Plugin Request RPG Dialogue

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by PhillyCheezsteak, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: (not sure)

Suggested name: RPG Dialogue

What I want:
    If a player uses /RPGD (Title)[st](subtitle) [st] separates title and subtitle

So for example if I would type /RPGD Test1 [st] I am cool

I would have the title Test1 and the subtitle I am cool on my screen

I would also want support for formatting codes like &4 etc.

A config on how long the text will stay on the screen

Ideas for commands: /RPGD (Title)[st](subtitle)

Ideas for permissions: RPGDialogue.use

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can please.

NOTE: I am going to use this plugin with Citizens, so it will be a unique way to have them talk, and give players a RPG feel.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@PhillyCheezsteak Would it display on everyone's screen, or only the sender? And would you like the command to be case sensitive? (May be a bit strange, felt I should ask though).

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. @BizarrePlatinum It would display only on the sender's screen. The command would not be case sensitive.

4. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@PhillyCheezsteak
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/rpg-dialogue/pages/main/
    I was not able to add the size specifications for the dialogue, and I had to limit it to a single color, and in the newest version the color code may be used anywhere in the text field. I am still waiting 2.0 to be approved, you can go ahead and download 1.0 and wait till 2.0 is approved, or if it's already approved by the time you see this, you can go ahead and download it (only difference is color codes being dynamic). The plugin has a config on how long it takes for the dialogue to fade in, stay on the screen, and fade out (defaults to 4 seconds).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  5. Offline

pie_flavor

6. @BizarrePlatinum Awesome! Thank you so much :) Can you please link the jar to me so I can test it out?

7. Offline

I Al Istannen

8. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@PhillyCheezsteak I would suppose the problem is spigot doesn't contain the packets I am sending (must be only a bukkit thing). I can try making a spigot version of the plugin.

--EDIT-- It would appear the packets are in spigot. Are you using spigot 1.8?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  9. Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  10. @BizarrePlatinum Hey sorry again for not seeing your edit. I edited the previous post with my spigot version. Also I was wondering, is it possible to edit the text size?

11. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@PhillyCheezsteak That would probably be the issue (just going to assume here). Try using spigot 1.8 instead. And I can add subtitles to the current command, and there could be like a large or small argument, but the packets I am sending are the packets used for the /title command (the reason I cannot have more than 1 color) and the text size (to m knowledge) cannot be edited.

12. @BizarrePlatinum I have to use Spigot 1.8.3 due to my other plugins. Would there be a way to make this plugin compatible for 1.8.3 spigot?

13. @BizarrePlatinum Hey I was wondering if there was any news with the bug fix/1.8.3 spigot compatibility?

EDIT: I changed the original post with the format and I researched a lot with how the plugin would work. I basically just need a plugin that will allow you to put title text on your screen. I am using 1.8.3 Spigot.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  14. I edited the original post. If anyone is willing to make this for 1.8.3 spigot, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I do not want any messages from the plugin in the chat. I have tried other title plugins, and they worked great, but they spammed my chat with messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.