[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

nossr50

@Echo4Sierra It seems mcMMO is having trouble communicating with your SQL server. Are you positive its setup correctly? When you first launch your server do any error messages about SQL pop up?

Regen works like this (someone slap this in the wiki)

There are 3 tiers based on your power level

Tier 1: Below 500
    Tier 2: Above 500 but below 1000
    Tier 3: Above 1000

They change the rate at which you are healed.

Tier 1: Half a heart every 40 seconds
    Tier 2: Half a heart every 20 seconds
    Tier 3: Half a heart every 10 seconds

If you get damaged from any source (falling, lava, monsters...) you are put in a 60 second wait period where you cannot regenerate, this is to stop regeneration from making combat unbalanced.

I may change how regeneration works in the future.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  3. Offline

darkwarriors

some of my players discovered that with diamond pickaxe if they use strike under obsidian all their item durability disappear and after about 20 obisdian they break their pickaxe

4. Offline

Echo4Sierra

!
    MySQLuserName=databaseusername
    MySQLdbName=databasename
    MySQLdbPass=password
    MySQLport=3306
    UseMySQL=true
    MySQLTablePrefix=mcmmo_
    MySQLServer=x.x.x.x
    !
    this is basiclly how i have it configured.... do i need to add something after the "table prefix" or will it automaticly generate a table name? should there be a space after the "=" ?
    !
    additional Log:
    2011-05-25 17:03:16 [SEVERE] null loading mcMMO v1.0.09 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.gmail.nossr50.Database.Write(Database.java:135)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.Database.createStructure(Database.java:45)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcMM:confused:nEnable(mcMMO.java:71)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:676)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:249)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:131)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:109)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:218)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:205)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:145)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:260)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

5. Offline

lucent

My apologies if this has already come up and/or it's not an idea in consideration - though I didn't turn anything up on my attempted searches of this thread.

Anyway, what about re-purposing the book (inspired/stolen by other priest mods) as the trigger to the healing ability. With a book (or something else, say wool to act like a bandage) in hand, you could right click on another, partied, player in order to heal them some amount and use the item - I'm not sure if the book or re-purposed item could be made a tool with durability, but that might even be better. Ideas for additional effects with skillups could be increased healing amounts, chance to grant a short duration regeneration bonus, and chances to repair the other player's armor a very small amount.

Alternatively, this could be part of just a "magery" skill, in which players use the book to fling fireballs with right-click, and heal other players with left click... But perhaps that's taking it a little too far.

Just thought I'd post the thought, as well as saying that I really enjoy your mod and appreciate all the good work!

6. Offline

nossr50

@Echo4Sierra from those errors mcMMO is having trouble creating the database structure when its first loaded. Is your MySQL up to date?

7. Offline

Echo4Sierra

I
    have a ticket opened with the server provider to check if there are issues with the SQL DB. If i can come up with a solution I'll post it here incase anyone else run's into the same issue.
    Thanks for your help nossr50, and i'll let you know

8. Offline

lipe123

hey nossr my question got buried again :(

Is there a way to change the /accept command other than just the remap in the config file. My problem is that mcmyadmin remote server manager also has a builtin /accept command and even when i change the command in the config file for mcmmo it still remaps to /accept and users just get "permission denied".

I know its a lot to ask but the guys at mcmyadmin isnt very helpfull at all. I'm totally no good at java so I'm not 100% on how to change things.

9. Offline

nossr50

@lipe123
    Change
    /accept=accept
    To
    /accept=acpt

10. Offline

lipe123

I did, but when players type /acpt it still logs as "player tried command /accept - permission denied" because.
    I think that /accpet=acpt gets reversed again when its "executed" ?

Its by design, if you dont like it just do "toolslosedurabilityfromskills = false" in the config. Might not be 100% the right name but u cant miss it.

Ah speaking of the config, noss someone posted a nicely grouped config file but every time i try use it the plugin re-writes it with the default. Cant we please get that to be the default config?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  11. Offline

Darkaegis

I enjoy the ability, but I always end up turning it off because as the level gets higher it becomes far too easy to survive, rendering pork and bread completely useless.

If you ever tweak the ability in the future, It'd be awesome if there were a modifier to change effectiveness. Ideally, I'd like to be able to have it on my server, but make it so slow that bread and pork are still needed to regain health properly, even for high levels.

Love the plugin, by the way, and it's working well on the non-recommended 1.6 build of Bukkit for me!

SeeD419 likes this.
  12. Offline

nossr50

@lipe123 It will require rewriting the code so its a little bit more work than just copy pasting.

@Darkaegis I'll keep in mind your request when I'm updating the mod for 1.6

Can't wait till I have internet again, sucks having to use other people's computers

Darkaegis likes this.
  13. Offline

Neero

I just wanted to say that this is the number 1 plugin for minecraft :D Keep up the good work! ^^

14. Offline

lipe123

I figured as much, not a prob. I have since got a tip that I should be able to comment out the /accept section in the mcmyadmin.jar code somewhere so I'm going to look into that.

