Reverse Auction

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by gustebeast, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Offline

gustebeast

2. Offline

micrlink

What if it wasn't " /sell 3 diamond Joe123" and it was "/sell 3 diamond" and who ever was first with a request will get the diamonds that way people don't have to strugle with the name?

3. Offline

gustebeast

Wouldnt work because one player may be buying the item at 400 bucks a piece, where as someone else may be buying the item at 2 cents a piece. You want to make sure you are selling to the 400 dollar guy. Now you may think "what if it automatically picks the highest offer". Yes it would be nice but then you would have to deal with a whole host of issues, like if you try to sell more than the first person wants, does it pool over into the second deal?

4. Offline

micrlink

So if Bob like was /buy Diamond 6 20
    Total Diamonds: 0
    Then somone was like /sell Bob Diamond 3
    Total Diamonds: 6 - 3

------OR------
    or bob was like /buy Diamond 6 $20
    and jim was like /buy diamonds 4 $30
    --then--
    Bill: /sell diamonds 3
    bill + $60
    Jim: 1:$30
    bob: 6:$20

5. Offline

gustebeast

Dont fully understand this example. I dont get what you are trying to argue. Anyway, I like the player name option better aswel because it makes the experience more personal. If it was just /sell, it would feel to the player just like the essentials /sell command. When you have the player name, it forces the sale to become personal.

6. Offline

micrlink

ok

7. Offline

gustebeast

So are you interested in taking up this project?

8. Offline

JPG2000

gustebeast Again, reserection JPG FTW

I really like this idea. Its unique and diffirent. Maby I'l try to make this, this weekend. Its a bigger then anything i've ever taken...so heck. I'l give it a go.