[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

MageRooster

So, I've been using your plugin for a now and my players love it. To the point that we set up an RP map that uses the mcMMO skills as the basis for most of it. (Skill-based classes, essentially, details on how it works here: http://big-metto.net/RP_Wiki/index.php?title=Rolecraft )
    Anyway, every new player to the RP map gets one skill at 200, two skills at 100 and a +25 to two skills from their "race". Currently, I have to edit all these in manually. Is there some way I could get some command where people can choose packages of one-time skill bonuses to automate this? (I also use permissions groups to control what race people show up as, so this is actually somewhat involved to automate.)

Also, any way I could get MultiVerse support? I want all my worlds BUT the RP map to use one set of numbers and the RP map to use another.

3. Offline

RugRats

Can someone tell me why most of thesekills don't work on my server... 823 1.0.09 MySQl

4. Offline

nossr50

Big thanks to Pandarr for programming localization support in this update.

Version 1.0.10
    • Added Localization/String Customization
    • Mushroom XP reduced from 40 to 25
    • Removed "clears inventory" warning in /mcc for /myspawn since this no longer happens
    Alright guys, first I'll apologize for not fixing the bugs with XP gain people are experiencing still I need more information if I'm going to fix it. Please reply to this. Provide as much information as possible.

Anyways, this version of mcMMO has a pretty big update. It adds support for localization, theres a little bit of work to set it up however.

First of all use an archive program like WinRar or 7zip to open up mcMMO.jar and navigate to com\gmail\nossr50\ inside the Jar file. Here you will see a file called messages_en_US.properties this is the localization file for en_US and will be the template for other languages. You can either modify all strings in this file or copy it and start making a new file for localization.

If you want to make a file for another language you would copy messages_en_US.properties and rename the en_US part of it to something else. Then inside mcmmo.properties you will change the localization file setting from en_US to whatever the new files name is. You would have to add your new localization file to the same location in mcMMO.jar that messages_en_US.properties is in. For example, If you were translating mcMMO to Mexican Spanish you would name it es_MX. If you want to know what the correct name for your localization would be you can look here. I'll probably change these files to be located inside your plugins folder in future versions.

Anyways theres a few things you should know about the localization files, they use special words to insert color codes, for example [[GREEN]] will insert the green color code. These are based on the ChatColor bukkit uses found here. So if you want to insert RED used in bukkit, write [[RED]] in the localization file.

Pandarr could probably explain this stuff a little better than I could if you run into any issues.

Anyways, if you fully translate mcMMO into another language I would be glad to include your localization files in future updates. Just send me a PM or email.

Darkaegis and LlmDl like this.
  5. Offline

lipe123

Oh nossr, maybe this might help. I'm using McMyAdmin to admin my server. Maybe that has something to do with the lack of XP gain on some skills?

6. Offline

nossr50

Its possible that might have something to do with it so long as other people reporting this issue are also using McMyAdmin.

7. Offline

rtcabooservb

Is there any way to move the mcmmo command of /stats to /mcstats? I use the plugin stats and achievements and it tends to conflict with each other and mcmmo takes priority.

8. Offline

RugRats

mcPlayerListener.wiki This message pops up under the mcmmo motd in the newest version of mcmmo no error just saying also I got everything to work on my test server :D

9. Offline

Magesblood

1.0.10 is working with McMyAdmin. No problems for me. But I do have a XP issue.

Using Flatfile, 818, 1.0.10 mcMMO
    A player can farm skill on another player who just logged in without the player who just logged in taking any damage.
    (Video)

When he logs in I could farm XP on him until the MC default invulnerability wore off. The last hit was after the invulnerability which caused him damage.

10. Offline

nossr50

@Magesblood I'll keep this in mind for the next patch.

11. Offline

lipe123

nossr would it help you to figure out the probs if you play on a "broken" server with the xp gain thing?

12. Offline

ReploidGodX

I also would like to point out that this is the only major plugin I use. My server runs; Gravel to clay, Quickbelt and MCMMO.

13. Offline

Red Star

I'd like to make a contribution, if I could.

Just started running a Minecraft server, had a few other plugins installed, couldn't get XP to work properly with mcMMO. I started disabling plugins, that didn't work. Disabled ALL other plugins and cleaned out my mcmmo prefs directory to generate things fresh, still didn't work.

After that, I checked my server.properties file, and figured "Well, what the hell, I'll flip the pvp flag back from false to true."

