.v(EntityWolf.java:133)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.m_(EntityLiving.java:218)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.m_(EntityWolf.java:161)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1190)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:48)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1172)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1102)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:447)
    Any idea/update?

9. Offline

KarnEdge

Would it be possible to add more locale additions where you have more full control over how it looks:

For example... Here are the variables for the /stats command:
    Code:
    mcPlayerListener.YourStats=[[DARK_GREEN]][mcMMO] Your Skills
    mcPlayerListener.NoSkillNote=[[DARK_GRAY]]If you don't have access to a skill it will not be shown here.
    mcPlayerListener.ExcavationSkill=Excavation:
    mcPlayerListener.HerbalismSkill=Herbalism:
    mcPlayerListener.MiningSkill=Mining:
    mcPlayerListener.WoodcuttingSkill=Woodcutting:
    mcPlayerListener.AxesSkill=Axes:
    mcPlayerListener.ArcherySkill=Archery:
    mcPlayerListener.SwordsSkill=Swords:
    mcPlayerListener.TamingSkill=Taming:
    mcPlayerListener.UnarmedSkill=Unarmed:
    mcPlayerListener.AcrobaticsSkill=Acrobatics:
    mcPlayerListener.RepairSkill=Repair:
    mcPlayerListener.PowerLevel=[[DARK_RED]]POWER LEVEL: 
    If we change the locale to be used more like this:
    Code:
        ### ----- /Stats - Shows skill levels and their experience.
        SkillList:
          header:
            - "[[DARK_GREEN]] ---- mcMMO Stats ----"
            - "[[DARK_GREY]]If you don't have access to a skill it will not be shown here."
          skills:
            - "[[ORANGE]]-=Gathering Skills=-"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Excavation: [[GREEN]]{%excavation.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%excavation.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%excavation.xp.needed}"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Herbalism: [[GREEN]]{%herbalism.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%herbalism.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%herbalism.xp.needed}"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Mining: [[GREEN]]{%mining.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%mining.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%mining.xp.needed}"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Woodcutting: [[GREEN]]{%woodcutting.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%woodcutting.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%woodcutting.xp.needed}"
            - "[[ORANGE]]-=Combat Skills=-"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Axes: [[GREEN]]{%axes.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%axes.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%axes.xp.needed}"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Archery: [[GREEN]]{%archery.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%archery.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%archery.xp.needed}"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Swords: [[GREEN]]{%swords.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%swords.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%swords.xp.needed}"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Taming: [[GREEN]]{%taming.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%taming.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%taming.xp.needed}"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Unarmed: [[GREEN]]{%unarmed.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%unarmed.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%unarmed.xp.needed}"
            - "[[ORANGE]]-=Miscellaneous Skills=-"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Acrobatics: [[GREEN]]{%acrobatics.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%acrobatics.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%acrobatics.xp.needed}"
            - "[[YELLOW]]  Repair: [[GREEN]]{%repair.level} [[YELLOW]]- XP: [[GREY]]{%repair.xp.current}[[LIGHT_BLUE]]/[[GREY]]{%repair.xp.needed}"
            - "[[RED]]Power Level: [[GREEN]]{%powerlevel}"
    This will allow way more flexibility on how the user wants the MMO mod to look. It would even allow blank lines if you want so and so forth.

10. Offline

Danton1983

the update is not allowing any xp and did not give a new mcmmo.properties file. Also a lot of of the files do not auto update. with the new jar file. is something wrong?

11. Offline

g3oliver

which mcmmoversion used before? craftbukkit-version?

12. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Ever since 1.0.26 our server has been lagging a lot.
    When using the /debug clock tool from, uhh I think it was commandbook. We get 8 out of 20 ticks, and we used to get 19-20 with 1.0.24. No errors, just worse performance.

13. Offline

Danton1983

using bukkit.

14. Offline

Stormbow

When you get into the Harder Monsters, you should figure out a way to add a crown to their head or something, to make them really stand out as better than average.

