[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

stormx11

i love everything about this plugin, only problem i have ever had with it was when building large structures out of iron blocks being spammed with the message 'you have placed an anvil, anvils can repair tools and armour'if you could make it so it wouldnt do this it would be mutch paretiated. thanks all in all great plugin, thanks -stormx11-

3. Offline

Darcion

after many hours and many players it comes back and is slow again.

4. Offline

Vittek

Yeah unfortunately I also have to report that after a hour or so the CPU spiking starts again with ver 23.. Rolling back to 16 fixed it. Stay strong Nossr, I know you can fix it :D

5. Offline

o0AzzA0o

i can confirm same thing

6. Offline

Quezax

Can we get a couple of skills based on Monster killing and animal harvesting?
    Like monster hunting that gives random item drops (like excavator)
    And rancher that increases the max number of materials that dropped by a single animal

7. Offline

o0AzzA0o

Can we trace down this Cpu overload bug is everyone else that is havving this issue also using mysql?
    also is it possible to convert the mysql mcmmo database back to sqllite ? im interested to see if this issue disappears when using sqllite.
    i think w/o MySQL could be it more the reason im interested in converting mysql database to sqllite

8. Offline

nossr50

Although some users are reporting the CPU issues are not completely fixed, I'm going to be putting out 1.0.23.

Version 1.0.23
    • Modified Bleed Simulation to fix performance problems
    • Rewrote MySpawn to be more efficient when calculating time left
    • Rewrote Skills to be more efficient when calculating time left
    It's still a priority for me to completely fix performance issues, I'll be making more WIP builds soon that I will need tested.

9. Offline

bluemilkman

I don't know about anyone else, but the MySpawn just seems out of place to me. It really has nothing to do with skills and is redundant with many other mods.

10. Offline

nossr50

You can turn it off in the config file completely

11. Offline

RugRats

Why don't you just get rid of it?

12. Offline

Mukrakiish

Some people make good use of it. I use it as a secondary "home" for my supporters/donators. They rather like having a second home.

13. Offline

RugRats

I guess so :p

14. Offline

Wahrheit

You could also just us a plugin that's designed for that. :/

15. Offline

bluemilkman

Ah, I must have missed it in the config file. Whoops.

16. Offline

Mukrakiish

:D

17. Offline

mooman219

Thank you for fixing the issues i mentioned, but none of them were the cause of the CPU spike. When the CPU spikes, none of timers seemed to be the issue in my debug. Is there anything else you changed other then what you listed in the changelog?

18. Offline

nossr50

I'm pretty sure the issue is something a bit more complex than I understand at the moment. All I know is it happens in the bleed simulation in Swords.Java right now, and that it happens in the loop that damages entities.

19. Offline

mooman219

I am working on a Prayer Skill ATM for mcMMO, it is nearly done, but I only have the source code for 1.0.22, when the immediate performance issues get fixed, and updates aren't once a day, I will add Prayer and post it here.

If you want a Hunting skill, you should be prepared to give detailed information on how you want it to work.
    Example,
    How is XP earned, and how much XP. (Name all the monsters/animals that can be killed and how much EXP each one earns you)

What will the special ability be for the skill, and how are you going to use it? (It can't be an item already being used, like swords, axes, hoes, pickaxe, etc) Like for my prayer skill, i am using a Book, along with a Alter (Gold block)

What passive ability will there be for the skill. (Something that will help you out with your daily life)

How can leveling up improve your abilities? (Decrease a cool down, increase damage, stuff like that.)

An Example of a skill i am working on for Prayer, Is enchant. Here is a quick break down of the skill:

Code:
        Enchanting items: Wood > Stone 6XP + (Random number 0 To 5)
                          Stone > Iron 15XP + (Random number 0 To 8)
                          Iron > Gold 29XP + (Random number 0 To 14)
                          Gold > Diamond 41XP + (Random number 0 To 24)
                EXP is only gained if the enchantment is successful.

Skills:
        Enchant:
            % Chance to upgrade a tool. Wood > Stone > Iron > Gold > Diamond
            If it fails, you lose the tool and gain no Exp.

To use, Right click on a alter (Gold Block) with the tool (OR Armor) you want upgraded.

Tables:
                % Chance for, (X = current Skill Level)
                Wood > Stone = X * ( (X + (X / 2)) / (X + X + (310 * 2) ) )
                Stone > Iron = X * ( (X + (X / 2)) / (X + X + (450 * 3) ) )
                Iron > Gold = X * ( (X + (X / 2)) / (X + X + (750 * 4) ) )
                Gold > Diamond = X * ( (X + (X / 2)) / (X + X + (1280 * 6) ) )

Wood > Stone = 100% at level 281
                Stone > Iron = 100% at level 374
                Iron > Gold = 100% at level 519
                Gold > Diamond = 100% at level 786

Note* I will add a % cap at 90ish percent so that there is some risk in enchanting a item even though your level 786 (Which is hard to reach)

Minium level to Enchant a Tool:
                        Wood = 0
                        Stone = 5
                        Iron = 25
                        Gold = 60

% Chance for the alter to break (The Gods Deny You):
                    Wood > Stone = 0%
                    Stone > Iron = 1%
                    Iron > Gold = 3%
                    Gold > Diamond = 4% 
    This is just one Ability out of 3 I am working on for the Prayer Skill. You See how detailed it is.

