Inactive [RPG/MECH] BookDupe - Duplicate books without hassle! [1.3.2-RB1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Indiv0, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Do you feel the plugin is useful & release worthy?

1. The plugin is both useful and release worthy.

75.0%
  2. The plugin is useful, but not release worthy yet.

25.0%
  3. The plugin is release worthy, but not useful.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The plugin is neither useful nor release worthy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

Indiv0

READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE DOWNLOADING.

<font color="#ff0000">PLUGIN HAS SINCE MOVED TO BUKKITDEV, NO LONGER UPDATED HERE</font>
    <font color="#888888">Introduction:</font>

I coded this plugin based on a request posted on the MinerAP subreddit by user loveandpolitics. The purpose of this plugin is to allow users to easily create copies of books without having to struggle with the (currently) limited cut-and-paste.

The plugin simply adds two new recipes:
    * Signed (written) book + Book & Quill = 2x Signed (written) book
    * Signed (written) book + book + feather + ink sack = 2x Signed (written) book

Download latest: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Github source: Available here

<font color="#888888">Features:</font>
    * Two recipes to duplicate books from
    * Shift-click support to duplicate multiple books at once

<font color="#888888">Changelog</font>
    * 1.2:

- * Added secondary recipe to craft multiple books
    * Added shift-click support to secondary recipe

1.1:
    * Fixed a bug resulting from clicking the result slot twice in a row

1.0:
    * Books successfully duplicate when placed as a shapeless recipe

<font color="#888888">TODO:</font>
    * Implement the plugin through NBT changes rather than the current ItemStack.clone()
    * Implement the ability to create more than just one copy of a book with each craft. (IMPLEMENTED)

<font color="#888888">Bugs:</font>
    * Throws this error if the "result slot" of a crafting menu is clicked AFTER a book has been successfully duplicated (FIXED IN 1.1)

<font color="#888888">Commands:</font>
    * No commands have been implemented (or are even required) as of yet

<font color="#888888">Stability</font>:
    This plugin is stable and I believe it is safe to be run on live servers as I have found no bugs which may cause irreparable server damage however as with any experimental plugin I would advise caution. The plugin has been tested and confirmed working with CB 1.3.2 RB-1.0.

<font color="#888888">Release:</font>
    I believe the plugin is ready for release and it is compatible with the current 1.3.2 RB.

Feel free to try out the plugin, and report any bugs you encounter!

Be aware of the risks of running an unfinished plugin and <font color="#ff0000">ALWAYS HAVE BACKUPS!!!</font>
    I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your computer, server, dog, etc. through the use of this plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  2. Offline

korikisulda

I don't have a dog ;) anyway, this does sound like a very useful plugin.

3. Offline

Tmidog69

This is awesome, I love when a community based request is created and I cant wait till this get added to the MinerAp server

4. Having this error trying to load the plugin:

Code:
    08:00:05 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/BookDupe.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/github/Indiv0/BookDupe/BookDupe : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:155)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:222)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:198)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.<init>(ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.java:50)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(SourceFile:11)
        at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:380)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/github/Indiv0/BookDupe/BookDupe : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:144)
        ... 9 more

EDIT: Also, on a side note (having not been able to use the plugin yet due to the above), if you're wanting to have people be able to duplicate many books quickly, one suggestion would be to leave the original book in the crafting grid, so people can put the book they want to copy into the crafting grid along with, say, a stack of 64 feathers and a stack of 64 books, then they can rapidly click the output box of the crafting grid or shift+click to instantly make 64 copies.

5. Offline

Indiv0

From what I can tell on the forums, that error is caused because I built my plugin against Java 1.7, while your server is running Java 1.6. As for your suggestion, I really like that idea and I'll be sure to implement it :)

6. Offline

md_5

7. Offline

Splaze

/More with a book? :p

8. Offline

Indiv0

md_5

Will do.

Splaze

Not sure what you're referring to :)

9. I can't run the server on 1.7 because it doesn't allow anyone to connect - for some reason, bukkit will only allow others to connect when it's loaded through Java 1.6. This is the only plugin I have that actually requires Java 1.7 :\ which is a shame.

10. Offline

Indiv0

Hey, sorry for the delayed response. I have since set my compiler to JDK 1.6, meaning you no longer require Java 7. You can also find and follow the project at BukkitDev.

11. Brilliant to hear :) I'm updating my server to 1.4.2 now - I'm surprised this wasn't added as a feature of vanilla Minecraft in 1.4.2, especially when they updated maps the way they did.