15. Offline

Jazy Lopez

Would be nice if you guys focused a bit on the Archery to add elemental arrows and such... :D

16. Offline

nossr50

Version 1.0.27
    • Fixed /stats showing excavation values for swords
    • Hopefully fixed a wide range of NPE errors
    • Updated German (de) localization

17. Offline

Djrowling

I have a question regarding /mmoedit and /addxp, whenever i try to modify a players skill ex. /mmoedit Player Acrobatics 500, it doesn't work. I tried this on 1.6.6 and it didn't work there either so i'm not quite sure what could be causing it except a constrasing plugin. I've even tried editing the files manually and it still didn't work. I've also seen others who have this issue. Anyone have any help on the issue? I really love this plugin btw :D

18. Offline

Kibbey93

Still getting swords exp for excavation... 1.0.27 didn't fix it.

19. Offline

nossr50

So you're getting swords XP when you dig?

20. Offline

RugRats

Swords = No EXP :( For killing anything. Excavation levels up swords and excavation. So yes I'm getting swords exp to when I dig. Swords doesn't give any exp normally.

21. Offline

OrtwinS

Hello, somehow many mcmmo commands stopped working, and they suddenly all list as 'null'...
    See the attached screenshot.

mcMMO 1.0.24
    CB935 (yea, still sticking to 1.6 as long there are numurous map crashes with 953...)

I ran a test server with only permissions and mcmmo, it worked.... for an hour. and after a restart it suddenly displayed the same behaviour, no errors of any kind in the logs...

Attached Files:

22. Offline

1cec0ld

I'm using RB 953, on 1.7.2, and suddenly my Taming and Archery skills are not functioning. I gain no EXP for archer shots, and no exp for wolf kills/damage.

This error comes up for archery every shot made.
    Code:
    >02:43:39 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to mcMMO
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityDamageByProjectileEvent.getProjectile()Lorg/bukkit/entity/Entity;
    at com.gmail.nossr50.Combat.archeryCheck(Combat.java:241)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.Combat.combatChecks(Combat.java:184)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcEntityListener.onEntityDamage(mcEntityListener.java:142)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityArrow.m_(EntityArrow.java:178)
    >
    This is for Taming when a wolf attacks a zombie.
    Code:
    >02:47:45 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to mcMMO
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.x()Ljava/lang/String;
    at com.gmail.nossr50.skills.Taming.getOwnerName(Taming.java:15)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.skills.Taming.hasOwner(Taming.java:20)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.Combat.combatChecks(Combat.java:152)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcEntityListener.onEntityDamage(mcEntityListener.java:142)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.a(EntityWolf.java:339)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.c_(EntityCreature.java:64)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.c_(EntityWolf.java:92)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.v(EntityLiving.java:685)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.v(EntityWolf.java:133)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.m_(EntityLiving.java:218)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.m_(EntityWolf.java:161)
    I also run MobBounty, and am receiving no money for wolf kills, or killing a wolf. I don't know if this is related, but I can post that error here too if needed.
    Thank you for any help in advance.

23. Offline

g3oliver

which mcmmoversion used before? craftbukkit-version?

-- thats no info

24. Offline

Rpa;otj

I also just installed 1.0.27 and excavation and swords still do share the same level and both still gain exp when I break dirt and grass blocks.

25. Offline

theguynextdoor

Nossr, 1.1.x looks to be amazing and i can't wait to be playing on a server run by you again.

26. Offline

TheShadow777

• Fixed /stats showing excavation values for swords
    i have still this problem with 1.0.27

27. Offline

Planteplankton

Nossr50: Do you know if it is possible to add other abilities when you hit a certain level?

Example: Im using "Incantatio" a magic plugin on my server, in addition to your RPG plugin. Incantatio has a command (lux.allow) which generate a glowstone block. I want this command to become available for players when they reach mining lvl 20. Do you know if this is possible, and how to do it?

28. Offline

nateD

Hi, first thing, I like your work, it's really nice plugin

about swords/excavation, it may be helpful:
    -when i used /stats, swords & excavation was the same but
    -when i used /whois it shows me the proper values.

Anyway, I still can raise my swords, I just can't see proper values when i use /stats

another thing:
    - /myspawn can be used again after relog, even if its reuse time is >0

CB953, mcmmo 1.0.27

Sorry for my english, but it's not my primary language

29. Offline

wassilij

Is the big performance problem fixxed in 1.0.27?

30. Offline

Lead2Life

Hello
    I've an idea for improving the end-mcMMO time like in levels 1000 or above. Maybe you can add a configurable decrease of cd for the ability of a skill. That would be very great and I think that would give an incitation for all users which play minecraft very often.

31. Offline

Leemur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.