After that, XP gains started working again. Turned all my other plugins back on, restarted server, XP gains still working.

Fixed it for me. Anybody else running with pvp=false in your server.properties? Try switching it.

ReploidGodX and Darkaegis like this.
  14. Offline

Darcion

Nossr50 do you invested time in MySql performance issues for this new build?

15. Offline

Darkaegis

That could definitely be it. It could have been working for me the whole time because I've always had pvp enabled on my private server.

16. Offline

red_xiii

Thank you Red Star. After switching pvp from false to true, XP gains worked perfectly.

17. Thanks for the update!

I think you did not nerf mushrooms hard enough though, I think you underestimate how massively easy they can be farmed now :/ But will test it and come back with feedback.

===

Saw this on .10:

http://pastie.org/2031822

18. Offline

Lead2Life

I just deleted all other plugins and started server.. I don't gain exp. Then I looked into the config and saw that pvp is set to true and pvpxpgain too.. so I switched them to false, no chances, and back; no chances. That all doesn't work for me -.-

19. Offline

xzKinGzxBuRnzx

I'm getting this error...

2011-06-07 15:05:26 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS to mcMMO
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(mcPlayerListener.java:546)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:271)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:712)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:684)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:225)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

It causes our server to completely quit responding. It won't save-all or stop.

Update: I'm now also receiving this one...

2011-06-07 15:32:52 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_RESPAWN to mcMMO
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerRespawn(mcPlayerListener.java:48)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:257)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:242)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:203)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:874)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet9Respawn.a(SourceFile:18)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:225)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)

20. Offline

RugRats

Okay try it with mySQl. Make sure your PVP in your server config is on to.

21. Offline

Lead2Life

I don't know how to use mySQL and really I don't want to use it. I just have an offline server with max 8 ppl
    I just wonder why the programmer doesn't do anything on it as it seems that there are others with the same problem :/

22. Offline

RugRats

Well it WORKS perfectly fine. Make sure PVP is enabled on your server :D

23. Offline

Lead2Life

Okay thanks now it works. I thought I just need to set pvp=true in mcmmo properties not in the server properties :p But that mustn't be a permanent solution.

24. Offline

RugRats

It is for now >:D

25. Offline

nossr50

Alright, thanks for the detailed info on the bug guys. I'll be putting out an update today to address the problem.

Version 1.0.11
    • Fixed bug where players could not gain experience in several skills
    • Removed PVP flag from mcmmo.properties as its not needed anymore
    • Fixed a few NPE errors
    • Mushroom XP reduced from 25 to 15
    • Fixed an exploit where players who just logged in could be farmed for experience because they were invulnerable
    This should patch up the major bugs reported recently. I check the world settings for the PVP flag now so having mcMMO use its own PVP flag felt redundant, so I removed it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  26. Offline

RugRats

thanks for the update :D my server heavily relies on this wonderful plugin :D

27. Offline

Sprocket

Just upgraded to 1.0.11 and I get this error when I log into the game:

Code:
    Exception while writing to plugins/mcMMO/mcmmo.users (Are you sure you formatted it correctly?)
    	at com.gmail.nossr50.datatypes.PlayerProfile.addPlayer(PlayerProfile.java:361)
    	at com.gmail.nossr50.datatypes.PlayerProfile.<init>(PlayerProfile.java:50)
    	at com.gmail.nossr50.Users.addUser(Users.java:66)
    	at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerLogin(mcPlayerListener.java:84)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:313)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:183)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:82)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)

I tried deleting the entire McMMO dir to test and it still gives that error.. :(

28. Offline

Nagato

29. Offline

lipe123

Do I need to delete my config file when doing this update?
    I just deleted the "pvp=false" line from the config and restarted the server and still not gaining any sword xp.

30. Offline

nossr50

@lipe123 That setting can be deleted, its not loaded into mcMMO anymore. Is it only swords XP that is not working? It could be permissions setup incorrectly.

31. Offline

lipe123

I didn't get time to test more - at work ftl. But I'm admin with '*' permissions and the other users have mcmmo.skills.* and mcmmo.ability.*

Everything was working great until the 1.6 server update etc. I'm also one of the ppl that had pvp=false initially so I had hoped this would make it all right.
    It definitely shows "mcMMO version 1.0.11 is enabled! " when starting the server so the update worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.