[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

0o_ZeroWing_o0

IS there a way to edit MOTD?
    And one idea: How about a way to make golden tools more effective? I can't find a plug-in for that, I may be mistaken. I'd imagine it wouldn'tbe too hard, if there was a way to set the proporties of a item, and change those. Like, the more gold that you mine, the higher your gold skill level gets, the more effective golden tools get. I don't know, but if there is a plugin for that already, can someone post a link?
    Really Love your plugin =)

3. Offline

Afotai

Adding fishing would be a wonderful idea. You could for example have a loot table depending on skill that could award stuff like ink sacs, or maybe % to spawn an octopus at the pond you fish at (this will be tougher to implement i imagine) Could change a combat aspect too since fishing rods can be used to hook into mobs and pull them to you

4. In the locale file inside the .jar
    I made my own custom version of that file with more pleasant colors and [mcMMO] prefix XD

5. Offline

Nori_Silverrage

I'm having the same issue. I rolled back to v1.0.09. I had to restore that world from a backup so I don't have the log file for the error, but basically /myspawn doesn't work at all and just throws a error in the console.

6. Offline

mooman219

So far so good! Working on Bukkit 860 for no with no errors

7. Offline

Crysillion

McMMO is proving to be somewhat disasterous for me. I tried it as a fresh install and it appeared to be working just fine. This was until players began to relog for whatever reasons (missing chunks, graphical errors, etc.) and discovered that the stats they were just working on rolled back a good 30 minutes, sometimes it went as far back as 2-3 hours. Obviously, this is unacceptable. I figured if I moved McMMO to MySQL, I would not only see a performance boost anyway, but it would fix this issue.

I was half right. The issue was mostly fixed, but now my server is bogging down hard and the lags sometimes get so immense it downright crashes my server.

No errors, only "Can't keep up!" nonsense in my console. CB #818, using latest MCMMO.

What the hell is going on here, gentlemen?

8. Offline

lipe123

make it an option please, I don't want that ability. When fighting mobs its too easy to accidentally kill wolves.

Also thanks for all the fixes man, things are looking good now. Just one silly localization fix I saw, when using the hoe skills it goes !skills.hoeready! instead of "You ready your hoe" (for a good spanking)

And then the /mctop /stats discrepancy, I guess maybe sql tables got confuzzled, is there a mctop table that can be deleted and then will the plugin re-create it on start?

9. Offline

Crysillion

Also, is there any way to go from MySQL to Flatfile?

10. Offline

Draxus

I'd also like to know if this is possible as I'm moving between server hosts and don't have direct access to the MySQL DB. I'd like to convert to flatfile so I can save our stats.

11. Offline

Darkaegis

I'm sorry you're experiencing the problem as well, but at least I know I'm not insane.

This is the error that attempting /myspawn gives on my server - I included it in my first post, but since I deleted it I guess I'll repost it here:

12. Offline

Hex

So the only way to train your dog is by hitting it?
    (Taming)

13. Offline

Chronx6

Seeing as bucket doesn't have a hook for wolf damage to make it when your wolves cause damage yes.

14. Offline

theguruofreason

We can't make mossy stone with seeds on my server. Running the newest version of MCMMO on bukkit 818. We're running a bunch of other mods but nothing that should conflict.

EDIT: NVM, I'm a retard and was trying to do it on stone, not cobblestone.

15. Offline

Nori_Silverrage

Looks familiar to what I remember seeing. Hopefully can get fixed soon.

16. Offline

Hex

Ugh, taming is such a hard skill to train up, especially when you have to punch your dog and heal it in order to level it up ><.

17. Offline

nossr50

Please post that error and I'll fix it

I'll be addressing this in the next update

You can do this with the FlatFile version by deleting the .mcmmo files in the plugins folder. But its not possible to do this with MySQL. Actually the way leaderboards work with MySQL they execute a query everytime anyone types /mctop, it should be displaying the stats EXACTLY as they are in the DB at the time.

I'll see if bukkit has fixed this in the latest RB, if so then your wolves will gain XP from attacking. If not I'll boost the XP gained from taking damage seeing as how difficult it is to raise.

Not yet, someone could make a script for it easily though. I could make one but it would be time consuming and I got a lot of stuff I need to fix still. I'll put it in eventually if no one else volunteers.
    Sounds like a memory leak, I noticed high memory usage in mcMMO when I was testing changes as well. I think I may need to look over the code for anything not being cleaned up again.

Fishing is planned but on the back burner at the moment.

Here's a little priority list for the next few patches (patches not content updates)
    • Investigate high memory usage of mcMMO
    • Fix the MySpawn bugs
    • Add a way to hurt/kill your own wolves
    • Make Taming XP easier
    • Fix remaining localization bugs

embty likes this.
  18. Offline

Squidoris

Where is that file at? I've opened the .jar and can't find the motd thing.

19. Offline

Hex

Hurting/Killing your own wolves has already been implanted hasnt it? (Cause I can hit my dog and get exp for it. PS. It's also the only way for me)

20. Offline

Afotai

I made a new page on your wiki for bugs, people can post their discoveries here and i'll add them

21. Offline

Armaxxx

doesnt that cause memmory waste or unused chunks or sht?

22. Offline

Darkaegis

I posted it in reply to his post. The error can be found here:

23. Offline

SpeedyLegs

Request: Fishing Skill Maybe?

24. Offline

Ratchet

hi nossr;
    i'd like to make a small request to allow more control over the arrow fire rate limiter, I'd like to limit the fire rate, but not by as much as the plugin currently does, but right now it's all or nothing.

also, please add an /mcmmo reload command to reload the config.

25. Offline

Darkaegis

The developer has said that it's slated, but on the backburner currently.

26. Offline

embty

Yes please fix the high usage. and did anyone test this with 860?

Regards,

27. Offline

Hex

It works on 860.

28. Offline

theguywhomines

um, i think i did something wrong.
    when i do /mcc no commands come up, i wont earn xp, i cant see me stats:confused: can someone help me?
    thanks

29. Could not find answer on this page, so posting:
    Does this support Permissions v3?

30. Offline

Hex

I havent had any problems with it so far.

Do you have the permissions?

31. This happened to me as well. When I installed it while ingame it worked ok. Then if the server is stopped, or restarted or maybe even /reloadall (didn't check this) the plugin just ceases to work.
    Bukkit 860 ;)
    - Dannie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.