The other ones are Smite And Heal (These play a use in combat)

I am really going for a Red Mage type of skill, one that uses both Offence and Defense abilities

20. Offline

nossr50

21. Offline

mooman219

Pssst, I Wrote a new skill for mcMMO 1.0.23. I also added my latest Partial name recognizer for 1.0.23. If you want to add them, PM me for the source code. I tested both extensively, no bugs and I made them as efficient as possible. The new skill is prayer, I am not sure about the balancing of it (As in I am not sure if i am giving to much/to little exp for special tasks.)

Ill pm all the information on prayer if you want just that. I would like to hear your opinion :D

22. Offline

nossr50

Is it possible you could do a pull request on github for the partial name stuff? As for the skill, I'd have to give it my seal of approval before including it. You could send me a build of mcMMO with your skill and I'll play with it.

23. Offline

mooman219

Well honestly, the skill isn't really done, it is functional, but XP and all that isn't set up because i do not understand how you have it set up.

24. Offline

nossr50

PM me any questions

25. Offline

mooman219

I am adding the partial match to the github now

26. Offline

mooman219

>>><<< Screw it, I do not understand GitHub at all, all i know is how to use the downloads button.

I have attached the 2 .Class Files I edited.

Add them both to "package com.gmail.nossr50;" One is a new one, the other is the player listener. I way i implemented it should be frowned upon, but it is efficient and has no bugs.

Attached Files:

27. Offline

RugRats

@mooman219

@nossr50

Fishing
    How is XP earned: Catching Fish. How much XP: 10?

What will the special ability be for the skill, and how are you going to use it? (It can't be an item already being used, like swords, axes, hoes, pickaxe, etc) I don't really have a name but something that allows you to catch cooked fish for a short period of time and the item would be a fishing rod.

What passive ability will there be for the skill. (Something that will help you out with your daily life)
    catching 2 fish at once?

How can leveling up improve your abilities? (Decrease a cool down, increase damage, stuff like that.)
    Decrease cool down and increase amount of time the special ability lasts and the chance of getting 2 fish at once

Just an idea.

28. Offline

mooman219

Sorry for spamming, but if you want to check it out, come onto my server 69.207.129.173:25565

I like it, but right now i am very busy. Maybe you could get a little more in depth on this.

I dont think being able to catch fish already cooked for a short period of time is a good idea given how long it takes to catch 2-3 fish.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  29. Offline

RugRats

@mooman219

@nossr50

Features:
    • Ablility to burn food
    • Ablility for food to heal you 3x as much as normal
    • Get cooking xp for cooking food in a furnace and crafting bench
    • Every 100 or so levels all food normally heals you half a heart more then normal (For both uncooked and cooked foods)
    • Apples Fall From Trees
    Cooking
    How is XP earned: Cooking Food (Furnace) and Crafting it (CraftingBench)? How much XP: 10-60?

Cookie- 10 XP
    RawFish- 12 XP
    Raw Porkchop- 14 XP
    Red Apple- 17 XP
    CookedFish- 20 XP
    Bread- 20 XP
    Cooked Porkchop- 25 XP
    Mushroom Stew- 30 XP
    Cake- 6 XP Per Use. 36 XP in all
    GoldenApple- 60 XP

Info: This skill also adds a chance to burnfood in a furnace granting 0xp and no food.

What will the special ability be for the skill, and how are you going to use it? (It can't be an item already being used, like swords, axes, hoes, pickaxe, etc) All food items. If you use the special ability while wielding one of the food items it will heal you 3x more then what it normally is supposed to. If you use one of the special ability's with the item like say you "left" click with an apple in your hand and then it activates the ability and if you right click then it'll heal 3x more then what it normally does to. Just explaining more about what I said 2 sentences ago. The cooldown applys to all other food items.

The ability to burn food less and to have food heal you a little more.

Decrease cool down. Every 25 levels all food normally heals you half a heart more.

These are just suggestions. I don't know if this is possible and if it is you might want to tweak it. Once again just suggestions :D

30. Offline

Monkz

How do i fix unarmed damage? It used to be 3 hearts per punch at 250 and 5 at 500+ but now its only 2 and then 3.

I dont remember which version i lost it at, but i would really like to get that damage fixed :(

31. Offline

morizuki

can you also add a default MySpawn? cause everyone need to configure their MySpawn, but I want to respawn them on one location when they use a Chimera Wing..

Manji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.