Restarting my whole server...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by PiguFilms, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sycholic

okay well if you rename the plugins folder to plugins.orig then copy your jar files for your plugins into that new one and reboot the server each plugin will make default config files for you (no player data yet) then you can take the configs you see freshly made and find your existing files and copy only just them since they shouldnt have any player data in them since they were just made by the plugins.

Again this roughly would I do. if it that works I honestly cant say it'll be without problems because I just dont know but thats basically what I'd do.

I was saying tricky because I was being tricky/sneaky in the method of figure out which files are in a fresh new no-player server vs a already populated one for the plugins ^_^

2. Offline

PiguFilms

Sycholic Now i understand :D ok, so i will make the new folder, bring all the jars, reboot the server and copy all the files that don't have player data in them :))) I won't just do it now, maybe in a few days or so, cause im trying to figure a way through the error in the other thread that you replied :)

3. Offline

Sycholic

no problem also if you just wanna be completely 100% safe. just make a complete copy of your ./bin folder that will backup your server completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.