Inactive [RPG] AncientRPG - Create your own RPG v0.95[1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pylamo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Offline

Pylamo

CraftyMclovin:
    oops, I meant the party toggle thing :D
    However, post your spell, there is probably something wrong with it.

2. Offline

CraftyMclovin

i'm not sure what spell is causing lol i have like 20 spells but only one causes the error i'm guessing :p would it be the spell above or below the error or could it be anyone of the spells?

thanks.

3. Offline

Pylamo

below.

4. Offline

CraftyMclovin

okay the spell below the error is,

portarrowbuff,
    Code:
    portarrowbuff
    buff
    projectilehitevent
    var loc = getprojectilehitlocation
    teleport, loc
    endif
    any ideas?

5. Offline

Pylamo

there is an endif without an if -> error

6. Offline

CraftyMclovin

ahhh i see, so where would i input the "if" to get the spell to work?

7. Offline

Pylamo

CraftyMclovin
    you don't need an if in your spell, just remove the endif.

8. Offline

Yolo"ing"

I'm also getting an issue with my spell. Made a spell, but in the log it says "could not pass event PlayerJoinEvent to Ancient RPG". Any ideas?

9. Offline

Pylamo

10. Offline

Yolo"ing"

Invisibilty
    active
    variables: Cooldown
    checkcooldown, CoolCool
    invisible, Player, 30
    cooldown, CoolCool, Cooldown
    (CoolCool is the name of the cooldown)
    and.. not sure if u need this but just in case
    level Cooldown
    1 20
    2 19
    3 18
    4 17
    5 16
    6 15
    7 13
    8 11
    9 9
    10 7

also if this may help, it says when i try to use it (only when i bind it) that its not ready yet but shuld be ready in 0.02 but obviously it keeps repeating that, even after 0.02.

-thanks for the quick respond

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  11. Offline

Pylamo

Yolo"ing":
    your spell is not related to the playerjoinevent therefore it should not cause an error when a player joins.
    The bug is caused because your cooldown values are too low.
    You have to specify the time in milliseconds. Just multiply your values with 1000 and it will work.

12. Offline

Yolo"ing"

oh thank you so much.

-if u ever plan to make a server, call me.

ok another issue:p the time keeps resetting itself but never actually casts the spell. any more ideas? lol

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

Pylamo

You have to multiply the time of the invisibilty too.

14. Offline

Yolo"ing"

well, idk what i would do with out you:p keep this up!

15. Offline

Pylamo

16. Offline

nitwity

Would you mind making the spellmaker for mac?

17. Offline

Pylamo

nitwity:
    The current spellmaker is already mac compatible, use mono to execute it.
    H0wever, I'm currently working on a new Spellmaker version in java, ETA 3-4 days.

18. Offline

Craigus86

could u tell me how to make a spell like poison arrow to make a arrow hit a person and poison them

19. Offline

jdthedueler

Hey there!

My friend and I are in the process of developing a server, and I have convinced him to utilise your plugin, on the premise that I do the help and configuration files. At first I was lost, but your config, albeit jumbled, is very clear as to what it does. I did come across several things which confuse me, however.

-Is it possible to redefine max level?
    -Can I use potion buffs and debuffs as abilities?
    -Are aura/AOE spells able to be created?
    -Can I call on native game variables (ie: for a passive buff, floor (bonus = APF * 0.2), which would call on the protection granted by armor and add 20% of the returned APF to the specified stat)?
    -Is there a way to add more Guild Titles and/or customise what specific ranks can do?
    -Can I define bow damage at all charge levels (ie: damage of bow charge 1: 10 damage of bow charge 2: 20)?
    -Can I auto-toggle friendly-fire on/off upon entering certain areas?
    -Can I create plague-style spells (ie: TargetNearestEntity, Plague, Range 15, Spread 10; would cause any Entity within 15 blocks of the target to be afflicted by the same spell after 10 seconds. In other words, spells would spread between targets, ignoring ones which were already affected)?

Thanks in advance, and I can guarantee more questions to come :D

20. Offline

Pylamo

@jdheduler:
    1. what do you mean with redefine?
    You can define your own maxlevel in the config.
    2. most of them
    3. yes
    4.not sure what apf means ;)
    5. not atm
    6. no, that woule be possible with bukkit but as far as I know a arrow does always same damage (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't play minecraft)
    7.not with my plugin but there are plugins for it.

21. Offline

jdthedueler

APF is armor protection factor, basically damage soak of armor.
    Bows have 3 levels of charge, and I have seen plugins which allow the damage to be changed at all different levels, though I don't know if it is like that by default.

22. Offline

Pylamo

@jdtheudeler:
    You can't modify game variables but I am sure you can find a way to do this with spells.
    I can implement a getspeed argument and then you can multiply the speed with a damage factor.

23. Offline

Craigus86

can u do spells so it affects what ur arrows do to a target like a poison arrow?

24. Offline

jdthedueler

Okay, thanks. I'll do my best to get this working. Two more things (sorry for being a noobface :p ):

-Can I create plague-style spells (ie: TargetNearestEntity, Plague, Range 15, Spread 10; would cause any Entity within 15 blocks of the target to be afflicted by the same spell after 10 seconds. In other words, spells would spread between targets, ignoring ones which were already affected)?
    I already asked this, but it was an edit after you responded lol.

-Is there a maximum XP level you can use?

I think there is an example of this on the wiki under Sample Classes.

25. Offline

Craigus86

26. Offline

Pylamo

27. Offline

Xippie

Hey Pylamo, I don't exactly understand all the terms used in the SpellMaker interface, especially the "Events" when making a Passive spell or Buff. Is there any chance you could write a comprehensive guide to all the functions in the SpellMaker? I'm sure it would help a lot of people out.

28. Offline

Pylamo

Xippie:
    Well, I suck at explaining stuff so it probably wouldn't really help you, but if anyone wants to write a guide I could help them and give them information.

29. Offline

Xippie

Ok thanks, I hope someone responds quickly since I really can't wait to get started with making classes.

30. Offline

Pylamo

Xippie:
    Well, I made a little tutorial, hope it helps you (although it's about events)
    http://pylamo.de/mediawiki/index.php/HowTo:_Spellmaker
    If you use a passive spell the spell is activated when the event happens to the player (for example attackevent is triggered when the player attacks another entity).