15. Offline

SeeD419

Code:
    19:15:35 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Listener already listening
        at net.minecraft.server.Container.a(SourceFile:28)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.syncInventory(EntityPlayer.java:70)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.updateInventory(CraftPlayer.java:217)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.skills.Repair.repairCheck(Repair.java:170)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(mcPlayerListener.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:299)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:209)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:544)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:214)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:396)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:308)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Bleeding edge non-recommended bukkit build, and latest of your plugin.

16. Offline

BlueLiquidPlus

@Darkaegis - I use SlowHealth for this, I configured it to 1/2 Heart every 60 seconds allowing a natural regen but not so high that it makes combat easy. I try to keep combat more vanilla with health and let players wear armor and use strategy of what abilities to use or level their abilities accordingly...

McMMO still remains my favorite plugin, I only wish Fishing, Slaying, and Hunting were added in.

@nossr50 - Keep up the good work, I hope you get settled soon and get your internet back up. :)

Darkaegis likes this.
  17. Offline

G1R Productions

18:57:33 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.updateInventory(CraftPlayer.java:217)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(mcPlayerListener.java:105)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:133)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:512)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    >

18. Offline

Rpa;otj

I have recently installed mcMMO onto our server and we have been running it for a few days. Mostly just such an amazing plugin! However, we too disabled the hp regen due to the speed of hp gain.

What I made this account for though was to see if we could figure out why our Swords, Axes, and Acrobatics skills do not gain any exp? I have both .skills.* and .abilities.* in permissions for my players' usergroup, and with me having - '*' I also do not gain any exp.

Also there is no chat notification to any of us on skill level up as shown in the thread screenshots! Thanks to anyone that can help us further enjoy this plugin!

19. Offline

Darkaegis

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version? The previous version had a bug that made gains invisible and threw out a bunch of errors in the server, but the newest fixed that problem.

Edit: I was messing around on my own server and noticed either a bug or an oversight by me. Out of nowhere it seemed that players on my server were not gaining or able to use their stats.

I took a look at my permissions file and it was set up how it had been before, but for some reason, in the most recent version, it seems that - 'mcmmo.skills.*' is not working properly for me. To get a stat gain on players on my server that are not admin, I have to give them full - 'mcmmo.*' permissions and remove everything that I don't want them to have one by one.

20. Offline

ScottSpittle

CB 814
    17:24:10 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(mcPlayerListener.java:105)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:133)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:779)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFile:35)

21. Offline

SeeD419

This is huge, this killed the server :x

Edit: Fuck me, it's not mcmmo. If anyone knows where this is coming from please inform me, I have no idea.

Code:
    02:35:56 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    02:35:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.EntityArrow.p_(EntityArrow.java:92)
    02:35:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1067)
    02:35:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:56)
    02:35:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1049)
    02:35:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1026)
    02:35:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:393)
    02:35:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:308)
    02:35:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    02:35:56 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityArrow.p_(EntityArrow.java:92)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1067)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:56)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1049)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1026)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:393)
    >list
    02:36:45 [INFO] There are 3 out of a maximum 20 players online.
    02:36:45 [INFO] Admin: xSapling
    02:36:45 [INFO] Vip: goldd_pandaa_x, Zabz17
    >save-all
    02:36:52 [INFO] Forcing save..
    02:36:53 [INFO] Save complete.
    02:38:25 [INFO] Read timed out
    02:39:06 [INFO] Read timed out
    02:40:01 [INFO] Read timed out

22. Offline

ScottSpittle

Malicious!!
    i get read timed out when people spam data packets on my server, it crashes minecraft proccess..

23. Offline

SeeD419

Same, I get it a lot, but can you prove where it's coming from?

24. Offline

ScottSpittle

No. you must have gotten on the bad side of some people

25. Offline

SeeD419

Plausible, but do you have any proof that the read time out messages can be from malicious intent?

26. Offline

ScottSpittle

only that i get it myself from various douchebags that decided to crash my server.. notch was supposed to fix it in 1.6
    look

27. Thank you nossr50! I really like your plugin, keep up the good work!
    Also, I would like to help you out with the wiki, if thats okay with you.

28. Offline

Ratchet

I think mcMMO is breaking Towny permissions somehow

also swords and arrows aren't giving me exp
    and charging up skills isn't working either
    latest version, bukkit 803

29. Offline

Toastito

Hey, awesome mp plugin, really. Are you open to suggestions? Because I have a few I'd love to put forward.

30. Offline

Rpa;otj

Dark, my - 'mcmmo.skills.*' is working indeed as every other skill except Axes, Swords, and Acrobatics are all leveling up just fine. Also, I have access to all permissions as admin and I also cannot level those 3 skills. I will try to individual add each skill permission but I was under the impression that you shouldn't duplicate permissions for example - '*' with - 'mcmmo._________'

*** EDIT *** Skill gains text notifications are indeed working now on the newest version. Axes, Swords, Archery still are not gaining any exp on my server even with - 'mcmmo.*' .

31. Offline

wassilij

I get sometimes this error with Bukkit 814:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.